Arthur

serghei

Best case scenario right now is both raki and Arthur getting consistent starts so they both stay motivated and fresh.
Let's hope raki doesn't start away from camp nou against a pressing team though. Or is that debatable? Is anyone opposed to this?

I agree. Neither has been consistent enough to lock a starting position like De Jong did. Busi's place should also get questioned.

KingLeo10

This whole situation with Rakitic started from the fact that idiot Valverde didn't penalize him at all for prolonged periods of bad form. He was nowhere near as good or as influential as the likes of Messi or even Suarez, yet he was made to feel he belongs in the same circle of prized veterans by the manager.

I agree with this one, 100%.

One has to bear in mind EV is used to dealing with the likes of Inaki Williams or Aduriz.

Rakitic would feel like a Rijkaard or Matthaus coming from those.

xXKonan

Valverde is a guy who can't fix issues so he reverts back to the old guard in order to fix his problems.

You have to flat out force change onto him and the only way to fix that is getting rid of the likes of Rakitic or nothing will change.

BBZ8800

And if that's the case why not give those minutes to the young players ?

Because Rakitic is good for 90% of matches and bad against Liverpool.

For youngsters, you don't know how will they play against Liverpool.
And even worse, they were quite meh against bad and average teams.

The same as Suarez vs Griezmann debate.
Suarez is not perfect, yet other options are way worse.

khaled_a_d

CR7 going raw dog down the poop shoot. Ronaldinho sleeping with Rijkaards daughter. Gabigol scoring with Neymars sister. JDS* caught on CCTV in an orgy of Mexican hookers. Leicester City being inspired to win the Premier League after having their a*sholes cleaned in Thailand. Banega caught pleasuring himself in cams*x.

Arthur just joined an elite group of footballers that just being part of, will no doubt take him to the next level as a footballer. Next time Arthur plays he should be clapped nonstop for 5 minutes for breaking into eliteness.

*Except JDS, for every valid theory there is one anomaly.

Ronaldinho peak ended when he was 26, CR7 became serious about his dating life around a year and half older than Arthur, before that he was still a workaholic who won't let anything distract him from football, Gabigol failed badly in Europe, JDS failed, Banega is a wasted potential who has never been successful in a club bigger than Seville.

Footballers are asked to not have sex with certain times for certain durations and even certain positions. This has been documented for the past 2 decades. Conte spoke publicly about the details of it. Other players also confirmed that coaches like Pep speak about it.

Inter Milan manager Antonio Conte has said he advises his players on how to have sex during the season.

Talking to L'Equipe (h/t Metro), the Italian explained his advice is aimed at preventing his players expending too much energy before a match:

"During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action."

Sex life affect can affect on pitch performance, for obvious reasons clubs can't do anything more than advising and giving guidelines but players have to control themselves.
Arthur can go and fuck whoever he wants as long as it doesn't affect him on the pitch, right now it look like it does. He will need to learn from it.

I'm curious where this rumor even originated from.

La Sotana has a reputation of being a humor program than actual reporting the news kinda program. Their post-match ratings are pretty savage at times as well.

The rumor has gained a widespread on the web right now, if it is false I think the club should respond and protect the player. If it is true then silence is the right decision.

Jadentheman

Yes but the whole sex before game day thing has been debunked ages ago. It’s more silly then anything. The Only issue would be lack of sleep from a late night before a match.

devo901

I have no details about this ... but I find it interesting what research has been found ....

funny detail though: in an interview bob beamen who jumped 8.90 which was 55cm more than the last record was drinking and partying the day he had this record... some say because of that ... others might argue he would have jumped even further... who knows

east german swimmer female reported that they had regular (compulsary) sex before a trournament - always with the trainer staff! :rolleyes:

it is hard to come up with rules, with this kind of anectotal data available... ;)

Jadentheman

Anyways it’s highly probable that Arthur didn’t have relations a day before the game. Gonerrhea shows up with symptoms up to a week after relations. And it can still be transmitted even if he had protection or screened his partner ahead of time.

Tackle

This bloke is sitting out of matches with a fecking STD and we've still got the usual lot moaning about Valverde.

:lol:

Wonder why Arthur keeps getting dropped, struggles with fitness constantly and has such spotty form? This incident is most likely one of many other personal and professionalism issues that Arthur has dealt with and will continue dealing with unless he makes some changes.

He isn't nearly as good as Neymar for us to continually cover up and tolerate his rubbish. Valverde has every right to be upset and ask for him to work his way up again.

KingLeo10

At this point, it wouldn't shock me if it was something more severe than a run of the mill STD.

It's been like 5-6 games.

i_bleed_blaugrana

This bloke is sitting out of matches with a fecking STD and we've still got the usual lot moaning about Valverde.

Wonder why Arthur keeps getting dropped, struggles with fitness constantly and has such spotty form? This incident is most likely one of many other personal and professionalism issues that Arthur has dealt with and will continue dealing with unless he makes some changes.

He isn't nearly as good as Neymar for us to continually cover up and tolerate his rubbish. Valverde has every right to be upset and ask for him to work his way up again.

You can try an invent whatever false narrative you want so you can defend your butt-buddy Ernesto, but just stop with this. Arthur has clearly been our best midfielder this season along with FdJ. When he is through his antibiotics, he should immediately return to the starting 11, no questions asked.

I really don't like the pedestal footballers are on these days, these guys are humans just like us. Its a silly assumption to think you only get STI's from hookers, that's wildly false and presumptuous. Shit happens and I highly doubt a lot of players and people knew that the antibiotics that you'd take to kill the infection would show up as a false positive for anti-doping testing so why are we holding this against him? He is an adult and shit this private shouldn't be out in the open. It sucks that he has to miss el clasico because of it but players get sick and catch fevers before games that rule them out all the time. Are we going to chastise them for "not taking care of their bodies because if they took care of their bodies, they wouldn't get sick..."? Its some shitty luck for him and I see this as no indication whatsoever of a lack of professionalism from him and I really don't get why this is a "scandal" right now.

Like, seriously what other massive transgression has Arthur committed outside of Neymar's party last year? I wasn't crazy about it either but I highly doubt he parties it up like Neymar and Ronaldinho used to do. So what other "rubbish" do we have to tolerate with him currently, I am genuinely curious.

Y'all need to get a grip. Unless players are showing up late to training or look tired because they were up too late fooling around with homegirl, let them fuck when they wanna fuck. Conte and Pep trying to control everything down to when they can allow their cocks to get hard is too much for me.

Horatio

You're welcome

“Arthur never struggled with his fitness. It’s a lie. Always remember.”
[Source: Barcaforum]

i_bleed_blaugrana

At this point, it wouldn't shock me if it was something more severe than a run of the mill STD.

It's been like 5-6 games.

That's because it takes a while for the antibiotics to get out of your system. Its not like the STI is preventing him from playing or training, its purely because of the threat of providing a false positive for anti-doping testing. Otherwise, this wouldn't even been news and really, UEFA/FIFA need to update their testing measures to ensure things like legitimate antibiotics aren't causing false positives.

Home of Barca Fans