Antoine Griezmann

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we really want to sign Griezmann then the board should seal it before Bayern start courting him as Lewandowski has reportedly asked to leave this summer.

omidferoz

----------------------------Suárez------------------Griezmann------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Messi---------------------------------------------
Coutinho---------------------------------------------------------------------------Demebele
-----------------------------Busquets-------------------Rakitic------------------------------

It's clear we'll need to play 4-2-3-2. I say we write a petition to FIFA to change the rules. We need 12 players on the field otherwise this won't work! :D

just remove Suarez

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we really want to sign Griezmann then the board should seal it before Bayern start courting him as Lewandowski has reportedly asked to leave this summer.

I think I read that Lewandowski has denied that, even though he has changed his agent. I don't think Real Madrid wants a 30-year-old striker.

To me there are two main potential issues with Griezmann's signing: (1) Will he be willing to be a sub, at least for a while, as we will have too many players up front? (2) If we field a top-heavy XI, for example by taking a midfield spot away our midfield will be sliced and penetrated like a sharp knife through hot butter, this will spell huge trouble for our defense.

Lastly, I guess we will sell Munir for good after he returns from loan? He has done very well at Alaves, hate to see him leave.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think I read that Lewandowski has denied that, even though he has changed his agent. I don't think Real Madrid wants a 30-year-old striker.

To me there are two main potential issues with Griezmann's signing: (1) Will he be willing to be a sub, at least for a while, as we will have too many players up front? (2) If we field a top-heavy XI, for example by taking a midfield spot away our midfield will be sliced and penetrated like a sharp knife through hot butter, this will spell huge trouble for our defense.

Lastly, I guess we will sell Munir for good after he returns from loan? He has done very well at Alaves, hate to see him leave.

News from today is coming from that Christian Falk guy who is apparently very reliable so I don't know. Would be interesting to see how Bayern react if it's true.

Messi983

I doubt Bayern will pay 100M for him. They'll probably go after someone like Timo Werner or another player from BL.

It's true that it's pretty much impossible to predict how much longer Suarez will last. One day he looks finished, the next he's the best striker in the world :lol:

Last edited:

Nothanks

we're going to have an issue of too many superstars next season and some will need to eventually go...

---------suarez----griezmann
---------------messi
Coutinho-----Busquets------Rakitic
Alba---Umtiti-------Pique-------roberto
--------------ter Stegen

subs:
---------------Munir/Paco
-----------------Alena
Iniesta----Arthur---Paulinho-----Dembele
Digne----Verm--------Mina---------Semedo
----------------Jasper

that's a 22 squad list that is going to be very similar to real madrid's 16/17 season where players will complain with lack of starting minutes and some will have to be sold the season after the next... but we'll have a stacked team and rotations would never be an issue.
if we sell Rafinha / Gomes / D. Suarez / Paco(or munir)
and keep Samper + B team keeper we'll have a solid 24 man squad with an extra coming from B team if needed... this are things from FIFA or football manager and idk if valverde would be able to handle so many players demanding minutes

cro-man

Isnt he one of the reasons why ronaldo won so many titles these years?:lol: The only thing i do remember is how he handled with athletico and france everything to ronaldo.... Its not only his fault but he does somehow remind me of higuain and benzema. Not a big game player and when it matters he is not there to provide.... I didnt watch him carefully so its more of a feeling than a judgement but still thats what i do remember when i think of him.

xXKonan

Put Griez in a team like ours and he will be firing on all cylinders.

I was one of those guys who thought he was a choker but you begin to realize that there's just so much he could do with Atletico and France. France has a lot of talent but the way Deschamps sets the team up it's rigid as hell with creativity taking a massive hit.

Atletico we all know the story there. They relied a lot of Griez to create something out of thin air and finish the chances. He simply didn't have much help from the rest of the team due to how Simeone set the team up.

FC433

Excellent deal. Griezmann is a very intelligent player and with Messi, he is going to be something different. Paco must leave, unfortunately.

aaron101

Griezmann doesn't even consider leaving Spain. Everyone knows he's coming to Barca. Bayern has no chance of getting him.

Home of Barca Fans