Arda Turan

Neymessi

Its high time for there to be a poll about this.

Anyway yeah it was unnecessarry but even unnecessary fouls happen a lot. Yeah lucho may have told him to not foul but it were dying minutes and real were on full attacking mode and he may have thought to tackle there,who knows. Its different actually playing there in the field and deciding if he should have lunged into the tackle sitting from home. But you can't make him the scapegoat when ramos and 2 other RM players were absolutely free to hit the ball there and defenders did nothing. Those fouls happen all the time and they are worth scapegoating only when they lead to a penalty. This foul hapenned quite far and the defence didn't have a tough job there. Very few free kicks and corners convert into a goal but what the defenders did was equally worse if not not more. It wasn't even a case of aerial superiority shown by ramos there, he and 2 others were absolutely free there to score as if the defenders left marking them thinking it was offside. And now ramos is having the time of his life by being considered as one of the best last minute scorering wonders when our defence did absolutely nothing to stop him.

Yeah the foul was reckless and unnecessarry but the defence,minus MATS deserved equal or if you ask me,even more blame than turan.

Ahmedd

Neymar's miss and Arda's foul fucked us equally. If one of them didn't fuck up we would have won, regardless of what the other did.

The Arda blunder was a freak incident. Forwards miss clear chances nearly every game.

It's not every day you'll see a substitute brought in specifically to defend and not foul, foul and then not defend.

Keki

Yes, he did.

Anyone who really wants to try and deflect the blame onto MSN for missing chances has got to be incredibly deluded or just blinded by fanboyism to recognize just how awful a decision Arda's foul was.

That wasn't the only foul of the game, nor was it Arda's only foul. It was just the most stupid.

Yeah! It's not Arda's fault for giving away a stupid foul, it's the defense's fault for not covering for him!

Another fanboy trying to somehow blame Mats. If your grammar wasn't so atrocious I'd swear you were [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]'s alt account.

He basically did give away a penalty.

if the game was 2 or 3 /0 whole conversation would of been insignificant if MSN did the job.

i'm not sure what's your game is but you love knocking Arda , couple hat tricks started to make you uncomfortable.

Grammar, schools out for Christmas my little friend ( what a prat ).

if you can't tell the difference between penalty spot to where foul was committed you must of been watching another game .

Ahmedd

The Arda blunder was a freak incident. Forwards miss clear chances nearly every game.

It's not every day you'll see a substitute brought in specifically to defend and not foul, foul and then not defend.

In the Euro final if Gignac didn't hit the post it would have been a different story, therefore his miss is equally as bad as Koscielny and Lloris's mistakes. Neymar was 2 meters away and alone in front of the goal, he should have scored that. Yes indeed you can miss chances, but not when you are that close to the goal unless you want to be part of some "Epic fail videos". I blame Arda equally because, in fact, you have to be really dumb to foul when you are told not to 5 min ago.

Potroh

i'm not sure what's your game is but you love knocking Arda, couple hat tricks started to make you uncomfortable.
if you can't tell the difference between penalty spot to where foul was committed you must of been watching another game .

If you "can't tell the difference" between scoring a hat-trick against a 3rd division team or Real Madrid, than you are definitely "must of been" watching another game Mr.Bean...

In the Euro final if Gignac didn't hit the post it would have been a different story, therefore his miss is equally as bad as Koscielny and Lloris's mistakes. Neymar was 2 meters away and alone in front of the goal, he should have scored that. Yes indeed you can miss chances, but not when you are that close to the goal unless you want to be part of some "Epic fail videos". I blame Arda equally because, in fact, you have to be really dumb to foul when you are told not to 5 min ago.

I haven't rewatched that painful game but Gignac's chance was not the kind that strikers put away 9 times out of 10, or was it ?

Yes, Neymar really should have scored that, it was a bad miss, but forwards have bad misses much more often than what happened with Arda. Also, and actually important, Neymar was at full speed after beating his man alone. Kind of hard to slay a player after he created the chance by himself.

Arda not only did the exact opposite that was demanded of him after 5 minutes of play, but he didn't even bother to defend the fk (walking back towards our goal) which there is simply no excuse for.

Anyway, i wasn't replying to your post per se (i think you know that) and we're not really disagreeing on much at all. :cheers:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he doesn't want to go, we can receive even a 60m offer. It won't make any difference. The man has contract with us, and as a serious club we need to respect that and not force him to move if he doesn't want to.

If we receive a 50m offer, we tell Arda we're prepared to let him go. Then it is his decision. I wager he'll take the offer. Will give him financial security for the life after football too in his last years.

Solved.

Alexis rejected a big offer from Man City to join Barca. That's a guy who turned back when he got to know he was going to board a plane to Manchester.

And I bet if it had been upto him, he would have stayed at Barcelona too. Why would a big Barca fan want to leave, especially for an Arsenal that showed a lack of ambition for so many years? Nope. He was sold so we could sign Suarez.

Sure it's different. Arsenal v China. But Arda will be 30 soon too.

If the club tells Arda they have received a big offer and want to sell him, then I don't see him forcing a stay when he can secure his future by playing a couple of years in Shanghai.

Arda might be a decent LW backup, but you gotta be kidding if you don't think this guy has been a disappointment. 34 + 7m for a LW backup who can't play in the MF is bad when taking his age into account too. 50-60m would be a great deal for us.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If we receive a 50m offer, we tell Arda we're prepared to let him go. Then it is his decision. I wager he'll take the offer. Will give him financial security for the life after football too in his last years.

Solved.

Alexis rejected a big offer from Man City to join Barca. That's a guy who turned back when he got to know he was going to board a plane to Manchester.

And I bet if it had been upto him, he would have stayed at Barcelona too. Why would a big Barca fan want to leave, especially for an Arsenal that showed a lack of ambition for so many years? Nope. He was sold so we could sign Suarez.

Sure it's different. Arsenal v China. But Arda will be 30 soon too.

If the club tells Arda they have received a big offer and want to sell him, then I don't see him forcing a stay when he can secure his future by playing a couple of years in Shanghai.

Arda might be a decent LW backup, but you gotta be kidding if you don't think this guy has been a disappointment. 34 + 7m for a LW backup who can't play in the MF is bad when taking his age into account too. 50-60m would be a great deal for us.
China is not a bad place to live either

Keki

That was a dead rubber. Gladbach had nothing to play for, it was basically a training session.

Also, please both of you and [MENTION=21136]Potroh[/MENTION] refrain from personal insults. Next time I'll just delete the posts.

Dead rubber or not still sixth Barcelona player to score a Champions League hat-trick.

no probs.

Ahmedd

I haven't rewatched that painful game but Gignac's chance was not the kind that strikers put away 9 times out of 10, or was it ?

I rewatched it, it's so painful. He should have scored, plus he had the option to give the ball to Griezmann who was alone in front of the goal.

Anyway, i wasn't replying to your post per se (i think you know that) and we're not really disagreeing on much at all. :cheers:

Don't worry, we are in the same boat. :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans