Arturo Vidal

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
We have too many wingers as well.

Coutinho, Malcom and Dembele. If Coutinho will be played as a CM/LM in a 4-4-2, that leaves us with only two wingers in Malcom and Dembele. EV won't dare to bench them both. Also should keep in mind that some players will get injured, maybe for large periods. We should do well. Now we will have a very strong bench, the kind that Madrid had once with Isco, James and Morata. I just hope that EV manages it properly.

BBZ8800

Arturo did that in the past though. Didnt Bayern also offload Schweinsteiger at 31 as he was done at the top level?

They did.
But not all players age equally.
If 31 is a dead zone, should we sell Messi this summer?
Why Messi can play and Arturo can't?
Also, Busi, Raki, Suarez will be sold next year.

About a 3 year deal, well we all know that a player like him will be usefull for a 1 or 2.
But since a player won't agree a 2 years deal, we need to offer 3 years.
So, a club thinks:
He will be useful in the first season.
Useful or meh in the 2nd.
And a crap in the 3rd.
We'll sell or offload him after 2 years.

The club doesn't actually expect to have him for 3 years.
They invested in his 1-2 seasons and that's it.

About our lineup, we'll now play 442
Cou Busi Raki Vidal
Arthur and Rafinha entering in the 60th minute
Messi Suarez, Malcom or Dembele entering later

Or 433 at home
Busi Raki Arthur/Vidal/Cou
Dembele/Malcom Luis Messi

Samper won't play at all.
Alena won't play more than 10 matches, as a sub, probably.

Arthur will play 30-40 matches.
Dembele and Malcom 20-40 matches each.

serghei

We're kind of overreacting on this transfer to be honest. It's not that bad unless Valverde makes it bad by how he handles things.

El Flaco

The guy who said Messi fears him just a few months back? Yeah right lmao.

He called him the best in the world few times. But i didn't know he said that. Guess he isn't

From an ESPN article last month about this case.

Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal has said Lionel Messi fears him and his side after their victories over Argentina in the 2015 and 2016 Copa America finals.

Messi is still searching for a major trophy with his country as he prepares for the World Cup -- a tournament for which Chile did not qualify.

- Play ESPN FC Match Predictor

Speaking to Brazilian Youtube channel Pilhado along with Bayern Munich teammate Rafinha, Vidal was asked whether he feared Messi.

He laughed and replied: "Do I fear him or does he fear me? I don't fear him, but you have to ask him if he was left with fear. I've beaten him in all the finals -- and if we were to meet again, we [Chile] would win again.

"I don't fear anything -- on the pitch we are all equal. I defend my jersey and my national team to the death. If I can, I give it all on the pitch."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chile/st...argentinas-copa-defeats-to-chile-arturo-vidal

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're kind of overreacting on this transfer to be honest. It's not that bad unless Valverde makes it bad by how he handles things.

I cannot watch another season of Messi and Suarez walking on top in a 4-4-2 in an important CL tie with Dembele and Malcom rotting on the bench.

It's unacceptable.

I hope he's coming as an option off the bench and not a starter in Valverde's love affair with the 4-4-2 system.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You’re lying if you say he isn’t a great player to have in your SQUAD. It’s up to valverde to properly manage the minutes of all players.

Any team can use an experienced workrhorse that defends well and is a goal threat. Fights hard for the team.

Jakabor

And paying 30m for a bench player who will hardly be used is a good situation?

Honestly no. But I wont call for Valverde's head for this. There are other more valid points of critique. But yeah, price is not ideal.

I don't know. I've always just liked Vidal. Yeah, he can be a bonehead sometimes, but he has proven to be a top class midfielder. He has some fire to go with his skill, which I like a lot.

He knees I feel wont be that much of an issue because the amount of matches he'll play at Barca wont be near what he played at Juve or Bayern.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I cannot watch another season of Messi and Suarez walking on top in a 4-4-2 in an important CL tie with Dembele and Malcom rotting on the bench.

It's unacceptable.

I hope he's coming as an option off the bench and not a starter in Valverde's love affair with the 4-4-2 system.

How does vidal arriving mean a 4-4-2 is certain? He can play in and is better suited to a 4-3-3. Playing a 4-4-2 in the wrong situation or not managing minutes properly is down to valverde. It’s a good transfer.

serghei

It's unacceptable.

No. And I would personally bench every single player that slacks off in CL. Including Messi. I'd bench Messi and play Coutinho as no10 if Messi walks while everyone around him gives 100%. This has nothing to do with Vidal though. Old, and past his prime, but he is a fighter.

At this point, whoever doesn't bring intensity in CL needs subbed or benched.

Home of Barca Fans