Antoine Griezmann

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Should we start looking for a replacement for Suarez? Absolutely. Is that person Griezmann? I don't think so, because for starters he literally has about two years of peak time left before we start think about replacing him, and more importantly, he is simply not that good and in my opinion can't replace Suarez in terms of numbers alone. I can imagine if he comes people might get really frustrated with him and start calling him a flop really soon.

Yannik

that confirms the rumour more than it denies it. Barto probably received a mad call from Atlèti and does a more than low effort attempt to pretend there's nothing going on.

BBZ8800

The point is, Suarez and Griezmann can't coexist, especially when we have Messi, Coutinho and Dembele as well.

This is starting to remind me on our famous Munir-Adama-Sandro attacking trio, which will play for us for the next 10 years and how we'll play CL finals with La Masia attacking trios (or like some suggested: with 11 La Masia players).
Then, 3-4 years later, none of them is even close to our team.

Suarez might lose his form again.
He might decline and get sold in 18 Months.
Messi is old and will be more and more tired.
Who knows whether Dembele will ever be able to play 2 matches in a row without getting injured, and even if he will, will he ever fit into our team?
Then you have Griezmann and Coutinho who hadn't play a minute for our team.

We had Zlatan, who's transfer in today's market would be around 150 Millions, just like Coutinho's or Dembele's.
And we got rid off him after only 1 season.

And yet, some of you are acting as if it virtually impossible that any of Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann will suck hard and that we will get rid of that guy in 1-2 seasons, even with huge losses in terms of money.

Maybe all 5 of them will fit perfectly.
Maybe all 3 new guys (Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann) will suck hard.

I would personally buy Griezmann out of at least 3-4 reasons:
1. Suarez is already 31
He will decline, get more tired, or get benched in 1-2 seasons
2. Messi will be 31 in 6 Months.
He won't be benched, but he will need more and more rotations.
3. Dembele, as said above, who knows what will happen with his injuries in the future, whether injuries and pressure will effect him mentally, and how (and will he ever) fit into our team and into our style
4. then you have Coutinho, who hasn't played a single minute yet

In one of the worst scenarios, in 12-18 Months, it could happen:
1. we didn't buy Griezmann
2. Messi got injured for 6-8 Months (knee injury)
3. Suarez got fat and declined massively
4. Dembele is always injured or a horrible fit to our team
And we would play Luis-Coutinho and 9 random, average players.

So, we should just buy Griezmann and see what will happen.
Imo, at least 1 out of these 5 players will suck, decline, get injured or something in 12 Months.
And I am quite sure that we won't have 5 star players, but 4 star players, or even 3.

So, don't take it for granted:
1. Dembele will be here for the next 10 years
2. Coutinho will be here for the next 5-6-7 years
3. Luis will stay here for another 3-4 years
4. Griezmann will be a good fit here

In these numbers games always something goes wrong (injuries, family problem, a huge decline, bad fit for our team, Arda's disease etc).

RMU ReBorn

can someone translate this ?

26840810_1962322160699391_9078243900073980624_o.jpg

Windhook

can someone translate this?

"FC Barcelona strongly denies the information that has appeared over the course of the last few hours in different media regarding Atlético Madrid player, Antoine Griezmann, and an alleged deal with our club. FC Barcelona expresses its objections in the face of these events and reiterates its full respect for the institution of Atlético Madrid."

Stupid Catalan journalists are on their way to get FC Barcelona in trouble again. Another FIFA transfer ban on its way.

FinBarcelonafan

This is starting to remind me on our famous Munir-Adama-Sandro attacking trio, which will play for us for the next 10 years and how we'll play CL finals with La Masia attacking trios (or like some suggested: with 11 La Masia players).

Who knows whether Dembele will ever be able to play 2 matches in a row without getting injured, and even if he will, will he ever fit into our team?

We had Zlatan, who's transfer in today's market would be around 150 Millions, just like Coutinho's or Dembele's.

And yet, some of you are acting as if it virtually impossible that any of Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann will suck hard and that we will get rid of that guy in 1-2 seasons, even with huge losses in terms of money.

1. Suarez is already 31
3. Dembele, as said above, who knows what will happen with his injuries in the future, whether injuries and pressure will effect him mentally, and how (and will he ever) fit into our team and into our style

Imo, at least 1 out of these 5 players will suck, decline, get injured or something in 12 Months.
And I am quite sure that we won't have 5 star players, but 4 star players, or even 3.

In these numbers games always something goes wrong (injuries, family problem, a huge decline, bad fit for our team, Arda's disease etc).

Great post. I think in this market and with our situation Griezmann makes a lot of sense. 100 mil e is good price for him.

henias

He's something of Ronaldo's and Mpabbe's calibre, fast, direct, maybe has better passing than Ronaldo but he doesnt really fit Barcelona's profile. And his peak years are already gone, he looks much slower, less clinical, hardly curls his shots or have any technique to it, not really composed in one on one situation. It's a waste of money. Even his Euro performance is not much to brag about even when he's top scorer, absolutely disappeared against Portugal. And his goals are just.. meh. Even Suarez in Uruguay and Liverpool were absolutely brilliant. Griezmann is not even close.

khaled_a_d

that confirms the rumour more than it denies it. Barto probably received a mad call from Atlèti and does a more than low effort attempt to pretend there's nothing going on.

Depends on whether a Liverpool or RM type of denial. RM has denied such rumors many times and t the end proved they never negotiated with the players

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

1. Suarez is already 31

BBZ, you basically laid out the argument very nicely why we need another forward/striker, and I agree with you. However, you didn't really make a case why that person should be Griezmann. Simply because he is the only one available and attainable, regardless of whether he is good enough for us and whether he will be a good fit?

Home of Barca Fans