Arturo Vidal

clemente

I like how he was sprinting towards the balls when there was no chance to get them, and one time he actually did get it due to their stupidity. He was subbed in for 10 min and ran as much as he could, I'm saying this because other players legit can't even give their 100% for those 10 min they are subbed on, but Vidal consistently shows that he cares.

EdmondDantes

I feel Vidal's best games for us so far were as a substitute against tired legs. Especially in counters where he has the ball in front of him and he doesn't have to turn and play intricate football.

Ideally we'd have him as a super-sub but with Rakitic and Busquets' poor form over the past few months he's probably earned a starting spot in our Gala 11.

Leo_Messi

Vidal's surname or at least middle name should be "garra". He is everything that this team needed and I have already praised him numerous times here and talked about his importance but I can't state what a BEAST he used to be in his younger days. Looking at him this season, it makes the fact that we missed out on him when he left Leverkusen, even more of a pity.

Arizona Scott

I feel Vidal's best games for us so far were as a substitute against tired legs. Especially in counters where he has the ball in front of him and he doesn't have to turn and play intricate football.

Ideally we'd have him as a super-sub but with Rakitic and Busquets' poor form over the past few months he's probably earned a starting spot in our Gala 11.

No I don't think he starts the big games. His technique is not at the level of the other 3, and he is more likely to be rash and potentially get us a man down. But when someone is off their game or getting worn, get that man in for some life. Should be in by the 70 minute mark every big game, if not sooner.

Watching him is so inspirational. What a machine.

He has multiple good qualities, but no doubt his best one is his infectious will to go all out for his team.

EdmondDantes

His lack of ability to do anything besides 5 yards passes backwards when on the ball is killing us.

I couldn't agree more. It's infuriating to watch - nearly every game he has started so far he has looked technically inept and a headless chicken.

I wanted him to start because Rakitic has been so dire all season but there's no denying Vidal is the worst midfielder we have on the ball.

Cool

He needs to accept that his best years are behind him and should sit on the bench infavor of a midfielder in Arthur whos more suited to our style and can actually play the ball when pressed.

EdmondDantes

I think his best role is as a super sub.

That's what the Cadena Ser pundits said on the radio this week. They said they would much rather see Vidal finishing games than starting them as he's too inept on the ball.

For what he offers, he's much better off the bench.

YodaMaster

Horrible match. This guy needs to stay away from starting 11, at Camp Nou at least. I even prefer Rakitic right now.
Arthur and Busquets as certain starters with Rakitic and Alena fighting for that 3rd spot. Vidal should only be used as the midfield joker/booster for last 30 minutes. He’s far from Barca level in possession. Still could be useful in certain situations.

Home of Barca Fans