Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Was just a tad too selfish, but I cannot blame him, probably was frustrated looking at Suarez stinking up the place for the whole game.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This kid is the fucking TRUTH.

He doesn't just fit in, he stands out. He looked like he was on the same wavelength as Messi the other day and they were both doing whatever they wanted to, and now he continues to look like HE is the man with the plan in a 200 million euro offense subbing on in the last few minutes.

He performs very impressively in our atrocious away games. Unlike Suarez, Rakitic, Roberto, Busquets, Alba, etc. etc. etc. And then looks like a world class monster in the home games where everyone else isn't shitting the bed.

It is just a fact that he's been probably a top 3-5 performer at worst for us this season, and is probably our best or 2nd best performing attacker. Based on sheer performances he has probably been better than Griezmann, and while Messi looks great he has barely played.

Ansu-Griez-Messi is far and away our best front line this season. Suarez and Dembele do not come close.

How crazy is it that it would probably be a disastrous mistake to NOT rely on a 16 year old kid in the CL. I don't think we could win it without Ansu if we have Suarez/Dembele out there :lol:

Nello

This kid oozes class. Deserves to start next match.
He did really well, amazing have much he brings to the team offensively compared to someone like Suarez. I like him as a sub however, don't think we should put too much pressure on him just yet, and he shouldn't be relied on too much.

As a sub, he'll still get minutes to develop without too much pressure. He can play as a starter in Copa games and some easy home games maybe.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Dreaming of de Jong, Arthur, Puig & Ansu becoming our new Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta & Messi in the near future.

Say what you will about La Masia but its at least providing us something to work with now and hopefully will be improving once Patrick is able to really see his vision begin to be implemented.

Our ability to produce this sort of level of player is really staggering and yet again, re-emphasizes why we should never deviate from our format. Its amazing to me that Ansu already understands our positional play, after only being with the first team for a month or two, and is already getting the timing of when to play passes, when to cut in, go down the line, draw defenders etc. better than Dembele, who has been here for three seasons now. Not only does it speak to Ansu's talent but crucially demonstrates what the end result looks like when we successfully move our youth up the ranks.

He is an absolute joy to behold. The only positive we've had this season.

serghei

An extra cautious approach is not the best in case of very prodigious talents like Ansu.

The kid is showing he can cope with the level of senior football even against strong La Liga sides like Valencia and Villareal.

So, why not play him? Maybe have him an experienced 19 year old player, like Mbappe is. Instead of allowing him to make the first steps at this age.

Mbappe at 18 years old was playing for Monaco in Ligue 1. No reason why Ansu can't play at 17 for Barcelona.

Camp Nou games are perfect for his development. And it's not like we're sacrificing anything. He'd be playing based on his performances.

Last edited:
Dreaming of de Jong, Arthur, Puig & Ansu becoming our new Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta & Messi in the near future.

Say what you will about La Masia but its at least providing us something to work with now and hopefully will be improving once Patrick is able to really see his vision begin to be implemented.

Our ability to produce this sort of level of player is really staggering and yet again, re-emphasizes why we should never deviate from our format. Its amazing to me that Ansu already understands our positional play, after only being with the first team for a month or two, and is already getting the timing of when to play passes, when to cut in, go down the line, draw defenders etc. better than Dembele, who has been here for three seasons now. Not only does it speak to Ansu's talent but crucially demonstrates what the end result looks like when we successfully move our youth up the ranks.

He is an absolute joy to behold. The only positive we've had this season.

I do not think Fati is better than Dembélé.
we must be satisfied to have in the team 2 entertaining players.

Porque

To be fair to Valverde, he is managing Ansu very well so far. I just hope we let him go to the U17 World Cup and feel the game against his age level and hopefully win it. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and a great tournament to experience.

Takes the pressure of the classico away too and gives space to Dembele to find his level with less congestion.

Obiaseti

So glad he's getting chances. I'm in the give the kid as much playtime as possible camp. It'll be massive for his development in the next few years. I'm impressed by how measured his decision making is for someone so young.

Home of Barca Fans