Antoine Griezmann

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
By that logic, what does this tell us?

Dfbk7YIVAAghyXj.jpg:large

He's telling Dembele to take the L as he'll be warming the bench once Griezmann arrives. :mou:

George_Costanza

What do you mean?

Neymar's price was always 222m. Griezmann's price right now is 200m and any official announcement right now (or before July 1st) would mean Atletico have a legal right to claim 200m from the club that is signing Griezmann.

That's true only if the 100 BO is a secretive clause or the date of its activation is unknown. It doesn't make sense legally to pretend that others don't know about it. The buy out is the player himself is buying out the pre-determined value of his contract, so if in the future the BO is going down, nothing wrong with clubs targeting that known date. In case of Neymar, delaying his announcement actually put him in a legal case with Barcelona regarding loyalty bonus that he took.

Devils

That's true only if the 100 BO is a secretive clause or the date of its activation is unknown. It doesn't make sense legally to pretend that others don't know about it. The buy out is the player himself is buying out the pre-determined value of his contract, so if in the future the BO is going down, nothing wrong with clubs targeting that known date. In case of Neymar, delaying his announcement actually put him in a legal case with Barcelona regarding loyalty bonus that he took.

It doesn't matter if it is secret or not.

Right now anyone who establishes an agreement with Griezmann is obliged to pay Atletico 200m euros.

If Griezmann comes out and says "I'm going to leave for Barca" it's not going to be hard for Atletico make a case that agreements between Griezmann and Barca were established when his buyout was 200m and that they have a right to to 200m as opposed to 100m they will receive after July 1st.

Smartest thing for both Barca and Griezmann to do is keep their mouths shut to avoid any sort of legal battle.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I was starting to get the inclination that he wasn't going to come but the way he's being vague about this makes me think he might be leaning towards Barca.

Devils

OJO saying Lemar was a request of Griezmann

So he's either waiting for

a) His new contract and the signings Atletico promised him

or

b) July 1st so his clause can be triggered

Either way it's hard to see this being resolved before the world cup is finished.

Joan

OJO doesn't have reliable contacts in Barca, let alone Atletico. If anything, I learned that the media knows nothing. First Zidane leaves, everyone's shocked, then they appoint Lopetegui, nobody knew, then Griezmann.... nah, don't trust it anymore.

Stanio

I can't imagine Lemar is the only signing he wanted to stay.
We'll see but all the elements saying he stays are rumours. What we see for real is the number 7 kept for him and his silence

TitoTata

Banned
I think it's self preservation.
If he leaves them on the day before the WC starts then Godin will mangle him and if he joins Barca then Ramos will also be trying to nobble him ..

Just jesting ..

Home of Barca Fans