Arturo Vidal

Barcilliant

😂 @comparing Paulinho.

The only thing they have in common is a hairstyle and strength.
Vidal is two levels above Paulinho. Has won so many titles for club and country.

malvolio

�� @comparing Paulinho.

The only thing they have in common is a hairstyle and strength.
Vidal is two levels above Paulinho. Has won so many titles for club and country.

they've done exactly the same for barcelona. so don't understand why the comparison wouldn't stand.

we are not comparing their careers. vidal never had a chance to start for us while he was in his prime as we had better midfielders back then. now that we have a shitty midfield people freak out over his performances like he is the second coming of xavi.

serghei

they've done exactly the same for barcelona. so don't understand why the comparison wouldn't stand.

we are not comparing their careers. vidal never had a chance to start for us while he was in his prime as we had better midfielders back then. now that we have a shitty midfield people freak out over his performances like he is the second coming of xavi.

We don't have a shitty midfield. Only things which are shitty at this club is the management (board especially) and the intensity levels in CL. That's the only reason why we are not CL holders and treble winners to date.

malvolio

We don't have a shitty midfield. Only things which are shitty at this club is the management (board especially) and the intensity levels in CL. That's the only reason why we are not CL holders and treble winners to date.

coming from busquets-xavi-iniesta + yaya and keita as rotation/backup? i would say we are pretty far off a good midfield right now.

we have 3 players semi-retired in busquets, vidal and rakitic. and 2 young guns who blow hot and cold all the time in frenkie and arthur.

soul24rage

coming from busquets-xavi-iniesta + yaya and keita as rotation/backup? i would say we are pretty far off a good midfield right now.

we have 3 players semi-retired in busquets, vidal and rakitic. and 2 young guns who blow hot and cold all the time in frenkie and arthur.

If you start comparing any midfield to Busi-Xavi-Iniesta midfield, arguably the best midfield of all time, then you'll be dissapointed everytime.

Zebulun

IMO Vidal is a double edged sword. positionally/ tactically he's terrible. even in the game on saturday, we played more fluidly when he was replaced by rakitic, of all people. :lol:
but he will also provide "aggression" and "goals" from midfield. is the trade off worth it, in some games maybe. but the board/coach do not think like us, they only care for short term success.

devo901

I said it before - I say it again. While Vidal was a nasty roughneck in his career before Barca, they tamed his temperament pretty well (like Suarez) - and all his talents can shine.
He plays with tensity and power good passing great fighter, surprising good technique. Unlike Fakitic or "stick-insect-Busquets" their mantra is "I do not want to get hurt - so I avoid fast movements." Unless Arthur is fully back in form - Vidal is badly needed.

Is he as good as Xavi/Inesta - no, but that would rule out almost ever midfielder today.

KingLeo10

IMO Vidal is a double edged sword. positionally/ tactically he's terrible. even in the game on saturday, we played more fluidly when he was replaced by rakitic, of all people. :lol:
but he will also provide "aggression" and "goals" from midfield. is the trade off worth it, in some games maybe. but the board/coach do not think like us, they only care for short term success.

With Rakitic and current Busquets, you get the perception of fluidity because they play CB like safe passes and barely offer any movement.

If their passing elegance/positioning was contributing to attacking tempo or goal threats, I could understand not wanting a Vidal.

There have been 6 really strong CL sides in the past 10 years, excluding 10-11 Barca which is a one off (14-15 Barca, RM, Bayern, Pool, Juve, AM).

2 of them had MSN, CR7 and 1 of them had a MSN-lite trident (Pool). Not all of them had a stellar defense. Good but not necessarily stellar.

But, all of them had a physical midfield presence (14-15 Raki for us) and for the rest I don't need to name. Also, Vidal played in 2 of these 6 sides.

Those comparing him to a Paulinho are CRIMINALLY underrating his pedigree.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not like this is prime Vidal.

He seemed to work well positionally for Pep. I'd like to see grandpa try an Arthur - de Jong - Vidal midfield.

malvolio

If you start comparing any midfield to Busi-Xavi-Iniesta midfield, arguably the best midfield of all time, then you'll be dissapointed everytime.

so we have three legends who should retire this summer in busquets, rakitic and vidal. a fat arthur who is injured and incosistent. and a frenkie de jong who is barely getting used to playing for barcelona and doesn't look that special up until now.

is not even a case of comparing this lot to what we had in the past. they are shite compared to other CL contenders.

Home of Barca Fans