Andy Carroll

Ataraxia

I dont understand this "Carrol was banging them at Newcastle". It was half a season. He looked good alright, but Demba Ba right now looks even better than Carroll not only scoring wise but in all areas, and yet Demba Ba isn't in any way worth 40 million. Many other players in this half a season are looking good as well and that might vanish to nowhereland.

There are many things that should be taken into consideration aside from his age ... what can he do ? his characteristics are not even worth 40 million even if he ends up turning a great player. He's just a tall forward who will help his team now and then score some goals through cool headers, and hold play at the very most, he has no Ibrahimovic talent or much pace or anything extraordinary. Adebayor could have filled that role for much better guarantee and for much less price and without this huge expectation of "fulfilling potential" which is crazy because he really never showed anything genuinely promising aside from being a young 21 year old englishman.

Jenks

Na, Liverpool just had £50m in their pocket from the Torres deal and desperately needed a striker, quick. At the time, Carroll was banging them in, and he is also young, so all things considered, the deal didn't look half as bad then as it does now. Even now though, they lost Torres and gained £20m plus Carroll. Not the end of the world.

ammarfcb

ze special one
I dont understand this "Carrol was banging them at Newcastle". It was half a season. He looked good alright, but Demba Ba right now looks even better than Carroll not only scoring wise but in all areas, and yet Demba Ba isn't in any way worth 40 million. Many other players in this half a season are looking good as well and that might vanish to nowhereland.

it's simple carroll is english.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
This whole debate is....blasphemous. To say the least. Carroll= Horse falling over a ball a few pages back. Villa= European and world champion not to mention Spain's all time top scorer.
I just....mind=blown.

Banana-Rama

This might be hard for some to accept, but Caroll is shit. He'll ultimately go down as the biggest waste of money in modern football. In 10 years, people will still be discussing new transfers saying something to the effect of "Well, if Carroll is worth 40 million, x player is at least worth 50 billion".

Any comparisons with Villa, no matter how stats are manipulated, are downright laughable. Start comparing to Heskey, that's the maximum level Carroll can aspire to.

nah sorry to break it to you mate but 57 million plus etoo for ibrahimovic is worse then 35 million for carroll, barcelona valued ibrahimovic at close to 100 million..........

Manuel Traquete

nah sorry to break it to you mate but 57 million plus etoo for ibrahimovic is worse then 35 million for carroll, barcelona valued ibrahimovic at close to 100 million..........

No, it isn't. Ibra has a great track record and has been a top quality striker for many years. Rating him so highly was absurd, but nowhere near as insane as giving 35 million for a player with less than 40 goals in a career mostly spent in the Championship and who frankly doesn't have any outstanding qualities.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Carroll will come good...............you haterz :lol:

I will feel very vindicated when he starts banging them in. Just hopefully not on friday against his old club. I'm going for a Newcastle 3-0 win against Liverpool with Demba Ba scoring a hat-trick.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Carroll will come good...............you haterz :lol:

I will feel very vindicated when he starts banging them in. Just hopefully not on friday against his old club. I'm going for a Newcastle 3-0 win against Liverpool with Demba Ba scoring a hat-trick.

I'm going with 1-1 and an absoloute borefest

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Such a borefest... any discussion involving Mr. IWantAttention! Comparing Carroll to Villa!? Jesus is weeping inside his grave :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans