Argentina primera division

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

Horrible loss but still in second place.

Even with the Bosteros dominating one of the weakest apertura in league history (it's really been a mess, poor San Lorenzo especially) River is still getting better TV ratings and attendance than any Primera club.

H725

Horrible loss but still in second place.

Even with the Bosteros dominating one of the weakest apertura in league history (it's really been a mess, poor San Lorenzo especially) River is still getting better TV ratings and attendance than any Primera club.

That's all fantasy in the air.... if La Primera is really that shit (only ur team is missing) why RiBer is still struggling at not winning La B after 17 games with Cavenaghi and the new Lamela boys??
My friend of La 12 would laugh at hearing that RiBer is having bigger attendances than any Primera club,of course in Patagonia is really followed (in la B is an event seeing River) but it seems to hear the propaganda of Uncle Fester Galliani of Argentina :lol:

Are u argentinian Nolan?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm not. I was in Argentina when River was relegated though (or rather, at the border right after it happened)

Well in total attendance you can't say River is breaking records due to the nature of Primera B teams, but they are selling out, which can't be said about Boca this year. Part of it is the novelty factor, but also River fans travelling because of the stadium ban and fans throughout the country supporting the team through this. It's hardly just Patagonia (there's only one Patagonian side in the B anyway) - in Mendoza, when River played Independiente Rivadavia, they held it in Godoy Cruz's stadium so they could sell more tickets.

I have to credit Boca unfortunately, they did dominate this apertura - it was a very workmanlike team, but it constantly got results. River could have used a team like that last year. But the Primera has definitely seen better days. Right now 7 of the top 20 clubs on the all time table are in the Primera B, not just River but also Rosario Central, Huracan, Gimnasia La Plata...and in the Primera, San Lorenzo is in the middle of a massive crisis and is risking relegation too, and other clubs like Banfield and Velez were plundered to become shells of themselves. But still, Boca only allowed 4 goals - that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Sergio

Sergison
Well it suggests the Argentine government believe the English watch the Primera Division and would be wound up, so they clearly don't know their enemy very well.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
418439_2805573541394_1320303462_2158467_1551994008_n.jpg

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Verón just played his last competitive match at home as a professional footballer. Estudiantes beats Olimpio 1-0, Verón subbed off in the 89th minute for a standing ovation.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
With Boca's meltdown the title race got interesting. One round to go. Tigre and Arsenal tied with 35 points, Boca now behind with 33. I think Arsenal got the tie break. Of course I'm hoping for a Tigre win by default!

Also, San Lorenzo is very close to auto-relegation. More hilarious than that is that Tigre next week could be champions and also have to play a relegation playoff.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans