Anthony Martial

Jair Ventura

You have hated United ever since the whole Memphis and ADM transfer saga's, mate its not fucking normal. Chill out and stop trying to slate United for paying this type of money which we have had to ever since City and PSG really fucked the market, like Real has been doing for decades every summer and Barca to a smaller extent.

If we want to remain competitive we have to rise to this stupid level and due to our revenues and deals we can take it up a level if we are need to.

I've disliked United long before any summer transfer sagas, but that doesn't make you unique as these feelings extend to the EPL in general.

United didn't have to spend €80m on a 19 year old prospect, they chose to. I'm also thinking they've spent more than any other club in football over the last few seasons only to have a thin, boring, mediocre team. All the while signing players at rates that eclipse any and all of PSG's so I'd suggest a look in the mirror.

To the question of competing with the clubs you're spending like, that requires more than an audacious panicked buy of a teenager whose more likely to be benched and resold than to play up to his fee. You've spent like a top club, but your roster is second class.

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Have to agree that Juvens has a good point. Few years ago I thought United is a great club but the stuff they do... I understand they have money but If they cont. like this they will end up like Leeds.

And that much money for an unproven 19 year old is stupid. Suarez at his peak was worth the sum but is he as good as him?

oggydude

How is this transfer any different to the Anderson transfer Fergie made for Porto, it was like £20m for a teenager like 7 years ago, or the Lucas Moura transfer he wanted to pay £30m+ for a kid who's never played in Europe, or the Rooney transfer of £30m for a teenager who had one good Euro competition like 12 years ago with football inflation we spent £60m on him, Martial costs £36m, and if he ever does reach that £58m price he would've been top scorer 3 times in the PL, ballon d'or winner and top scorer in the World Cup. The Shaw transfer that we got a lot of stick was similar to the Rio transfer 10 years ago where we paid £30m for a young defender. Buying a young player for big money is something that United has been doing years prior the Glazers took over and has been apart of our club status. We even paid a record £15m for Ronaldo as a teenager before Roomey came and broke it 12 years ago.

Jair Ventura

How is this transfer any different to the Anderson transfer Fergie made for Porto, it was like £20m for a teenager like 7 years ago, or the Lucas Moura transfer he wanted to pay £30m+ for a kid who's never played in Europe, or the Rooney transfer of £30m for a teenager who had one good Euro competition like 12 years ago with football inflation we spent £60m on him, Martial costs £36m, and if he ever does reach that £58m price he would've been top scorer 3 times in the PL, ballon d'or winner and top scorer in the World Cup. The Shaw transfer that we got a lot of stick was similar to the Rio transfer 10 years ago where we paid £30m for a young defender. Buying a young player for big money is something that United has been doing years prior the Glazers took over and has been apart of our club status. We even paid a record £15m for Ronaldo as a teenager before Roomey came and broke it 12 years ago.

I've yet to see a source for these alleged clauses. The French and the Russians are saying €60m + €20m in bonuses that will be paid 100% within 4 years, making it the most expensive fee in history for a teenager or a French player. €80m is nearly double what any of the aforementioned players cost.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

The real clauses according to RMC

-10M euros if he plays 25 games with MU
-10M euros if he has 10 selections in French team
-10M euros if he is in the top 20 of Ballon d'or.

So he will cost at least €70m euros.

Last edited:

oggydude

The real clauses according to RMC

-10M euros if he plays 25 games with MU
-10M euros if he has 10 selections in French team
-10M euros if he is in the top 20 of Ballon d'or.

So he will cost at least €70m euros.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34107092
BBC is extremely reliable and accurate when it comes to United, and they stipulate the £36m going up to £58m, plus an add on of 10m euros if he plays 25 games at MU has to be the most stupidest add on in the history of football, 250 would be more believable but seriously how unlikely would it be for him not to play 25 games, MU are not that idiotic, stop bringing these ridiculous fees that the most reliable journalists don't acknowledge only because of your hatred towards United,

Jair Ventura

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34107092
BBC is extremely reliable and accurate when it comes to United, and they stipulate the £36m going up to £58m, plus an add on of 10m euros if he plays 25 games at MU has to be the most stupidest add on in the history of football, 250 would be more believable but seriously how unlikely would it be for him not to play 25 games, MU are not that idiotic, stop bringing these ridiculous fees that the most reliable journalists don't acknowledge only because of your hatred towards United,

RMC is French and broke the story so your English bias won't play here. Anyways, an add on that he play 25 games is no less stupid than an addon stating he must win the ballon d'or.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
[MENTION=19661]Juvens[/MENTION]

Lol at a PSG fan discrediting everything United does. I agree that they are not doing good business for a couple of years now and City and Chelsea are clearly ahead of them. But for a club that have been one of the biggest in Europe for decades it is normal to have difficult times.

United won the CL in 1968 when your PSG did not even exist.
In general you should think about the fact that there would be no CL club in Paris without QSI. Your club would be a little punching bag compared to clubs like United.

I have never really liked United btw and it annoys me how overrated BPL have been since years but most of your posts are ridiculous. Especially those considering French football and English football.

Jair Ventura

[MENTION=19661]Juvens[/MENTION]

Lol at a PSG fan discrediting everything United does. I agree that they are not doing good business for a couple of years now and City and Chelsea are clearly ahead of them. But for a club that have been one of the biggest in Europe for decades it is normal to have difficult times.

United won the CL in 1968 when your PSG did not even exist.
In general you should think about the fact that there would be no CL club in Paris without QSI. Your club would be a little punching bag compared to clubs like United.

I have never really liked United btw and it annoys me how overrated BPL have been since years but most of your posts are ridiculous. Especially those considering French football and English football.

I don't care that United use to be good. Same is true of a host of clubs. I care even less about Paris requiring capital investment to become competitive. Same applies to every business venture.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I don't care that United use to be good. Same is true of a host of clubs. I care even less about Paris requiring capital investment to become competitive. Same applies to every business venture.

Yeah, once upon a time it used to be about football, you know?

Home of Barca Fans