Aurelien Tchouameni

wisconsincule

For our sake I hope this guy is a massive massive bust.

Camavinga and Valverde already are good. If this guy hits too then I would say their midfield is better than Pedri, FDJ and Gavi.

Morten

For our sake I hope this guy is a massive massive bust.

Camavinga and Valverde already are good. If this guy hits too then I would say their midfield is better than Pedri, FDJ and Gavi.

But that not your midfield 3, Busquets will play for years to come, probably.

Porque

We have nothing to envy if Gavi and Pedri continue to progress and stay injury free. But that 5 year gap between Tchoumeni and Gavi is huge right now.

Birdy

Football is all about balance and blending of different qualities

A mid trio of Thouameni-Camavinga-Valverde is a highly un-balanced and dysfunctional md
They possess as a trio too similar (if not identical) qualities and they would be lacking a lot in what they don't possess:
great defending, tackling, pressing, energy, intensity, constant running, breaking good in counters
and then totally lacking dribbling ability (especially in crowded areas), passing in close spaces, vision, technique

Imagine Madrid circa 2026 with the above md trio and an attacking trident of Vini-Haaland-Mbape , where the best of the trio in technique and dribbling is Vini and the worse Haaland.
It would be a purely counter-attacking team that kills on the counter, waiting to exploit spaces in behind, and then completely ineffective against low blocks.

That would be a transition to a quite different team from what they have been the last decade especially with that md

Catta

Klopp won everything with a much worse and much less technical midfield and still people think that Tchouameni-Camavinga-Valverde midfield would be dysfunctional. I hope it doesn't function, but with the way football is evolving to be much more dynamic, there are slim chances to that. All 3 of them are already good players, and can only get better.

Iniesta Ultra

Ancelotti will probably play a false 433 where Valverde's the fourth mid playing forward position with a playmaker Modric/new signing behind him. Doubt he'll play Cama, Tchou, Valv together otherwise unless against lower table teams who are only good at beating Xavicross.

I also think Cama's playmaking skills will improve when he finally takes over starting position which I think should be as soon as the next season starts. Weighing their respective skills he's already level with Kroos, and actually excels in areas that will benefit Madrid more thank Kroos.

Last edited:

jamrock

Even though we will potentially have a very technical midnight in a few years as gavi & Pedri peak, if we don't sell them that is.

Tbag madrid midfield will be a absolutely physical beast, Jesus Christ.

Damn which we could afford him, but we ain't got it like that right now, he'll still go to madrid though, he fits their profile more.

Needs to work on his passing, but you can't teach that kind of physical gifts.

Raketa10

Klopp won everything with a much worse and much less technical midfield and still people think that Tchouameni-Camavinga-Valverde midfield would be dysfunctional. I hope it doesn't function, but with the way football is evolving to be much more dynamic, there are slim chances to that. All 3 of them are already good players, and can only get better.

Many forum members also claimed that Isco and Asensio will dominate for years and that we made a huge mistake for not signing those two. However, they never reached their potential. One thing is to be talented and another thing is to reach the world class level.

Morten

Many forum members also claimed that Isco and Asensio will dominate for years and that we made a huge mistake for not signing those two. However, they never reached their potential. One thing is to be talented and another thing is to reach the world class level.

People might have said that about Asensio, but he was never really that talented, he has reached his potential, more or less.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

can also add James to that list...

JamDav1982

Even though we will potentially have a very technical midnight in a few years as gavi & Pedri peak, if we don't sell them that is.

Tbag madrid midfield will be a absolutely physical beast, Jesus Christ.

Damn which we could afford him, but we ain't got it like that right now, he'll still go to madrid though, he fits their profile more.

Needs to work on his passing, but you can't teach that kind of physical gifts.

Nah dont need to sell them but it would be better for future of club than atrocious deal of 540m for 40 years of 25% v rights no doubt.

That is how bad that deal is that you want to happen... it would be better for Barca to sell off their valuable young players than take that hit for 40 years.

Home of Barca Fans