Argentina

Chainsaw

Killahead
Icardi could be vital for Argentina. With Aguero out and Higuain struggling we only have Palacio and Lavezzi to rely on as alternatives and none are proper #9.

zanela

No to D*cardi. ARG's not a place for loverboys. A limited player to boot. He'll mess up more attacks than fat Gonzo. No thanks.

Sebastián Driussi, Facundo Ferreyra, Rogelio Mori. Hope one of them can step up in the future.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Icardi was in good form. I don't give a toss about his private life, which you obviously do. He should have been chosen as the alternative for Higuain. I hope he gets more chances after the WC. Players should not be ignored for some lame ass nonfootballing reasons.

Muttu

I would like to see this lineup against Switzerland:

--------------------Romero-----------------
-Zabaleta---Fernández--Garay---------Rojo-
---------------Pérez--Mascherano----------
-Di María-----------Messi-----------Lavezzi-
-----------------Higuaín------------------

Gago hasn't really impressed me, he looks uncomfortable with the ball and offers no creativity at all (Except that one great pass to Higuaín, against Bosnia I think). And he doesn't give that much defensive protection, one could expect. I feel like Enzo Pérez would be a better fit.
Di María and Lavezzi helping out their fullbacks dealing with Shaqiri and their two offensive fullbacks Lichtsteiner and Rodriguez.
The Swiss defense has looked shaky, I hope they can exploit that. Higuaín really needs to step up!

zanela

Icardi was in good form. I don't give a toss about his private life, which you obviously do. He should have been chosen as the alternative for Higuain. I hope he gets more chances after the WC. Players should not be ignored for some lame ass nonfootballing reasons.

The problem with D*cardi is that his priorities are all messed up. He will attract needless media attention, that the NT can do without. The dressing room don't need his shenanigans. Besides, he hadn't played a min without the first team pre- W.cup. Without no chemistry, or understanding(your argument to keep Willy out) he'll bring nothing. And he's not even that good. I bet if he didn't play for your beloved Inter, you'd not be bringing up his case.

B

beautifulgame

No to D*cardi. ARG's not a place for loverboys. A limited player to boot. He'll mess up more attacks than fat Gonzo. No thanks.

Sebastián Driussi, Facundo Ferreyra, Rogelio Mori. Hope one of them can step up in the future.

This

Chainsaw

Killahead
The problem with D*cardi is that his priorities are all messed up. He will attract needless media attention, that the NT can do without. The dressing room don't need his shenanigans. Besides, he hadn't played a min without the first team pre- W.cup. Without no chemistry, or understanding(your argument to keep Willy out) he'll bring nothing. And he's not even that good. I bet if he didn't play for your beloved Inter, you'd not be bringing up his case.

The fact that he plays for my beloved Inter does actually make me watching him every week so I know he is more talented than all the names you mentioned above. His finishing is nearly flawless and he's a much better header than all the Argentina's forwards combined. Icardi is no big name to interest media much to the point that cause havoc in the dressing room. He should play for Argentina and neither his tattoos nor his love affairs should have anything to do with his exclusion.

zanela

Finishing = nearly flawless. No Inter bias there. :rolleyes: And he doesn't have to be a big name to interest media. He's already in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Mika94

I honestly thought Argentina played better with Lavezzi instead of Aguëro. :(
He's a great player, but from what I've seen this year (which isn't too much) he didn't really step up; besides he always gets injured, which is plainly sad.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Imo his performances are normal regarding his injuries. Kun needs a rest so he can start the new season healthy.
Maybe Sabella plays another midfielder and it benefits Argentina... who am I kidding, Lavezzi is going to play.

Home of Barca Fans