Antoine Griezmann

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Suarez is turning 31 in a couple of weeks and already showing signs of decline. Cannot expect him to play well into his 30s. I like the Griezmann plan.

Even more so if he along with our other French players can manage to convince Mbappe to join in a few years :lol:

Jombi

Dembele is not expected to play all the time. Suarez won't be expected to play all the time once he goes well into his thirthies at 32-33. If Madrid could rotate Isco for years and years, we can rotate Dembele too until he's certified world class to start every game almost.

Dembele cost us 150m euros. Valverde will be under pressure to not put that amount of money on the bench. It would be really surprising if such a signing is merely a rotational player. Lets see how this works out.

Givenchy

is there still a gentleman agreement between Atleti and Madrid? if not, I can see Madrid making him their priority this summer, they wouldn't need to deal with Atleti as its a buyout clause. would make alot of sense for them

JamDav1982

is there still a gentleman agreement between Atleti and Madrid? if not, I can see Madrid making him their priority this summer, they wouldn't need to deal with Atleti as its a buyout clause. would make alot of sense for them

Real signed Hernandez last summer so no.

serghei

Dembele cost us 150m euros. Valverde will be under pressure to not put that amount of money on the bench. It would be really surprising if such a signing is merely a rotational player. Lets see how this works out.

It doesn't matter how much he cost. He's a long term investment. Guy is a kid still. If at 22-23 he'll be a world class player for us it would be the bomb.

DonAK

You can rotate all these players for sure.

I like that the club is being proactive now. What happens if Suarez declines even further next season and we cannot find a replacement? I know many want to sign a #9 like him, but there are few who would fit and be great.

Kane could be one option, but he's likely to go for 200m as Levy will bleed any club that want him dry. Probably the worst man in Football to deal with, very tough negotiator. Contract till 2022 makes it difficult. Griezmann helps bridge the gap until we find a proper #9 or in the event Mbappe decides to move on from PSG in 4 to 5 years.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Suarez is not just a player, he is one of the most influential players in dressing room. Even with new guys Dembele and particularly Coutinho he is on great terms. His bromance with Messi is on another level.
Suarez is a family guy whose wife is from here too. It's not just like that to send him away.

DonAK

No, Suarez will stay. If Suarez keep playing like Ibrahimovic well into his 30s and Griezmann grows tired, we can always sell him for a profit. I don't think we risk losing out much here. None of these players have huge egos and all including Griezmann are family men.

Meanwhile it will give us so many options in attack and ways of playing. If you do it the right way you could keep all happy like in Man City with so many of their talented players.

Last edited:

Devils

Posted this in the Barca transfers/rumors thread too but my thoughts on it:

I absolutely think we are going to sign him.

1) We will surely need a new starting striker ~2 years time when Suarez can't do it anymore.
2) Market is inflating at a ridiculous rate and who knows what the price of a top striker will be in 2-3 years time.

Paying 100m for him this summer (which is already kind of a bargain in this market) will definitely be worth it economically and sporting wise.

Think we will try to rotate him and Suarez next season and then maybe having him as our main striker in the second year and have Suarez as a sub (he will be 33 at that point).

Zincubus

Banned
You can rotate all these players for sure.

I like that the club is being proactive now. What happens if Suarez declines even further next season and we cannot find a replacement? I know many want to sign a #9 like him, but there are few who would fit and be great.

Kane could be one option, but he's likely to go for 200m as Levy will bleed any club that want him dry. Probably the worst man in Football to deal with, very tough negotiator. Contract till 2022 makes it difficult. Griezmann helps bridge the gap until we find a proper #9 or in the event Mbappe decides to move on from PSG in 4 to 5 years.
I wouldn't want Kane anywhere near Barca to be honest . I think he's found his level in the English league and I'd be amazed if one of the elite clubs went in for him .

The only 'English born' player on our radar is supposedly Alli and whilst he's shown touches of real class he has a dodgy temperament ..

JamDav1982

I wouldn't want Kane anywhere near Barca to be honest . I think he's found his level in the English league and I'd be amazed if one of the elite clubs went in for him .

The only 'English born' player on our radar is supposedly Alli and whilst he's shown touches of real class he has a dodgy temperament ..

Haha 'his level'.

It is probably the strongest league in the world after the top couple teams.

Kane would score goals for fun at Barca but not profile needed to get best out of Messi and certainly not for fee he would be.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He would probably be good but never like in England. Pretty much all top Epl stars coming to Spain played poorer if not floped completely.

Zincubus

Banned
Haha 'his level'.

It is probably the strongest league in the world after the top couple teams.

Kane would score goals for fun at Barca but not profile needed to get best out of Messi and certainly not for fee he would be.

His technique isn't brilliant .... He's perfectly suited to the EPL .

How many English players have been a success at Barca ??! ( or abroad anywhere )

I remember fabulous British , scoring centre forwards , Gary Lineker and Mark Hughes coming to Barca and flopping .

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans