Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

khaled_a_d

Among the talented 17-18 year old players people have seen, what tier would you rank Fati?

R9, Messi, Maradona, Pele would be top tier.

Is he in the Rooney, Neymar, Mbappe bracket? Lower?

Better (more accomplished) than most of them at 17
Way inferior than all of them at 18.

there is no "17-18 year old players" age bracket. The difference between the numbers and performance at 17 and 18 is ridiculous mate.
For example, at same age Mpabbe was playing the 15/16 season, 14 appearance with 1 goal and 2 assists. No CL appearance btw. Total minutes is 500

Messi had 1 goal, should glimpses of potential but nothing scream Bdor winner
CR7 more comparable may be? 5 goals and 4 assists at 31 games with with 1390 minutes in 2002/2003, though he was more than 8 months older than Fati, previous year he didn't play with 1st team.

Neymar and Rooney had a comparable output as him, probably showing more potential.

Bojan btw has done better than most of those at 17.

Fati is on 8 goals and 1 assist for 32 appearance and 1355 minutes. He is way superior.
Won't compare with Maradona & Pele since it was different sport at that time, the younger is 42 years older.

You look one season later, and all of those showed way better performance than him, it isn't even close.
Next year will be the one we will have more objective look at Fati. Won't start making comparisons before the season folds.

Riordon

I still dont want to jump on the hype train. He is a good talent for me but not a special talent. If you want to compare him to the likes mentioned then he need to produce a truly elite season next year. Not a elite season for a youngster but for an established footballer.

I dont see it in him. Not a upcoming superstar for me

Catta

If he can become a 20 a season league goal left forward, I will be more than happy. He doesn't need to be a superstar, to be a success for Barca

Devils

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I hope he becomes the youngest El Clasico scorer ever.

We can't let Vinicius keep hold of that.

Youngest ever is Raul, our youngest is Roger Garcia. Funny thing is they both scored in the same game.
Raul was 18 years and 95 days old, so Ansu has next season to break the record.

soul24rage

Youngest ever is Raul, our youngest is Roger Garcia. Funny thing is they both scored in the same game.
Raul was 18 years and 95 days old, so Ansu has next season to break the record.

oh thnx for the correction, Vini was the youngest to score in the 21st century.

Let's hope Ansu scores next season.

Messi983

If he can become a 20 a season league goal left forward, I will be more than happy. He doesn't need to be a superstar, to be a success for Barca

Agreed. And I believe he can develop into a 20 goals player.

But in the end it all depends what way we'll decide to go in post-Messi era offensive wise. Will we play with a natural killer like Haaland as a #9 who should be able to score 40 goals every season? Then having Fati and a more playmaking winger like Trincao (though I do believe in the right system he could also provide around 15 goals) alongside him could work. Would obviously also be great to have another more explosive winger like Dembele - not him personally as I've given up on him ever staying fit so try to find a similar player (obviously cheaper and not injury prone) - to rotate with them and give us more options. But if we'll have someone like Lautaro who will drop back all the time and struggle to score more than 20 goals then we'll need more contribution from the wingers and midfielders.

Anyway, I think when building a post-Messi team we should first concentrate to establish a defensive stability while we'll try to find a new offensive identity which won't be easy after playing every attack through Messi for years (yes, new players will be brought who will never play with Messi so that adaptation should be easier for them but some of our current youngsters who we have high hopes for will need to play a different way when Messi won't be around anymore if they'll want to become key players in a new team). No, I don't want us to turn into Atletico and win most games 1-0 but it would be good if we could still win some games relatively comfortable with a solid defense if/when we'll struggle to create chances and/or score for whatever reason.

And for that to happen we'll probably need to replace the entire back 4 (Lenglet could potentially stay as I think he'd look better having a faster more athletic CB and a more defensively solid LB alongside him but we can clearly upgrade on him as well) and find a good ball-winning midfielder who can cover a lot of ground to either play him in a double pivot alongside FDJ in 4-2-3-1 or as a box-to-box midfielder in 4-3-3.

mc_lovin

A 20 goals a season left winger IS a superstar. Just wanted to add that.

He looks close enough already as well. And I wouldnt say hes less talented than Greenwood for example, I think technically hes superior. He just lacks that bit of strength right now. But the difference between 17 and 18 years old should be massive like another user pointed out. Best La Masia generation we had in ages, I am hopeful.

Andresito

Staff member
Interesting predictions.

I don't think he'll fit as a #9, he doesn't have the body type and is too 'elegant'. Aguero in comparison has a lower centre of gravity and more aggression.

I think he'll become top 5 in his position but not consistently be a candidate for Ballon d'Or.
I'm guessing prime Pedro or at a stretch Ribery. Sure starter and very useful for both club and country but with bigger players around him.

Batistuta9

I think it's too early to say.

Definitely too early. Talent is not enough to be successful. He has the attributes to do well, but there are so many things that can go wrong. I just hope he is mentally strong and can cope with being seen as the new star of la masia.

I remember when bojan broke through and was called up for the Spain euro 2008 squad. He couldn't handle the pressure and withdrew from the squad. Not everyone can deal with it.

Home of Barca Fans