Arthur

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sensational tonight, only thing missing was a goal really - he had a couple of mistakes but otherwise really was a protagonist in the match. He's getting better which is great for all of us

Senador Romario

I wonder how known he is to the world outside Barcelona and Spain.

It might take a few years before he'll be considered one of the best midfielders in the world even if he'll reach that point much earlier.
That RedCafe is the biggest football fans site. If you go there and search for his thread they love the player. Fans from all around the world are there. Also since he is good to watch they dont care about things he needs to improve, they only see the good aspects as neutrals.

EdmondDantes

l3jyuBz.png

Arthur, lad! Can you beat 10 players with a single pass and put it on a place for your fellow midfielder?

-
Yep.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is getting more and more ridiculous with each passing game. Showcases insane vision now. I had my doubts in the beginning of the season but at this point it is obvious that this guy is a generational talent, and I'm not exaggerating.

FinBarcelonafan

He is getting more and more ridiculous with each passing game. Showcases insane vision now. I had my doubts in the beginning of the season but at this point it is obvious that this guy is a generational talent, and I'm not exaggerating.

Absolutely. We have a diamond in our hands. This guy will be world class.

EdmondDantes

[tw]1090748641915166729[/tw]

Arthur stats vs Sevilla:

1 assist
66 passes
90% pass accuracy
2 key passes
2/2 dribbles won
2/2 accurate long balls
6/8 duels won
2 tackles won
1 interception

Gem.

SofaScore rated him a 7.8 tonight.

xXKonan

Not only does he has the talent but he has that ice cold mentality to succeed even if he makes some mistakes. He doesn't let that stuff bog him down either.

All at the age of 22 years old in his first season in Europe for a Massive Club like Barcelona which can be known for a graveyard for players who show any ounce of fear after their mistakes.

Givenchy

this guy is seriously special. i know we have a tendency (like all clubs fans) to overrate our players but if anything Arthur is hella underrated in the football world. amazing we got him for cheap aswell. I think in a year or 2 and maybe some big performances in the CL he'll cement himself as the best midfielder in the world.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
This just shows how underrated and underhyped he was when he was in Brazil. At 21 years of age he led his team to the Libertadores (CL equivalent) as the best player in the country and MOTM in the final. He was one of the first and only players in Brazil to play with the influence and Xavi-esque style that he does.

And also the ONLY player in the Brazilian league at the time that ever got attention from the NT. He literally did/achieved everything he could do when he was there. And somehow we were the only big club in for him. Amazing work from whoever scouted him, which I believe may have been Robert.

Only problem is how much of a pain in the ass he's gonna be for Messi in the Copa America :D

It also shows how a midfield player like him can be so much better when surrounded by higher quality players. Hopefully the same thing will happen to de Jong

YodaMaster

Unpopular opinion: I found his last week performance against Sevilla in the first leg more impressive.

I'll explain why. Tonight, whole Barca team performed great. Arthur still managed to shine with that wonderful assist but... In the first leg, the team sucked and Arthur was the only Barca player performing great. Basically being the leader despite his 2 fellow midfielders being european veterans (Rakitic and Vidal).

I think that's what separate a good player (Rakitic) from a great player (Xavi).
A good player will be good when the team is in a good day but will be bad when team struggles.
A great player will be great when the team is in a good day and will stil be great when the team struggles by leading by example.

Arthur made me believe he's a great player during that first leg. Champions rise in adversity and Arthur did just that.

Tonight's game just showed what we already knew: he's a great talent and already an undisputed starter. Nothing new.

Leo_Messi

Once again proving the doubters wrong. People who can't see that Arthur is crucial for our midfield control and fluidity are either blind or watching another sport altogether. He is a marvel to watch and only the sky is the limit. I think that we might have struck not only gold but diamonds as well. That is how good Arthur already is and he will only get better.

No doubt in my mind that he will be crucial in the CL.

aceshigh

That RedCafe is the biggest football fans site. If you go there and search for his thread they love the player. Fans from all around the world are there. Also since he is good to watch they dont care about things he needs to improve, they only see the good aspects as neutrals.

well, I kinda gave up on reading those posts at RedCafe after in the first page, they were arguing about Arthur being an uncommon name for a brazilian...

when f*cking Zico's real name was Arthur Antunes Coimbra (Arthur - Arthurzico - Zico)

not only that, but the first BIG STAR of brazilian football was Arthur Friedenreich, in the 20s and 30s.

RedStone said:
What is up with these Brazilian names these days? Oscar, Bernard, Fred and Arthur, ffs.

Remember the days when they were called Rivelino, Garrincha, Jairzinho and Clodoaldo? Those were World Cup winning names. No wonder their national team can't win trophies any more.

except that Rivelino's first name is Roberto, Garrincha's real name was Manuel Francisco dos Santos, Jairzinho obviously was Jair and Clodoaldo was considered an ugly name since forever.

and Fred is short for Frederico.

And we still have players with very weird nicknames in Brazil... like Yago Pikachu...

Home of Barca Fans