Anthony Martial

Jair Ventura

Give me the link.

It's in my post. Every article published regarding Martial and Monaco and every one repeats the same 60-80m euros:

Faced with huge supply of Manchester United (60 million euros, plus 20 bonus), Monaco resolved to sell Anthony Martial on the final day of the transfer window. A start that ASM was not expected, but Leonardo Jardim noted philosophically.

Catalan Fan

£36m plus add ons for an unknown 19 yr old kid is quite ridiculous.This sort of signing will just inflate the market even more.Clubs will look at this and say, well Utd paid £36m for him, so we should ask £40/50m for our player etc etc.

Not to mention the huge pressure and scrutiny he will now come under, it's just crazy.

Barcilliant

£36m plus add ons for an unknown 19 yr old kid is quite ridiculous.This sort of signing will just inflate the market even more.Clubs will look at this and say, well Utd paid £36m for him, so we should ask £40/50m for our player etc etc.

Not to mention the huge pressure and scrutiny he will now come under, it's just crazy.

This is why our scouting setup has to improve BIG TIME!
In the future it will be much harder to buy stars because it will cost an arm and a leg.
We need good scouting and we need to improve La Masia.
The epl clubs are awash with cash and enough said about Real,Psg and City.

Yannik

Honestly think they should have just went for Charlie Austin for like £10-15m instead.
18 PL goals last season, proven in the league, safe bet. There you go.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Honestly think they should have just went for Charlie Austin for like £10-15m instead.
18 PL goals last season, proven in the league, safe bet. There you go.

Na, had to prove to everyone they're still a major player. That they can buy whomever they want and all that jazz.

Jombi

Na, had to prove to everyone they're still a major player. That they can buy whomever they want and all that jazz.

But buying Martial types is something Fiorentina and Napoli does. For 15m euros.

This transfer is so absurd on so many levels it boggles the mind.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
You guys believe those clauses exist? Ballon d'Or clause? "Golden Boy" or whatever that price is called clause? League's players vote to determine the winner of that. Do you think any sane person will base payments of several Millions on such stuff?
Who spreads such bullshit?

Morten

You guys believe those clauses exist? Ballon d'Or clause? "Golden Boy" or whatever that price is called clause? League's players vote to determine the winner of that. Do you think any sane person will base payments of several Millions on such stuff?
Who spreads such bullshit?
Dont be so sceptical, next thing you know there is a "wc-final matchwinner"clause as well. I wonder what other clause there is in that contract. "Fergie-clause"? After ending his career he takes over United as manager, and if he is as succesful as Fergie then another 10 mill to Monaco?

Jair Ventura

But buying Martial types is something Fiorentina and Napoli does. For 15m euros.

This transfer is so absurd on so many levels it boggles the mind.

I'll give Martial more credit than that, he's a top prospect. He's the type of player Bayern pays €20m for. See Coman.

Jombi

I'll give Martial more credit than that, he's a top prospect. He's the type of player Bayern pays €20m for. See Coman.

I am not saying he is a crap player. I have only seen him play 4 times. But going to Fiorentina and Napoli for 15m euros would be the normal transfer for such a player IMO. No one would have bat an eyelid if he did, and it would be a case of "interesting transfer, lets see how he develops over there".

Coman was signed on a 2 year loan for 7m euros though. Only if he does well and Bayern is interested will they pay 20m euros.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

You have hated United ever since the whole Memphis and ADM transfer saga's, mate its not fucking normal. Chill out and stop trying to slate United for paying this type of money which we have had to ever since City and PSG really fucked the market, like Real has been doing for decades every summer and Barca to a smaller extent.

If we want to remain competitive we have to rise to this stupid level and due to our revenues and deals we can take it up a level if we are need to.

Home of Barca Fans