Andriy Yarmolenko

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
But didn't his release clause go up to 30m? And it was at 18m?

From the article you posted:

Nolito remains on Barca’s agenda as another option and Sport cites a report from ESPN that says his Celta Vigo contract contains a clause that lowers his price if the Catalans make a bid, but it only applies to Barca.

The fee would drop from the €30m called for by Nolito’s new contract to between €12m and €15m.

anguy

If we can get Nolito for €12m-€15m, I'd rather have him.

I disagree. Yarmolenko is higher reward (higher risk too) signing. He's younger than NOlito and has higher ceiling. We need to act more like Madrid and start buying younger players, not forwards like Nolito who might have just 2 years in them on top level. And Yarmolenko shouldn't cost more than Nolito in winter, he'll have just 6 months until the end of his contract so he will be cheap.

More interesting is how will we play him if he comes. If he will be super backup for all 3 positions or will the tactics change to acomodate him (like when he replaces Suarez will he move to center or RW and Messi will go to his old False 9 position)?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

If he will be super backup for all 3 positions or will the tactics change to acomodate him (like when he replaces Suarez will he move to center or RW and Messi will go to his old False 9 position)?

That doesn't make any sense. If he "replaces" Suarez, it will just be as substitute or on rotation. So he will be that backup you spoke of right before. He is not good enough and never will be, to permanently replaces Suarez in the coming years.

serghei

Very good player to have in your squad. He won't play unless one from the trio gets injured/suspended/rested, and if he still wants to come knowing that, fine by me. Sign him up, he has qualities and is pretty young. People want young, talented and hard working players these days, and for the right price, I have nothing against this deal.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That doesn't make any sense. If he "replaces" Suarez, it will just be as substitute or on rotation. So he will be that backup you spoke of right before. He is not good enough and never will be, to permanently replaces Suarez in the coming years.

Of course nobody is as good as Suarez at what he does so in this sense he is very hard to replace, but come on Ryu, you are still sulking over his alleged subbing of the Bundesliga? Don't be so quick to say ABC or XYZ will never be good etc. Many Bayern fans didn't like the Costa transfer at all when it was announced, now he is like a fan favorite? ;)

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Of course nobody is as good as Suarez at what he does so in this sense he is very hard to replace, but come on Ryu, you are still sulking over his alleged subbing of the Bundesliga? Don't be so quick to say ABC or XYZ will never be good etc. Many Bayern fans didn't like the Costa transfer at all when it was announced, now he is like a fan favorite? ;)

I was actually just remarking that the specific "or" syntax didn't make any sense. :p Of course, in three or four years, when Suarez is too old to be top level, things might be different.

anguy

What I meant that he could either be a plug-in sub and stay on the original position (for example Suarez is subbed and Yarmolenko becomes new Center Forward, if Neymar he becomes LW), or the attacking shape will change by moving Yarmolenko to RW and Messi to 9, when Suarez is out.

I'm not sure how versatile he is, but he seems to play much better on RW, so I'd prefer second option.

I disagree. Yarmolenko is higher reward (higher risk too) signing. He's younger than NOlito and has higher ceiling. We need to act more like Madrid and start buying younger players, not forwards like Nolito who might have just 2 years in them on top level. And Yarmolenko shouldn't cost more than Nolito in winter, he'll have just 6 months until the end of his contract so he will be cheap.

More interesting is how will we play him if he comes. If he will be super backup for all 3 positions or will the tactics change to acomodate him (like when he replaces Suarez will he move to center or RW and Messi will go to his old False 9 position)?

We also have to consider the fact that he'd be joining in January, the beginning of the most crucial part of the season.

I get that he has higher ceiling, and agree with it whole-heartedly. But, if we consider when he'll be coming in, we can't let him have a period to start finding his feet, as each passing match gains more importance. That's why Nolito would be a better signing. Lucho knows the player inside out, and knows what he's getting. Nolito will integrate into the squad WAY more quickly, and won't have to adjust to a new league. There's no language barrier, adapting to a new country, etc.

And anyway, from Yarmolenko's POV, this move doesn't make sense. He's a RW, and isn't that effective in the other positions (from what I've seen). Messi will always play as much as possible, so he'll get even less minutes. Nolito will be a like for like replacement for Pedro on the LW, which is what we need.

Butaan4barca

nolito over him anyday. one of those players who might succeed if given full freedom and set in primary roles, but not sure how he is going to play if asked to play under the shadow of messi, suarez, neymar, iniesta. As, he will without doubt be asked to change his style and pass the ball quickly to them, which clearly will change his game.

anguy

And anyway, from Yarmolenko's POV, this move doesn't make sense. He's a RW, and isn't that effective in the other positions (from what I've seen). Messi will always play as much as possible, so he'll get even less minutes. Nolito will be a like for like replacement for Pedro on the LW, which is what we need.

It is not certain at all that Messi will play sa much as last season. He might become injuried, or simply tired. And like I said we can change our front three quite easily to accomodate Yarmolenko on RW. Let's say we need to sub Ney or Suarez. Messi moves to AM/False 9. Yarmolenko to RW and Neymar/Suarez to LW. If Messi doesn't play he can be replaced by Rafinha as AM/F9 or by Yarmolenko directly on RW.

If Messi doesn't play he can be replaced by Rafinha as AM in False 9 formation or directly by Yarmolenko in original formation. We tried to play similar formation at he beginning of last season with Neymar and Munir on flanks. It failed, because Munir was poor on wing so Alves had too much to do.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans