Atletico Madrid Game

thetomg

There was a good few tickets available the other day but there all gone now.

Yeah I saw that... but with the match date & time still not set I had to hold off as I won't be arriving in Barcelona until 7pm sat evening (so if they switch it to Saturday I wouldn't be there in time...)

Anyone else confused by that post from the team? It initially says the match will be 7pm Sunday "but only if Espanyol are already safe from relegation" but then further down it says that the match will be moved to 6pm Saturday "but only if RCD Espanyol are guaranteed that they will not be relegated" -- aren't those both the same circumstance????

Catalan Fan

It will be either sat evening or sunday.They have no other options.

Only valid reason to bring it forward to sat evening is to allow AM an extra day recovery before the CL final.

AzaR

Yeah I saw that... but with the match date & time still not set I had to hold off as I won't be arriving in Barcelona until 7pm sat evening (so if they switch it to Saturday I wouldn't be there in time...)

Anyone else confused by that post from the team? It initially says the match will be 7pm Sunday "but only if Espanyol are already safe from relegation" but then further down it says that the match will be moved to 6pm Saturday "but only if RCD Espanyol are guaranteed that they will not be relegated" -- aren't those both the same circumstance????

Yeh unsure myself as they contradict themselves.

On the Saturday my expected time of arrival in Barcelona is 5:20 CET. That would mean 40 minutes to get through airport security and to the Nou Camp from El Prat.

Hopefully Espanyol need be safe from relegation for the game to be played on the Sunday but it wouldnt make sense that way so I unfortunately have a feeling it will only be on Sunday if Espanyol are at risk of being relegated. Resulting in me having to buy more tickets for the flight there :(

Last edited:

Barcadub

Seriously what are they at? People travelling from all over and they are changing days.

Ridiculous.

AzaR

Can't you change your flight to an earlier one?

I doubt it.

My flight apparently leaves stansted at 15:10 GMT and arrives in Barcelona 18:20. Although I've read a flight to Barcelona only takes about 2 hours so not sure how they have it at 3 hours and 10 minutes.

AzaR

Where are you from ?

From Birmingham but will be flying out from Stansted due to the cheap flights I got. Fortunately on paid £36 in total for the flights to Barcelona and back so not too much of a loss if I have to buy outbound tickets again.

Would be nice to have some clarification on whether Espanyol need to be safe or not for the game to remain on sunday.

F

Flavia

From Birmingham but will be flying out from Stansted due to the cheap flights I got. Fortunately on paid £36 in total for the flights to Barcelona and back so not too much of a loss if I have to buy outbound tickets again.

Would be nice to have some clarification on whether Espanyol need to be safe or not for the game to remain on sunday.
FC Barcelona v Atlético, either Saturday or Sunday

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/09/2014 08:00

Barça v Atlético will be on Sunday at 7.00 PM CET, but only if Espanyol are already safe from relegation
If not, the game will be brought forward to Saturday 17 at 6.00 PM CET

The organisers of the Spanish Liga, the LFP, have announced that the last games of the season will almost all be played at the same time of 6.00 PM CET on Sunday 18 May. So that should be the kick-off time of the potential showdown between first and second placed FC Barcelona and Atlético Madrid.

However, there is the possibility of the game being brought forward to the Saturday, but only if RCD Espanyol are guaranteed that they will not be relegated. In that case, the games between Barça & Atlético and between Real Madrid & Espanyol would be played on Saturday 17 May at 6.00 PM CET.

It all means that we’ll have to wait until the conclusion of this weekend’s matches before we know for sure when Barça will play the last game of the season.

thetomg

FC Barcelona v Atlético, either Saturday or Sunday

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/09/2014 08:00

Barça v Atlético will be on Sunday at 7.00 PM CET, but only if Espanyol are already safe from relegation
If not, the game will be brought forward to Saturday 17 at 6.00 PM CET

The organisers of the Spanish Liga, the LFP, have announced that the last games of the season will almost all be played at the same time of 6.00 PM CET on Sunday 18 May. So that should be the kick-off time of the potential showdown between first and second placed FC Barcelona and Atlético Madrid.

However, there is the possibility of the game being brought forward to the Saturday, but only if RCD Espanyol are guaranteed that they will not be relegated. In that case, the games between Barça & Atlético and between Real Madrid & Espanyol would be played on Saturday 17 May at 6.00 PM CET.

It all means that we’ll have to wait until the conclusion of this weekend’s matches before we know for sure when Barça will play the last game of the season.

This statement makes no sense - this is what I was getting at in my previous post.

It says at the beginning that the match will be Sunday, as long as Espanyol are safe from relegation, then further down it says the match will be Saturday, but only if Espanyol are safe from relegation...

HUH?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This statement makes no sense - this is what I was getting at in my previous post.

It says at the beginning that the match will be Sunday, as long as Espanyol are safe from relegation, then further down it says the match will be Saturday, but only if Espanyol are safe from relegation...

HUH?

IF Espanyol's results go their way this weekend which guarantees their place safe for the next season then the match will be moved from Sunday to the day before, Saturday.

thetomg

IF Espanyol's results go their way this weekend which guarantees their place safe for the next season then the match will be moved from Sunday to the day before, Saturday.

That is one way to read it, but they clearly contradict that statement - it initially says if espanyol is safe, the match stays on sunday, then further down it says if espanyol is safe, the match will be moved to Saturday. Which is it?

Home of Barca Fans