Arda Turan

We don't even have to sell this winter. China isn't going away in the summer. But Arda has always wanted to cut it here (although he sure doesn't play like it) and as Flavia said, Lucho likes him. One more positive Lucho's departure could bring the club come season end.

Jombi

Why do people want our team to be weaker? Arda is having pretty decent season, we have a good sub for at least Neymar and that amount will hardly get us anyone in similar quality in January window. Selling sounds so ridiculous yet there are people supporting this. Club should only sell troublemakers, deadwood or players pass their prime in January as market is limited.

Arda is deadwood. Market isnt limited. There are always options and lots of players will force their move if they see Barca mean business and knock on their doors. What is limited is our ability to broaden our vision. A constant stream of incoming garbage for huge fees have been the case for a long time now. We need to broaden our vision.

R

reaper

What would be really positive for Barcelona is if Mathieu, Digne and Lucho were thrown in for free to sweeten the deal. I would say Paco too, but I think they would smell a rat.

FC B

Sport claims Guangzhou Evergrande and Beijing Guoan are interested in Arda and are bringing in big money to make it happen. It has to convince Arda first but sadly he might just not want to triple his salary by going to China...

serghei

Arda is deadwood. Market isnt limited. There are always options and lots of players will force their move if they see Barca mean business and knock on their doors. What is limited is our ability to broaden our vision. A constant stream of incoming garbage for huge fees have been the case for a long time now. We need to broaden our vision.

Arda is not deadwood and he is not garbage either. How can you say about a CL finalist and a La Liga winner with Atletico, being one their best players in the process that is garbage beats me. He is a very good player at LW and in a wide midfield position (4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, maybe left attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1). Just because he isn't working in a midfield 3 doesn't mean he is garbage.

Anyway, if we can sell him for great money, go for it. If not, still fine as he is a good player to have and surely not the problem in the team right now. If anything, I like our options on the left with Arda and Neymar.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Yes rofl, random fan always knows what player is suitable for the club better than actual professionals who are getting paid huge money to be on top of their game. That makes absolute sense, if only we could all "broaden our vision"...
:whistle:
Calling Vidal deadwood is correct as he has lost every support he has had in club from coach, we dont need a player who will never play. Arda on the other hand has been pretty excellent whenever he has been used in proper position, scored many goals and is giving Neymar valuable rest, which will surely be benefical at the end of season.

Vilarrubi

Arda is not deadwood and he is not garbage either. How can you say about a CL finalist and a La Liga winner with Atletico, being one their best players in the process that is garbage beats me. He is a very good player at LW and in a wide midfield position (4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, maybe left attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1). Just because he isn't working in a midfield 3 doesn't mean he is garbage.

Anyway, if we can sell him for great money, go for it. If not, still fine as he is a good player to have and surely not the problem in the team right now. If anything, I like our options on the left with Arda and Neymar.

+1

Arda has performed well nearly every time he's been used at LW.. I like him as a squad player and he knows his role.

For me the more worrying thing is Andre Gomes trying to break into the starting 11, if anyone should be sold it should be him for a suitable replacement.. but the club will hold onto him for at least 2 seasons imo purely because of the price paid for him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sell him in the Summer. Perhaps his stock will rise a bit by then too.

A 50m offer in the Summer would be insane to reject. Arda reminds me a bit about Cesc who also had some really great games against certain kind of teams.

Jombi

Yes rofl, random fan always knows what player is suitable for the club better than actual professionals

Our so called professionals have been utter pathetic for years now with incoming garbage being signed for huge amounts every window. Our vision is not broadened properly at all. It took us 9 years to finally go back to signing players from the French market even though we had great success with Marquez, Yaya and Abidal. In those 9 years where we completely ignored the French market, huge amounts of money was gifted to Arsenal. In the last year we've spent 130m euros on Paco, Gomes, Vidal and Arda. Great for La Liga clubs I guess but its laughable. These players are not Barca quality. It was obvious to most people who actually watched Gomes and Paco. Why on earth are we signing these players? Arda was signed for a lot of money, not to simply play 5 games a season scoring hat tricks against Hercules or Gijon. He was garbage against the worst team in the league in our last game. If he had played another position than LW, people would have said it was because he didnt play LW. But he did. And he was bad. I see nothing to suggest that he is anything but deadwood and a huge flop.

Last edited:

serghei

Sell him in the Summer. Perhaps his stock will rise a bit by then too.

A 50m offer in the Summer would be insane to reject. Arda reminds me a bit about Cesc who also had some really great games against certain kind of teams.

If he doesn't want to go, we can receive even a 60m offer. It won't make any difference. The man has contract with us, and as a serious club we need to respect that and not force him to move if he doesn't want to.

+1

Arda has performed well nearly every time he's been used at LW.. I like him as a squad player and he knows his role.

For me the more worrying thing is Andre Gomes trying to break into the starting 11, if anyone should be sold it should be him for a suitable replacement.. but the club will hold onto him for at least 2 seasons imo purely because of the price paid for him.

:lol: I like Andre Gomes as well, and think he can be an amazing midfielder for us. In fact, I wouldn't sell any player after less than two seasons at the club, unles it is absolutely clear that there is no room for improvement. Gomes shows plenty of good signs so I would personally rule out any scenario that ends up with us selling him before 2018.

There is a massive problem with us as a club if we start to sell players after barely getting used to the club and with what it meas to be playing for Barcelona. 5 months is not enough time for a young player to make an impact at a club like Barcelona. Look at the Barcaforum darling Isco. 3 years of being a sub. at Madrid. You don't sell players until you're absolutely sure they can't improve and be part of your team in the future. Take notice that Gomes is 22 and played in the clasico 3 months after being signed, and I don't think he had a bad game at all.

Madrid is not ready to break up with Isco even after 3 seasons. They still think he might be part of the first 11 sometime in the future. This frenzy of selling and buying at a crazy rate is not good for the club at all.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans