Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Rafinha tore his meniscus in 2017 and was out for almost 9 months. He hasn't had a relapse from it since I believe (he had other injuries including an ACL injury in late 2018).

Plus we have the renown Dr. Ramon Cugat at our disposal so I think Ansu will be fine.

khaled_a_d

Sane had a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury which had nothing to do with the cartilage though.

I think Fati will be fine, he can recover from it.

ACL are rarely torn alone, it happens but most cases has meniscus injury with it.

It's to do with cartlidge. When injured it never comes back. Its one of the worst injuries to get.

Depends on injury and treatment.
Some injuries are repaired with surgery, so no long term problem as you have your old knee back, but it needs longer time sidelined. Typically 3 month iirc.
Others has fragments removed, and this could have long term effect but that long term is dependent on severity, it could end players athletic ability early, but it could be more painful knee for him when he is 50.

malvolio

If Koeman benched him people would be fuming. Let's not be assholes right now. Injuries happen in football, Betis player made a bad tackle and injured him. It can happen to anyone.

I've banged on this drum since the start of the season. Nothing to do with his form afterwards or Koeman's decision.
As beautiful a story this is, you simply cannot throw a kid like him onto the biggest stage just because you where stupid enough not to have more experienced players at your disposal. Fati should have been given time and not played as sure starter this season. Reasons being fatigue(injuries included) or burnout(expectations not being met crush his morale).
Even Messi or Ronaldo weren't starting week in week out for Barcelona and ManUtd respectively, at 18 years old.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Meniscus injury in general is not that serious career wise.

But, the bad news is that Fati got injured after only a few Months of playing.
Which may be a pure bad luck or a sign that his legs, muscles, knees aren't as strong as in some other players.

For example: Messi, Cr7, Neymar, Zlatan all suffered thousands of career threatening tackles.
Messi was tackled 5-10 times per match, even by butchers like Pepe.

My point is:
Some guys get tackled 10 000 times and get 0-1 bad injury. (Messi, Cr7, Zlatan).

Others get an injury after each 100 tackles (let's say Neymar).

Some guys have more "elastic" ankles and knees and rarely get injured inspite of tons of nasty tackles 24/7.
Others get injured quite a lot during a similar amount of nasty tackles.

Raketa10

I've banged on this drum since the start of the season. Nothing to do with his form afterwards or Koeman's decision.
As beautiful a story this is, you simply cannot throw a kid like him onto the biggest stage just because you where stupid enough not to have more experienced players at your disposal. Fati should have been given time and not played as sure starter this season. Reasons being fatigue(injuries included) or burnout(expectations not being met crush his morale).
Even Messi or Ronaldo weren't starting week in week out for Barcelona and ManUtd respectively, at 18 years old.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that we should not rely on a 18y old kid but as I said this injury was a result of a bad tackle and not over-usage. People are expecting that Fati and Pedri will carry our team but they are still kids. They need to gain more muscles to be able to perform week in week out. Moreover, they should be handled wisely otherwise they might become injury prone and they won't reach their potential. I sincerely hope that Fati wont be rushed back, we simply can't take any risks with him.

Last edited:

Batistuta9

It's a shame he got injured, just when he cemented himself as a starter. Hopefully he comes back okay. Our recruitment has been so bad that an 18 year old has become one of our most important players.

Neeraj

I don't think we can afford to buy anyone; I'd look to loan in a winger in Jan, somebody from mid table La Liga who could give us a serviceable player. I think that's the best option given our financial situation, if we can even afford that. Until then, I want Trincao to be our winger - I don't care what he has shown or not shown, this is his time to grow and develop, since we have nobody else. Pedri showed once again that the Iniesta position is his best one, and I don't want him wasted on the LW.

ItachiXXX

Rafinha tore his meniscus in 2017 and was out for almost 9 months. He hasn't had a relapse from it since I believe (he had other injuries including an ACL injury in late 2018).

Plus we have the renown Dr. Ramon Cugat at our disposal so I think Ansu will be fine.

Fine like Dembele ? But for sure he will recover from this he is still young

serghei

How come he was allowed to play after his injury? He probably made the tear worse. Maybe it wasn't even a tear at first, only a lesion, and it aggravated by him continuing to play until HT.

Kul_z

Meniscus injury in general is not that serious career wise.

But, the bad news is that Fati got injured after only a few Months of playing.
Which may be a pure bad luck or a sign that his legs, muscles, knees aren't as strong as in some other players.

For example: Messi, Cr7, Neymar, Zlatan all suffered thousands of career threatening tackles.
Messi was tackled 5-10 times per match, even by butchers like Pepe.

My point is:
Some guys get tackled 10 000 times and get 0-1 bad injury. (Messi, Cr7, Zlatan).

Others get an injury after each 100 tackles (let's say Neymar).

Some guys have more "elastic" ankles and knees and rarely get injured inspite of tons of nasty tackles 24/7.
Others get injured quite a lot during a similar amount of nasty tackles.

Messi had a lot of injury problems in his early stage of career, he was sidelined for 4 months in 2006 after chelsea game, and then year after he was out for similar amount of time if i remember correctly against celtic. Fati should be fine if he listens to what the doctors say. He looks like a smart kid so i have no worries. But its a shame that he got injured now when he was in form

mc_lovin

Why do I get the feeling that BBZ enjoys this? Already spinning the narrative of weak and soft Fati. As of now its just been a bad tackle at high speed. No need to preach doom.

Home of Barca Fans