Arsenal

Robbie

Ketoth is one of those fans that thinks everything is perfect after a couple of wins. Looking at the whole season unfolding, with 3 days to make major signings and only Sanogo to show for it, we're in for a hell of a season. The fan in this video explains it better than I could

DB10

Can't see any major signings happening now tbh. Chelsea would never sell us Mata and the Real targets (if they ever were) all want to stay.

Ketoth

We have money but there are no players. Not the players we need, not top quality players, and at a reasonable price. The market is bare.

Irish_Cules

We have money but there are no players. Not the players we need, not top quality players, and at a reasonable price. The market is bare.

True. It has been a summer of relatively slim pickings. However, there were top quality players available but Arsenal didn't act fast enough or with enough purpose.

Ketoth

True. It has been a summer of relatively slim pickings. However, there were top quality players available but Arsenal didn't act fast enough or with enough purpose.

Who? Higuain and Soldado are not the world class strikers we're looking for.
It speaks volumes that we were after Suarez for so long. Probably the only world class striker on the market. He has a very bad reputation, he's received loads of bans, including being suspended for the first 6 matches of the season, and yet Liverpool wanted £60m from us to purchase him.

Der Kaiser

There were plenty of good quality buys this summer, Arsenal just missed every one or were too hesitant. Mertens for 10m, Gustavo for 20m, Soldado for 25m... just to name a few.

Der Kaiser

Who? Higuain and Soldado are not the world class strikers we're looking for.
It speaks volumes that we were after Suarez for so long. Probably the only world class striker on the market. He has a very bad reputation, he's received loads of bans, including being suspended for the first 6 matches of the season, and yet Liverpool wanted £60m from us to purchase him.

which world class striker wants to join arsenal? no offense but right now soldado and higuain are exactly the quality arsenal needs.

Ketoth

We need a world class striker. Very few players fall into that bracket. I'd say Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Van Persie, Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, Falcao and Aguero are the only world class strikers out there. There's not enough players, it's that simple.

JamDav1982

We need a world class striker. Very few players fall into that bracket. I'd say Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Van Persie, Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, Falcao and Aguero are the only world class strikers out there. There's not enough players, it's that simple.

If there is not a world class striker do you just give up or still try and improve the team anyway?

Ketoth

If there is not a world class striker do you just give up or still try and improve the team anyway?

If we have a £70m kitty why spend £30m on a 2nd rate striker this year? I'd say wait another year, maybe there will be a world class striker we can buy for £60m.

Giroud is as good as the likes of Higuain/Benzema/Soldado in my opinion.

JamDav1982

If we have a £70m kitty why spend £30m on a 2nd rate striker this year? I'd say wait another year, maybe there will be a world class striker we can buy for £60m.

Giroud is as good as the likes of Higuain/Benzema/Soldado in my opinion.

Giroud is nowhere near as good as those three!

World class strikers wont want to join Arsenal if they have any alternative.

Those 'second rate' strikers could be the difference of a CL place.

Ketoth

Giroud is nowhere near as good as those three!

World class strikers wont want to join Arsenal if they have any alternative.

Those 'second rate' strikers could be the difference of a CL place.

How come Benzema played 85 minutes in Spain vs France last year and failed? Giroud came on with 5 minutes left and equalised!
oh, we will make the CL, for sure. We will have a lot more results like Aston Villa and some bad runs but I'm confident we'll make top 4.
We should wait for there to be more world class strikers on the market.

Home of Barca Fans