Arjen Robben

L

linetty

Of course it's not a penalty for you, you're both from The Netherlands...

NotInHere

Why do people hate Holanda so much:lol:

His flopping doesn't really scare me away from appreciating his ease to get past players. Him and Messi are the bar none the players who get past players with such ease.

His 30 years old and still taking other players by speed... amazing

Gilberto

Why do people hate Holanda so much:lol:

His flopping doesn't really scare me away from appreciating his ease to get past players. Him and Messi are the bar none the players who get past players with such ease.

His 30 years old and still taking other players by speed... amazing

People often hate the best teams :pep:

Nah, just kidding. I guess people don't like us this year because of our defensive play style. we are the world cup's equivalent of chelsea :)

I

instinct

BrYwUKsCUAApDYb.jpg

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
We're not a dirty team or anything like that. Robben is not more of a diver than Neymar or Alexis. We play defensively from the start, but we're able to switch things around. Even in 2010 we weren't dirty in all matches. The final was the only exception. Blind is no Van Bommel, and De Jong is not particularly dirty imo. He hasn't even been booked in this WC. Teams like Honduras, Uruguay and Brazil are much dirtier. I don't understand the hate either.

NotInHere

People often hate the best teams :pep:

Nah, just kidding. I guess people don't like us this year because of our defensive play style. we are the world cup's equivalent of chelsea :)
I see your style as a more joyful version of Chelsea though, I'm always hoping Robben receives one of your long balls and intercepts it well enough to do what he does best, leave players behind

and when he does it, its an amazing feat to watch. People just love to complain about things, let them.

Gilberto

I see your style as a more joyful version of Chelsea though, I'm always hoping Robben receives one of your long balls and intercepts it well enough to do what he does best, leave players behind

and when he does it, its an amazing feat to watch. People just love to complain about things, let them.

Ah, nice to finally hear someone that actually does appreciate our system :)
I have to agree that this style is not 'Dutch' at all, it is not in accordance to what the Dutch style stands for, but some of our counter attacks are definitely cool to watch.
Robben is in great shape at the moment. I even dare to say that he is better than ever before.

It sucks that Strootman couldn't make it to the world cup and that Nigel de Jong is now injured as well, but we will most likely make it to the semis so everything is still possible.

Bertus

Dunno in spain but tbh, here I'm not sure it would be considered a penalty.

Plenty of that in the french league.

I'm not defending them for the sake of defending, but here as long as the player lower his head like that, I'm not sure at all most referees would give a penalty.

footyfan

Calma, calma
100% penalty, Robben milked it but he only made sure the ref saw Marquez's error. And of course, stone wall penalty not given to him in first half.

Dangerous play. Probably a penalty in Bundesliga.

Yeah I think this is up to the individual ref, I reckon most wouldn't give it though.

Robben's dribbling this World Cup has been a joy to watch.

Alarcón

That's not a penalty. If called for a foul the referees give an indirect fk inside the box. Never a penalty.

An indirect free kick is given for dangerous play which means your leg is too high but you don't actually touch the opponent. Here the Dutch kicked his head. What is a penalty if not this?

Home of Barca Fans