Arthur

FinBarcelonafan

IMO our midfield needs atleast one very good passer, someone who breaks lines for fun, through balls, long balls in behind, diagonals etc etc. Doesn't have to be the attacking midfielder, can come from deeper aswell.

The players out there right now who can do this on a regular basis probably are Kroos, Verratti, Pogba, Thiago and to some extend De Bruyne.
Quite funny it is the same names that were brought up in 2014-2016 when we were looking to replace Xavi.

This shows just how rare that kind of profile is and how long for these kind of players to emerge. Cant think of a single young midfielder who will turn into that type of CM.

It hurts even more because we lost Thiago. Messed up that one.

wisconsincule

I just saw that we now get to report a net profit of 10million for this season.

Only to buy Pjanic for 60-70 million for next season?? Pretty shameful.

Nothing like another shady terrible deal.

Andrew M

I just saw that we now get to report a net profit of 10million for this season.

Only to buy Pjanic for 60-70 million for next season?? Pretty shameful.

Nothing like another shady terrible deal.

I wouldn't say it's shady. Everyone and their dog knows what we're doing here

BBZ8800

It hurts even more because we lost Thiago. Messed up that one.

Bayern wanted to sell Thiago a few years ago because he wasn't influental enough in the final 3rd for their standards.

Maybe we have low standards or we are obssessed with wrong skills if Arthur and Thiago are considered as awesome by our fanbase.

Our fans forgot players like Deco.
He was a playmaker and not these new gen press resistance & recycle possession merchants.

Andrew M

Bayern wanted to sell Thiago a few years ago because he wasn't influental enough in the final 3rd for their standards.

Maybe we have low standards or we are obssessed with wrong skills if Arthur and Thiago are considered as awesome by our fanbase.

He was a playmaker and not these new gen press resistance & recycle possession merchants.

Honestly a player like Deco would be a massive upgrade right now

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Can I see a source for that please?

1. That Bayern actually wanted to sell him
2. That they wanted to sell him for those reasons

I'll be waiting.

Thiago is arguably a top 5 midfielder in the World. You don't even watch him play, or even followed him for years yet you feel confident as always to voice your "expert" opinion as absolute facts.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Bayern fans think Thiago is their best midfielder though?

Home of Barca Fans