Ansu Fati

Messigician

Everyone calma we don't know how serious the tear is. His career might not necessarily be over. Wait for the club to release medical analysis.

THE MENISCUS TEAR

Almost everyone has a friend or relative that has had a ?knee cleanout? because of a torn meniscus. These are common injuries in the general population and are also common in football players. The meniscus is a crescent-shaped piece of cartilage located between the tibia and femur bones. There are two crescents, one on the inside (medial) and one on the outside (lateral) parts of the joint. These injuries typically occur when the knee is flexed and twisted, which puts the greatest amount of stress on the meniscus. They can be relatively minor, causing discomfort and swelling, to relatively major, causing mechanical knee problems such as locking on instability. Treatment is based on symptoms but often includes surgery. Meniscus tears often occur with other knee injuries, so treatment must be tailored to the circumstances. Surgery is done by arthroscopy (a ?scope?), where small tools are used through two small poke holes in front of the knee to trim away the damaged meniscus

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I actually had a meniscus tear two years ago. Decided not to intervene surgically, could not play football or run for 6-7 months while I was recovering. I still have some discomfort and only play with a knee brace, but you get used to it. Ofc real footballers get these injuries all the time and Ansu will receive the best treatment. Knee injuries are no joke. If he needs 5-6 months of rest, we should buy an attacker in January and not count on Ansu before the next season.

Messigician

📰 ? Everything points to Ansu Fati having a serious tear and needing surgery on his left knee he will be out 3-5 months [as]

Season over dawgs

Messigician

I actually had a meniscus tear two years ago. Decided not to intervene surgically, could not play football or run for 6-7 months while I was recovering. I still have some discomfort and only play with a knee brace, but you get used to it. Ofc real footballers get these injuries all the time and Ansu will receive the best treatment. Knee injuries are no joke. If he needs 5-6 months of rest, we should buy an attacker in January and not count on Ansu before the next season.

This is like so not what we want to hear right now.

I do not want our 18 year old to have chronic knee pain for the rest of his career

Fuck you Koeman for overplaying him

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

I do not want our 18 year old to hage chronic knee pain for the rest of his career

I have lingering discomfort only because I did not recover properly (and I do not really feel it when I do play nowadays). I used to play football on the interuniversity level but the injury put my career to an end :lol:. Ansu is young and can bounce back easily. The most important thing is that knee injuries do not become chronic for him. Plenty of football players had knee injuries at some point but it did not bother them afterwards.

malvolio

Another example of poor squad planning. Playing a kid as starter week in week out, no matter how talented he is. Fati should have been rotated this season with more experienced players.

Richard.H

Another example of poor squad planning. Playing a kid as starter week in week out, no matter how talented he is. Fati should have been rotated this season with more experienced players.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with you, but true. I don't think Koeman trusts Brathwaite or Trincao enough for them to be rotational starters.

malvolio

Can't believe I'm agreeing with you, but true. I don't think Koeman trusts Brathwaite or Trincao enough for them to be rotational starters.

Many in here banged the drum that we have a great attack and we'll survive. Turns out Fati is injured, Griezmann is shite as ever, Dembele is hot and cold + might get injured, Trincao is kind of shit and Braithwaite nowhere to be seen . Messi can't do it all and even he has issues.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I do not want our 18 year old to have chronic knee pain for the rest of his career

This has nothing to do with Koeman "overplaying" him. What other options do we have if Koeman didn't play him? Also, he didn't play 90 minutes in every game. Not to mention if older players can sustain that kind of intensity, a 18-year old should do even better.

And if Koeman didn't play him Koeman will be lynched by everyone.

Home of Barca Fans