Arda Turan

SeloBarca

How about not get anyone at all (this summer) put our trust in Samper? :lucho: I feel he could be a perfect CM/CDM. I say, just sell Arda, accept our losses now and sell him while he's still interesting to the big clubs and thus worth something. Sell him to the PL, if they can pay 40M for Batshuayi or Benteke, we can surely get at least 30M for Arda easy. In a perfect world, we get the whole paid sum for him right back. Anyway, let's say 30M for Arda, plus 10M for Vermaelen and 3-4M for Adriano and Douglas. That way we would have over a 100M transfer kitty. We could easily get Vietto and a full back (De Sciglio my personal favourite, or Azpi wouldn't be bad too) this summer. As for Arda, i wouldn't buy an immediate replacement right away. We already have that in Denis and Rafinha. That would also get Samper to stay. We could see if he can cut it here. If he does, it's like we get a proper new midfielder for free next summer, if not, we can always loan him out next summer and then buy a new CM.

Also, we would finally have some balance in the CM positions, with Roberto (when he's not playing RB, which he wouldn't have to so often anymore with the acquisiton of a full back) and Samper (when not playing alternative to Busquets) being Raki's alternatives (RCM), while Denis and Rafinha being Iniesta's (LCM) and possibly Neymar's (Denis) and Messi's (Rafinha). So all four CM alternatives would also have their 2nd position to play, so they would surely get enough minutes either way. Being linked right to this whole point, with this exact moves, we would have a little extra transfer money left (let's say 50 or 60M, since 40M (20+20) would go for Vietto and a full back this summer) for the future transfer windows if and when needed.

Samper is pretty much the only youngster i rate.
Denis and Rafinha are not are AMs, just like Roberto. We need CMs.
We missed the Gündogan train, and Pogba, while beeing a iniesta replacement (not nearly as good) is way to expensive.
Maybe better to wait one year although i dont like wasting a year on Messi and Iniesta becouse of a midfield with lack of passing creativity.

Wick

We missed the Gündogan train, and Pogba, while beeing a iniesta replacement (not nearly as good) is way to expensive.
Maybe better to wait one year although i dont like wasting a year on Messi and Iniesta becouse of a midfield with lack of passing creativity.

Samper is the only youngster you rate? So Carles Aleñá is air to you? There are several promising youngsters at La Masia for the future. Aleñá will be our CM for the future. There is no beed to buy one now seeing Busquets, Rakitic and Iniesta can play another 2-3 seasons (maybe more) together at top level. Then at age 20-21 Aleñá can take over and be paired with Busquets and possibly Denis Suárez. Now, Dennis isn't a AM now, but it doesn't mean he can't play there in the future (i.e. in 2-3 seasons from now). A lot of players learn new position, and he has the tools to do it. Now he got the best teachers to show his the ropes. He may not have what it takes now, but he doesn't need to. He'll be ready when time comes. As will Aleñá.

God Serena

Samper is the only youngster you rate? So Carles Aleñá is air to you? There are several promising youngsters at La Masia for the future. Aleñá will be our CM for the future. There is no beed to buy one now seeing Busquets, Rakitic and Iniesta can play another 2-3 seasons (maybe more) together at top level. Then at age 20-21 Aleñá can take over and be paired with Busquets and possibly Denis Suárez. Now, Dennis isn't a AM now, but it doesn't mean he can't play there in the future (i.e. in 2-3 seasons from now). A lot of players learn new position, and he has the tools to do it. Now he got the best teachers to show his the ropes. He may not have what it takes now, but he doesn't need to. He'll be ready when time comes. As will Aleñá.

Alena may have a lot of hype around him but as of now he hasn't even had one season with the B team. He's been great up until now and has had some good performances for the B team in his few callups but we've seen countless cases of players who have that much going for them who ultimately don't end up anywhere near the first team. Give Alena a chance to prove himself before saying he's proven, please.

Wick

Alena may have a lot of hype around him but as of now he hasn't even had one season with the B team. He's been great up until now and has had some good performances for the B team in his few callups but we've seen countless cases of players who have that much going for them who ultimately don't end up anywhere near the first team. Give Alena a chance to prove himself before saying he's proven, please.

I never wrote he's proven. I suggested that he is one of the most promising young talents we have at a position of future need, and as a consequence of his enormous talent I think he will definitely go on to prove himself. Could I be wrong? Sure. But I dont think that'll be the case here. Aleñá will get the chance to prove himself during the preseason, but I never stated he IS proven. Again, I think he'll prove himself because of his tools, which is why I list him as part of the future of the 1st team. For those reasons (combined with Denis Suárez) I dont want the club to spend big at the position.

Sniperr7

barca will lose..
if he go, barca will lose money + super talent
if he stay, luco wont make him play in his own position, and his way, and lose him again.. and
peoples will always be like hungry wolfs to attack him..
no need racism..

at least everybody ll lose.. :p

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
So what about Wilfred Kaptoum?

F

Flavia

So many clubs supposedly interested in Arda. It'd be great for everyone if he left.

gregorrin10

Why do I have the feeling that if he's sold, he won't be replaced by any player... The Andre Gomes' rumour seems like bullshit to me.

Why should he be? We have 7 players able to play CM (along with Samper) and 2-3 out of them can also cover the wings even without Arda. :cool:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans