Atletico de Madrid

Neymessi

Has a team ever scraped results as gloriously as ATM ?

18 games, 25 goals, 13 wins.

Villarreal's not bad either.

Yeah,they hardly even thrash teams like barca or RM.They just somehow manage a win and thats the only reason I think they won't sustain that in the long run but till now they are doing well

Neymessi

They struggled against levante at home who are last on the table.Things like these give me indications that in the long run they won't be able to compete with us or RM.But somehow they are still winning :(

El Flaco

Has a team ever scraped results as gloriously as ATM ?

18 games, 25 goals, 13 wins.

You could've also mentioned the fact that Atlético has only conceded 8 goals.

Attack wins you games, but a really strong/solid defence wins you titles.

7 games so far with 1-0 win

And it gave Atleti three points.

Credit to them but surely this kind of run can't carry on

We better beat them end of the month

And what do you mean by that?

Although we beat them, there's still other games were we can drop points and Atleti can take advantage of that.

They struggled against levante at home who are last on the table.Things like these give me indications that in the long run they won't be able to compete with us or RM.But somehow they are still winning :(

Struggled? Unlucky is a better term I'd say, Atlético created several chances and manage to hit the post/crossbar 3-4 times and should've been given a penalty when Ángel Correa was brought down by a Levante-defender.

Also, I find it interesting that Real Madrid is a bigger threat to us than Atleti according to you. They've lost to every single big team of this season, manage to draw against Sporting Gijón and Málaga and even smaller teams has actually manage to outplay Los Merengues at Santiago Bernabeu (although they manage to win these games due to bad ref or when 1-2 players were sent off). Real Madrid's defence looks worse and if it wasn't for Keylor Navas, they wouldn't even be at 3rd place. Their midfield is pretty much non-existent thanks to 5-0-5 formation during matches. And let's not forget that a lot of players have underperformed under Rafa Benitez.

Unlike Atleti, Real Madrid aren't good enough to win La Liga or in any competition of this season.

Last edited:

barcafan161

Although we beat them, there's still other games were we can drop points and Atleti can take advantage of that.

Struggled? Unlucky is a better term I'd say, Atlético created several chances and manage to hit the post/crossbar 3-4 times and should've been given a penalty when Ángel Correa was brought down by a Levante-defender.

Also, I find it interesting that Real Madrid is a bigger threat to us than Atleti according to you. They've lost to every single big team of this season, manage to draw against Sporting Gijón and Málaga and even smaller teams has actually manage to outplay Los Merengues at Santiago Bernabeu (although they manage to win these games due to bad ref or when 1-2 players were sent off). Real Madrid's defence looks worse and if it wasn't for Keylor Navas, they wouldn't even be at 3rd place. Their midfield is pretty much non-existent thanks to 5-0-5 formation during matches. And let's not forget that a lot of players have underperformed under Rafa Benitez.

Unlike Atleti, Real Madrid aren't good enough to win La Liga or in any competition of this season.

Yes we can drop points but so can they.

We beat them at home and winning the head to head could be huge. potenally 4 point gap after game in hand.

I do agree though that AM are a bigger threat than Real due to their amazing defense

This ain't no luck.

It's certainly more than luck, but i'll bet my house that Atleti's ratio of goals scored (or goal difference) to points earned will be higher in the second half.
As is stands, 25/41 (18 games) roughly equals 0.60. If we use goal difference, the ratio is a tad more attainable, 17/41 roughly equals 0.42.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
This ain't no luck.

Yes. The previous time people thought it was "luck", Atleti have won the league. It is Simeone and his team, and people should have acknowledged it a long time ago.

They still have a lot of exploitable potential in attack with the likes of Jackson, Vietto and both Torres guys who have underperformed. Right now, their threat in attack comes only from Griezmann mostly with occassional bursts of Carrasco, Correa and the recent joker, Thomas. Moreover, they are more than dangerous in the long run - I mean in two/three years time, for instance. Add Koke, Saul, Gimenez, Kranevitter, Oblak and Lucas Hernandez to already mentioned guys and there is a great team with players just at their peak.

El Flaco

Yes we can drop points but so can they.

We beat them at home and winning the head to head could be huge. potenally 4 point gap after game in hand.

I do agree though that AM are a bigger threat than Real due to their amazing defense

Yes, but I was just saying that beating Atlético (or vice versa) doesn't really mean everything.

I'd like to say that Atlético isn't a bigger threat than Real Madrid only due to their great defence, but also for the ridiciolous consistency they've and seems to be very solid (which is nessessery in order to fight with our for the 1st place).

Neymessi

You may have different opinion but I do believe RM are a bigger threat than athleti to me. They were a threat when they won the la liga 2 years back but not now.At that time they had a defense even world class teams would dream to have and an attack that was great too. They scored almost every time they took a set piece .Now they have much worse defence than they had back then for some reason and their attack doesn't hold a candle to barca or RM. Its not like I consider Rm a big threat and atleti none. I consider both of them considerably behind barca currently but RM still has the edge over them.

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Yes. The previous time people thought it was "luck", Atleti have won the league. It is Simeone and his team, and people should have acknowledged it a long time ago.

They still have a lot of exploitable potential in attack with the likes of Jackson, Vietto and both Torres guys who have underperformed. Right now, their threat in attack comes only from Griezmann mostly with occassional bursts of Carrasco, Correa and the recent joker, Thomas. Moreover, they are more than dangerous in the long run - I mean in two/three years time, for instance. Add Koke, Saul, Gimenez, Kranevitter, Oblak and Lucas Hernandez to already mentioned guys and there is a great team with players just at their peak.

Yea, never underestimate them. That said, Simeone has been struggling to find his best front line combination. Griezmann is a must. But so far Jackson is just not clicking. Torres is past it. Correa and Vietto are still raw. If suddenly Simeone finds a way and makes them to click, they are very very dangerous.

For the long term, that really depends on if they can keep the backbone of Oblak, Godin, Koke and particularly Griezmann. Not sure they have the financial muscle to keep them intact.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
New TV deal with help a bit. And if Simeone stays on, anything is possible. They nearly won CL 18 months ago.

Nucky

Koke perhaps they can keep cuz he is Spanish, but Griezmann I don't think so. Big clubs are already knocking on Atletico's door for Griezmann. I'm afraid they are not the club who could keep their best long. If good offers come, I think Griezmann will leave Atletico. But currently I think we should fear Atletico more than Real. We will fight with Atletico for the title. Real just named Zidane as their manager and depends how will he adapt and million other things going against Real. I don't see them as serious contenstents for the title. Atletico on the other hand will be very dangerous.

Home of Barca Fans