Arturo Vidal

Arizona Scott

You need players like Vidal, hacking away, shouting just to get the juices flowing.

Yes but if you rewatch our CL against him for instance you will see he should have been tossed. 4 yellow card worthy fouls in the 1st half and he was a lucky boy to not leave Juve with 10 min most of the match, and that was when he was a little younger and sharper.

I am really glad we have Arturo Vidal, but as the 1st sub in the big games at the point where energy and fresh legs is more important than precision and where the hacking is less risky. Assuming Arthur, Rakitic and Busi are rested and fit, that is your starting group and Arturo is 60some minute mark sub.

Vilarrubi

Vidal is what I mean when I talk about workhorses. This guy is essential for rotating midfielders, and starting certain games, especially in CL. If he plays against Liverpool, Barca can match their intensity in midfield and this will allow their superior technical quality to make the difference.

Every successful squad needs a payer like him, he brings energy, defensive skills, experience, leadership and is technically good too.

Agreed. He’s the definition of workhorse.. not just someone who is tall and has slightly above average tackles/interceptions per game.

xXKonan

He's in very good shape especially at this point in the season despite his age and recent Injury history at Bayern.

I get the idea of Bayern wanting to sell him at the time but he without a doubt would have been still very useful for them this season especially in the CL.

serghei

We've extended him right? The potential of a midfield comprised of Busi, Rakitic, Arthur, Frenkie, Vidal and Alena is great. Perfect mix of different styles, with fresh legs and experienced players as well.

God Serena

he's no paulinho. for one he can't score at all. doesn't know where the goal stands

Paulinho himself forgot where the goal was halfway through the season.

Vidal in literally every other aspect of football is an almost infinitely better player.

Havesaks

Paulinho himself forgot where the goal was halfway through the season.

Vidal in literally every other aspect of football is an almost infinitely better player.

Vidal > paulinho in terms of quality. BUt in terms of influence vidal < paulinho. Also, paulinhos quality to create space, move ball forward and messi link-up was better.

MTL_Barca

Paulinho was scoring goals but when it comes to the "thug" qualities he sucked considering his physical strength.

Would anyone really want to sub on Paulinho instead of Vidal to secure a lead or get the upperhand in the defensive midfield duels?

I was very sceptical about this signing but it seems his knee is fine and he is really good for the role we need him. Selling Paulinho for 50M while upgrading the squad with Vidal for 20M was great.

We don't need Paulinho running into the box scoring a goal here and there, we need someone who can win us a big CL fight.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Vidal > paulinho in terms of quality. BUt in terms of influence vidal < paulinho. Also, paulinhos quality to create space, move ball forward and messi link-up was better.

That’s only because Paulinho was given way more minutes than Vidal.. was practically a starter at one point so of course he influenced the team more. In terms of goals I can only remember his winner against Getafe actually being the deciding goal in a game.

I’d still rather have Vidal any day he brings much more to the team and deserves more minutes tbh.

Home of Barca Fans