Andy Carroll

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
nah sorry to break it to you mate but 57 million plus etoo for ibrahimovic is worse then 35 million for carroll, barcelona valued ibrahimovic at close to 100 million..........

It was 46 million, and it's nowhere as bad as Carroll. You've gotta be kidding me.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Andrew Thomas Carroll is a BEAST.

Liverpool are just fucking retarded and have a team that is ill-suited to using him. they play fast on-the-deck football with lots of positional interchange; but he's a classic #9 who, although he can move more than you'd think, is not capable of playing such high intensity football. if you put Carroll at the head of, say, United's attack, or Chelsea's attack, or pretty much anyone not named Arsenal, Liverpool or Swansea's attack... he'd show what a beast he really is.

also you can tell he doesn't want to be there, not really. he didn't want to leave Newcastle but Ashley forced him out the door.

I feel bad for the kid. Liverpool signed him because they wanted to reassure fans that all was not lost after selling Xabi, Mascherano & Torres (aka their 3 best players) in the space of 18 months. really tho, if they wanted to sign him, they shouldn't have signed Suarez and should have brought Ashley Young in. if you have Carroll in your team, you need to cross the ball regularly and with quality.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
As much as I consider Ibra overrated, Liverpool's purchase of Carroll, outdid even our own stupidity.

no it didn't.

I wish it did. but no, it didn't even come close.

sure, in terms of the fee alone it's much worse, especially as he helped us win a League Title, but when you look at the wage situation and how much that actually cost us? even though we cut our losses after a year? woof. read Swiss Ramble's blog on the subject. it'll curdle your blood.

Zqa-

@Meta,
He is not a beast. He can come good tho', but as you say Liverpool will need to build their team around him. Which will cost even more money they don't have. That said, the price for him was ridiculous, just like the fee they paid for Henderson. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Liverpool are just fucking retarded and have a team that is ill-suited to using him. they play fast on-the-deck football with lots of positional interchange; but he's a classic #9 who, although he can move more than you'd think, is not capable of playing such high intensity football. if you put Carroll at the head of, say, United's attack, or Chelsea's attack, or pretty much anyone not named Arsenal, Liverpool or Swansea's attack... he'd show what a beast he really is.

also you can tell he doesn't want to be there, not really. he didn't want to leave Newcastle but Ashley forced him out the door.

I feel bad for the kid. Liverpool signed him because they wanted to reassure fans that all was not lost after selling Xabi, Mascherano & Torres (aka their 3 best players) in the space of 18 months. really tho, if they wanted to sign him, they shouldn't have signed Suarez and should have brought Ashley Young in. if you have Carroll in your team, you need to cross the ball regularly and with quality.

+1

B

barcelonista

He has the first touch of a horse. In fact, I'll never get this gif out of my head whenever I see Carroll:

rvye5pmg.gif

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

Liverpool are just fucking retarded and have a team that is ill-suited to using him. they play fast on-the-deck football with lots of positional interchange; but he's a classic #9 who, although he can move more than you'd think, is not capable of playing such high intensity football. if you put Carroll at the head of, say, a bandit attack... he'd show what a beast he really is.

Spot on.

Home of Barca Fans