Argentina

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Draw for Colombia and a loss for Chile. This is all in Argentina's hands now. Should be able to qualify easily now without a play-off.

Peru winning and now Argentina out of qualifying place as things stand.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Another late night with Di Maria. :facepalm:
Work in 6 hours but I rather stay up tearing my hair out watching that donkey. What I don't do to watch Leo...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, but a win against Venezuela later tonight will take them to 2nd or 3rd depending on Uruguay's result against Paraguay, no?

It will, but with Argentina lately with that donkey Di Maria, I'd only be cautiously optimistic.

JamDav1982

Only Venezuala but Argentina have a plan and an identity to their play gradually coming through.

Have a chance at WC if can keep building on it.

SG-7

Why would you take icardi off and put pastore on??? Dude was absolute shit when he came on, so many missed passes.
And Messi and dybala had good link up play and he takes dybala off as well? Man thats frustrating to watch! :(

Altomonte

I agree - big mistake to sub off Dybala. Why? Did he have a plane to catch? Substitutions ruined the Argentina play which looked very promising the first half, in particular before Di Maria's injury. Amazing performance by Venezuela's young GK. Chilean referee did not help ARG.

Hektor

And then gets injured. Typical.

That is the main reason I did not want Di Maria with Barça. His muscle problem is chronic. I have no idea when he got hurt, but he did, again, and he was having a good game. One thing was Argentina with Di Maria and another without him. We did not win the World Cup because Di Maria got hurt in the semi-final game and could not play in the final: You live by the sword; you die...

Morten

Argentina is such an absurd team, they have some of the best attacking talent on the planet but they turn into scrubs when playing for the NT.

Home of Barca Fans