Andriy Yarmolenko

xavi_the_Boss

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dynamo Kyiv President "German Bundesliga is not the level of Yarmolenko. He will only join a English or Spanish top club "</p>— FutbolUkraine (@FutbolUkraine) <a href="https://twitter.com/FutbolUkraine/status/638075027171184640">30. August 2015</a></blockquote>[/tw]

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yarmolenko "When the transfer window closes on Tuesday then I will Tell the media all details about offers and transfer rumours"</p>— FutbolUkraine (@FutbolUkraine) <a href="https://twitter.com/FutbolUkraine/status/638075279064330240">30. August 2015</a></blockquote>[/tw]

Last edited:

Adversus

So I guess that Rules Everton out? They aren't exactly a Top English Club.

Harsh. The owner has actually said publicly that Everton do qualify as a top club. I think he never planned to sell him to anyone this window.

It would appear we are his first choice after Barca although it's debatable whether Barca are actually interested.

xXKonan

Harsh. The owner has actually said publicly that Everton do qualify as a top club. I think he never planned to sell him to anyone this window.

It would appear we are his first choice after Barca although it's debatable whether Barca are actually interested.
Yeah I was reading some quotes from the president and they actually liked Everton's offer but the problem was it was Far to late for them to make a deal as they wouldn't have time to buy a Replacement. Honestly I have no clue if we are truly interested in Yarmolenko though, could be a Fabrication by Sport.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

"German Bundesliga is not the level of Yarmolenko. He will only join a English or Spanish top club"

Yeah, the guy would basically wreck clubs like Bayern, Wolfsburg or Leverkusen on his own. Kiev themselves would probably thresh Bayern 10:0 over two legs.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Why on earth would any sane person sell Pedro to replace him with Yarmolenko?

Good question indeed. Now we have the ban and chance to test if Munir and Sandro are up to the task - if not, just sign a young talent like Vietto (still bummed Atletico signed him) and give him a lot of trust + rotate a lot in 'easier' games with Ney and Suarez and give him all Copa games etc.

Stric

I may be mistaken, but I don't see anyone suggesting that Yarmolenko is the better player. Certainly not FCB. Also, this is not about ditching Pedro and looking for someone to replace him with. Some of you make it sound like some sort of an idiotic plot by the club. The club never wanted to sell Pedro. He wanted to leave, and the buyer paid his buyout. Nothing more to it.

anguy

I may be mistaken, but I don't see anyone suggesting that Yarmolenko is the better player. Also, this is not about ditching Pedro and looking for someone to replace him with. Some of you make it sound like some sort of an idiotic plot by the club. The club never wanted to sell Pedro. He wanted to leave, and the buyer paid his buyout. Nothing more to it.

They never paid his buyout. His buyout with taxes would have been 45m, they paid 30. We sold him to them. Also it is not far fetched to assume Yarmolenko COULD be better player than Pedro. Pedro was always very overrated here. More risky yes, because Pedro was "proven" here, but Yarmolenko has huge potential. And Costa case shows us that players from Ukraine league can be top stars in top team. Also I like the fact that he's taller and can play across the front line (Pedro was quite versatile too, but he could play just on wings).

Adversus

Yeah I was reading some quotes from the president and they actually liked Everton's offer but the problem was it was Far to late for them to make a deal as they wouldn't have time to buy a Replacement. Honestly I have no clue if we are truly interested in Yarmolenko though, could be a Fabrication by Sport.

The big question is why we left it so late in the window. I'm not saying we would have got him but what the president said makes a lot of sense. I don't know if we will get him in January as Barca are definitely his first choice so it remains to be seen whether Barca are actually interested but if not I would love to get him. At the moment I think we missed our chance but if we have a good first half to the season and are in and around the champions league places he might see us as a good move in January but he will certainly have plenty of other offers.

He's a good player though and I think there's a decent chance Barca might actually take him especially since they missed out on Nolito.

xXKonan

Barcelona plan to sign Dynamo Kyiv forward Andriy Yarmolenko (25) in January. He rejected Everton move despite Dynamo accepting bid. [sport]

I've also read he plans on Discussing some of the transfer rumors this week.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans