Arda Turan

God Serena

[tw]751079693575720960[/tw]
giphy.gif

oneirophobos

Did anyone expect anything else? I'm annoyed but it is what it is, atop of being an unpredictably bad signing his instant complacency and drop in form is infuriating. Best left to do now is just hope and pray that the lecture he must certainly got from the coaches and medical staff got to him and he straightens himself out before the season starts. If he simply brushed it off like he did with NT criticism he'll continue being a dead weight :confused: and we accumulated to many players like that already, this transfer window has been a refreshing spring cleaning tbh. If Verm, Douglas or Adriano leave it'll be more than anyone could hope for with our incompetent board in charge. A+

God Serena

Well he is going to stay and take valuable minutes away from Rafinha,Bob and Denis...Great

There is always hope.

If Lucho could bench Aleix Vidal for an entire half season and send Deulofeu away from the club permanently even though he himself requested those players, there's a chance he might do something similar to Arda.

xXKonan

According to Miguel Rico, We won't sell Arda, for anything less than 33 Million.

If we want to sell him we want our money back and nothing less.

Chainsaw

Killahead
According to Miguel Rico, We won't sell Arda, for anything less than 33 Million.

If we want to sell him we want our money back and nothing less.

Nonsense. Anything near 30m and Barca should get it. With his age and the disasterous season he just had we cannot expect much from the offers we recieve.

R

reaper

Well that's easy to say now, after we've seen him play for Barcelona. Go back to posts in this thread from July 2015 and tell me whether the reaction was largely positive or negative.

Rubbish really. Many Barcelona fans in Barcelona questioned the signing at the time - immediately. I was one of them. I don't think it matters too much - with all due respect, what a lot of global Barcelona fans from Croatia to Kuwait on this forum thought about Arda and their positive vibes that it was great signing. This forum is often completely out of touch with Catalan opinion on certain players. I even had a post deleted for saying Cristiano Tello was not good not good enough for Barcelona..:lucho: I had another post deleted saying Bartra is not 'Barcelona quality.' Sadly Barcelona's technical team then said the same publicly a day later.. and he - Bartra was gone.. however my post was still left deleted. This forum therefore is fun and nice etc.. all positive.. but does not reflect the reality of life in the Catalan capital. In fact it does not represent Europe, where various opinions on players are tolerated.

It was obvious to many from day one in Catalunya that this signing was a car crash especially with how much we spent and how long his contract is. Barcelona media has also been highly critical of the signing and his performances and what they say has more influence than what was said on here.. a year ago.

Well he is going to stay and take valuable minutes away from Rafinha,Bob and Denis...Great

He will and it is shame. My hope is the Catalan media chase him out of town. Arda thinks he can hang tough.. but he is yet to experience the full force of the press against him.

Stric

Rubbish really. Many Barcelona fans in Barcelona questioned the signing at the time - immediately. I was one of them. I don't think it matters too much - with all due respect, what a lot of global Barcelona fans from Croatia to Kuwait on this forum thought about Arda and their positive vibes that it was great signing. This forum is often completely out of touch with Catalan opinion on certain players. I even had a post deleted for saying Cristiano Tello was not good not good enough for Barcelona..:lucho: I had another post deleted saying Bartra is not 'Barcelona quality.' Sadly Barcelona's technical team then said the same publicly a day later.. and he - Bartra was gone.. however my post was still left deleted. This forum therefore is fun and nice etc.. all positive.. but does not reflect the reality of life in the Catalan capital. In fact it does not represent Europe, where various opinions on players are tolerated.

It was obvious to many from day one in Catalunya that this signing was a car crash especially with how much we spent and how long his contract is. Barcelona media has also been highly critical of the signing and his performances and what they say has more influence than what was said on here.. a year ago.

Fans in Barcelona, "Catalan opinion"... 6 references to the locality as some kind of basis for superiority of opinion. I'm not following. Why is the opinion of people in Barcelona or Catalunya more relevant than others'? It's not as if they run the club.

First of all, the entire point was that the majority of this forum reacted positively to Arda's signing. That's why I literally said "go back to posts from this thread". So I don't see how any of what you've said is even relevant. And secondly, even if it was a completely different discussion and we were talking about the entire public and not just this forum, I still don't see the need to single out the opinion of Catalans. Is their opinion somehow more accurate because they live closer to the stadium? We are all supporters and we all have 0% influence on the club (except socios), and we all watch the same games regardless of where we live, so I don't understand why a person from Barcelona could have a more accurate perception of the situation than someone from Germany or England who follows the club closely.

If Catalans by virtue of being Catalans have a significantly different view than others, as you say, then that really speaks more of their (in)tolerance towards foreign players than it does about their understanding of what is or isn't a good signing.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

He will and it is shame. My hope is the Catalan media chase him out of town. Arda thinks he can hang tough.. but he is yet to experience the full force of the press against him.

Take it from a guy who travel to Spain and Barcelona a lot. Catalans are the one who are out of touch and brainwashed by few media outlets with agenda. It was evident from last year election when Bartomeu received 55%. The socios didn't mind the sell-out to Qatar in return for a few more trophies, Abidal didn't matter, the tax fraud didn't matter, the neglect of La Masia didn't matter, the transfer ban didn't matter, crappy horizontally striped shirt didn't matter, Cruyff didn't matter. Ironically, it was the overseas fans "from Croatia to Kuwait" who wanted a return to the old values, that's why Bartomeau and his board has limted scoio memberships and had the elderly local votes in the bag. Turan signing was to fool those Catalan voters and it did. We paid ATM 34m while with this money ATM signed Vietto 20m and Carrasco 15m.

Alik

Well that's easy to say now, after we've seen him play for Barcelona. Go back to posts in this thread from July 2015 and tell me whether the reaction was largely positive or negative.

+1

There was also an unreal level of hype around the time Arda was going to debut for Barça.

But then again, as long as a player has a beard, that's enough for most people in this forum :lol:

Perhaps the reason you had posts deleted is because you had spouted nonsense such as "it doesn't matter what global fans think".

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans