Arda Turan

F

FlaFCB

If he doesn't want to go, we can receive even a 60m offer. It won't make any difference. The man has contract with us, and as a serious club we need to respect that and not force him to move if he doesn't want to.

:lol: I like Andre Gomes as well, and think he can be an amazing midfielder for us. In fact, I wouldn't sell any player after less than two seasons at the club, unles it is absolutely clear that there is no room for improvement. Gomes shows plenty of good signs so I would personally rule out any scenario that ends up with us selling him before 2018.

There is a massive problem with us as a club if we start to sell players after barely getting used to the club and with what it meas to be playing for Barcelona.

Many serious clubs force players out. Barça have forced many players out too in recent years, mostly canteranos. So I really can't see why this couldn't be done to Arda as well.

Jombi

Getting rid of Arda is definitely part of a rebuilding effort. People who say he is good enough and we should keep him should take into consideration that we simply can not afford to always splash out huge amounts on signings without getting any money from sales. Its now or never if we want to cash in on Arda. Money to be used to strengthen our team with signings like Thomas Lemar from Monaco and Wylan Cyprien from Nice. I am not even sure we can cash in on him any more and these rumors might be just wishful thinking.

serghei

Many serious clubs force players out. Barça have forced many players out too in recent years, mostly canteranos. So I really can't see why this couldn't be done to Arda as well.

It can be done. Just that I don't like it. We also did that with Alves, and Alves could've been playing at Barcelona up until his mid thrities with absolute ease. Not saying Arda is the level of Alves. Arda chose Barcelona and for sure he had other good offers as well. We can't really force him to go to China if he doesn't want to. That means we don't really care about the interest of our own players. It would send the wrong message I feel.

Getting rid of Arda is definitely part of a rebuilding effort. People who say he is good enough and we should keep him should take into consideration that we simply can not afford to always splash out huge amounts on signings without getting any money from sales. Its now or never if we want to cash in on Arda. Money to be used to strengthen our team with signings like Thomas Lemar from Monaco and Wylan Cyprien from Nice. I am not even sure we can cash in on him any more and these rumors might be just wishful thinking.

You can't cash in on Arda if he doesn't want to go. You can't actually force him to go, for the same reason Barca players can't sign for other teams while they are in contract with our club. A contract is unbreakable if the players doesn't want to go. You can't force a player to leave a club that he is under contract with. And that's the way it ends. If we somehow try to push Arda out by threatening him, then we really become the kind of club that deserves Qatar on their shirt.

Last edited:

Jombi

You can't cash in on Arda if he doesn't want to go. You can't actually force him to go, for the same reason players can't sign for other teams while they are in contract with Barcelona. A contract is unbreakable if the players doesn't want to go. You can't force a player to leave a club that he is under contract with.

Hello captain obvious.

Gomes is 23 by the way and he is playing exactly like he has been playing for the past 2 years.

serghei

Hello captain obvious.

Gomes is 23 by the way and he is playing exactly like he has been playing for the past 2 years.

The way he's been playing for the past two years made the two best clubs in the world fight to sign him. That's not too shabby for a young player. OK, so he's not 22 anymore, since he turned 23 after we signed him. Big deal.

Jombi

The way he's been playing for the past two years made the two best clubs in the world fight to sign him. That's not too shabby for a young player. OK, so he's not 22 anymore, since he turned 23 in the meantime. Big deal.

Yeah, that "fight" was probably just more Jorge Mendes money laundering. He's an average player, not Barca quality and he is showing it every time he plays.

And we should be honest with Arda. Tell him he is not going to be counted on in the future for anything more than Copa games and garbage minutes so he knows his place. Does he still want to stay with Barca when being told the truth?

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

It can be done. Just that I don't like it. We also did that with Alves, and Alves could've been playing at Barcelona up until his mid thrities with absolute ease. Not saying Arda is the level of Alves. Arda chose Barcelona and for sure he had other good offers as well. We can't really force him to go to China if he doesn't want to. That means we don't really care about the interest of our own players. It would send the wrong message I feel.
This current board have been sending that wrong message for years now, and to canteranos, which is worse to me. I see no problem in doing that to Arda, honestly. It was a mistake to spend so much on him to begin with. They should try to fix that asap.

Yeah, that "fight" was probably just more Jorge Mendes money laundering. He's an average player, not Barca quality and he is showing it every time he plays.

And we should be honest with Arda. Tell him he is not going to be counted on in the future for anything more than Copa games and garbage minutes so he knows his place. Does he still want to stay with Barca when being told the truth?
I think he might. Living in bcn is great, and he's lazy anyway.

serghei

OK man, it was Mendes' money laundering. I like him and don't give a damn if others think he is shit or average or whatever. I'll keep defending him until it's certain he is not good enough. At the moment, he's showing some great signs as well as some weaknesses. I'm a positive dude, so I chose to think the positives will prevail. Certainly don't like the approach that every player we sign is shit until he proves he isn't.

This current board have been sending that wrong message for years now, and to canteranos, which is worse to me. I see no problem in doing that to Arda, honestly. It was a mistake to spend so much on him to begin with. They should try to fix that asap.

We'll add that to the long list of disagreements we've had over the years on here then. :cheers:

Last edited:

serghei

Well, he is right. FC Barcelona is the greatest club in the world. Can't fault the guy for wanting to play for the greatest club in the world. He is not payed peanuts as well, so why should he move to China? I reckon he's payed at least 3m. a year at Barca. That's a lot of money. Some dudes are desperate for money. Seems like Turan isn't. I say kudos to him, always like a guy that is not rulled, above anything else, by the desire to make money.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As long as we are not paying a ton of money for his salary, I'd say we keep Arda. At the very least he is a good bench player.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah having him on the bench really saved the day against Real Madrid.

You don't rely on your bench players to play against strong sides like Real Madrid. Yes he screwed up, but if the starters can't beat Real Madrid, it is their fault first and foremost.

Jombi

He's one of the best paid ones for sure, that's a given considering the transfer fee we paid. Not on Iniesta or Pique levels of course but he's probably on 6m euros. Its big money for someone playing Gijon minutes.

F

FlaFCB

Yes, his reportedly wages are around the 6m figure. It's really too much for his role and workrate.

Home of Barca Fans