Anthony Martial

Dave Saves

Too much. Market might go even more crazy next year.

But I think he'll do well if allowed to settle. He probably won't be exactly what they want right now as he's inexperienced, but they should give him enough playing time if they want him to develop.

It's definitely too much! But with Rooney's decline, he will find plenty of opportunities to show his qualities. We quite literally have no other striker, so game time is not going to be an issue for him.

Tonykross

It's definitely too much! But with Rooney's decline, he will find plenty of opportunities to show his qualities. We quite literally have no other striker, so game time is not going to be an issue for him.

Vincent Aboubakar of Porto is ten times better than this guy, what is Van Gaal smoking ?

xXKonan

I think he will come good for United. Issue is Will United be able to keep the pressure off the kid from the English Media?

IamGundogan

Confident that this will go down as one of the worst signings in history if not the worst after its all said and done. He'll have flashes and he'll contribute, but not enough so to warrant 60m Euros and 3 years from now after United fails to win the EPL or win any meaningful matches in Europe the pressure will become too much and he'll leave for half of what United paid.

Lottery numbers tomorrow night, please.

IamGundogan

I think he will come good for United. Issue is Will United be able to keep the pressure off the kid from the English Media?

With the De Gea fiasco, this has gone a bit more under then radar then it normally would have. In and out of Manchester and back to France without much fuss.

British media are only ever kind to British players. Look at Rooney, resembles dogshit moving around on a football pitch at the moment, and they're not criticising him.

oggydude

Surely he has to start with his price stag, think he may play as a SS with Rooney as number 9, but I really hope it's the other way round. Martial upfront with Rooney behind, Depay and Mata either side, with Carrick and Sneiderlin behind. I still believe Rooney can be half decent as a SS striker but he's just terrible up on his own.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Surely he has to start with his price stag, think he may play as a SS with Rooney as number 9, but I really hope it's the other way round. Martial upfront with Rooney behind, Depay and Mata either side, with Carrick and Sneiderlin behind. I still believe Rooney can be half decent as a SS striker but he's just terrible up on his own.

That lineup is so underwelhming tbh.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If this kid is worth 50 million euros, how much is Alexandre Lacazette? Lacazette featured in 33 games last season and directly contributed to a goal 33 times (either goal or assist) while Martial had less than half of that. Granted, Lacazette is a bit older but how people compare Martial to Henry when Lacazette for a while now has been playing Henry-like for a couple seasons now doesn't cease to amaze me.

Not saying Martial isn't good, or even a good signing for UTD. But there is no fathomable way he is worth 50 million euros in this market and I don't understand why Lacazette doesn't get more praise and acclaim. Only Messi and Ronaldo outproduced him statistically speaking last season, I just don't get why people hype Martial when Lacazette, in my opinion, is a better, more polished product.

Butaan4barca

they would've got barhinho is half that price, or even harry cane in much lesser amount. Pedro for 30 m would've been much much better for them aswell or at max 59 M pound would've got them griezman.

If they really were n't sleeping, they would've acted in time as vietto and dybala were available this summer as well.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

People also have to factor that Lyon had sell on clause on his contract so it probably did push up his fee...

Dave Saves

So apparently this is the overall deal :

30 million now, and 5 million each year over the next four years.

Bonuses :
5 million if he is League's top scorer (upto 3 times)
5 million if he wins the Golden Boy award (Not sure what this is)
10 million if he wins the Ballon D'or

I'd be delighted if we ended up paying the full 80 million. Somehow, I have a feeling that 50 million will be the extent of the fee.

Home of Barca Fans