Arthur

Messigician

142 - Arthur Melo attempted 142 passes against Valencia, the most by a player in a La Liga away game since Xavi Hernandez vs Levante in November 2012 (148). Reference.[OptaJosé]

omidferoz

We found a legends duplicate. holy crap he reminds me so much of him, the way he spins around, passes and is almost impossible to take the ball from. This is just the brazilian version of him. You know who i mean.

Donatello

Again...im not bashing Dembele .. 2 games is what he needed to show quality and potency in the so hard to adhere to, barcas midfield.. he didnt need 2 years and 60 games to make proper positive impact.. also sat on the bench without a fuss all this time. im glad he imposed himself on such a mediocre manager. and im positive maclom would prove more valuable then dembele and arthur and the rest of the useless lot if given a go.

What if a club's play style suits more to a player than other?

You can't use that as an argument. Even at Gremio Arthur played like a Barca MF should play, while Dembele is more suited for a fast paced team, quick on counters and could make use of crosses.

One has to make more adaptation to his game than the other.

Arnaez

overrated, can't pass between the lines, doesn't position himself so great for the man on the ball, ball is definitely not stuck to his foot like Xavi despite what people say. just a decent player...

Last edited:

Nothanks

I like that he is a more specialized player rather than and flat out 6 in all the boxes to tick like rakitic

he does his job very well which is to slow the play down, control and withstand the pressure, but the team overall needs more movement up front which is why i think it's important to have atleast one pacey runner and not a frontline of messi suarez and coutinho.

would like to see him replace rakitic more than coutinho to be honest.

wisconsincule

I like what I see but feel like he’d be better on the right side. I’d be interested to see him with busi in a 4-2-3-1 with cou on the left and Dembele on the right.

Yannik

Idk if this is just his job, but judging from just this video I feel like he could add some pace and verticality into his game, no? In those clips his sole job seems to be distributing the ball from the center to the wing and then back to the center again. Basically everything via shortpass, no long ball and also no surprise pass or dribbling to actually win space. I believe he was considered to be a creative player, but here he basically just leaves the creativity to the others and only acts like a water carrier. What stands out to me here is how he would have the ball and then the rest of the team becomes static, everyone either stands still or walks and there's just no pace in the game. I guess it's good for stability in midfield, but I just believe he could make more use of his abilities.

This is of course mainly based on this game, I haven't been able to see him on a weekly base yet so maybe it was just different today.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
It's true, he doesn't take enough risks yet. But you can tell his growing comfortness in La Liga with the addition of spins and dribbles past players. Expect he will deliver more with time.

abiabi

Its tough to take risks when the manager has already put him in the dog house for weeks. He probably just fears going back there again

xXKonan

Its tough to take risks when the manager has already put him in the dog house for weeks. He probably just fears going back there again
The funny thing is he's likely being instructed to an extent to control the tempo/flow of possession and keep the ball to help minimize the errors that may exploit our weak defense.

He did that last season with both Rakitic and Busi. When you read his interview from last season and how he values keeping possession and implemented that in the 4-4-2 with Busi and Rakitic and Iniesta as well. What Arthur is doing right now is pretty much what Valverde wanted all along having a Midfield that can effectively control the game while the front three and the Fullbacks do the creating.

But that can backfire if the front three and Alba aren't clicking. However, if Arthur keeps being a starter he will evolve a bit and open up more and we will get more from him and the Midfield eventually.

Home of Barca Fans