Andres Iniesta

Joan

Lol. Who is going to play in his position. Both Denis and Coutinho are more wingers than midfielders. Gomes is a hell no!

What position? This one in 433? Nobody other than Roberto maybe. That's why we should go back to 442.

M

MessiCam

There is nobody available on the market that we could realistically replace him with. Just have to adapt and find a new way of playing like when Xavi declined/left.

I’m not asking for a replacement. I’m asking who is going to play in his position so he can rest?

M

MessiCam

What position? This one in 433? Nobody other than Roberto maybe. That's why we should go back to 442.

It doesn’t matter. LM or CM...

Playing 4-4-2 with Coutinho and Iniesta is just reckless though. It basically ends up being a 4-2-2-2 like against Alaves. Counters galore ensue.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I still can't get over him playing entire match. How can't Valverde realize fresh Iniesta could be key in our CL campaign.

Don't want to go full Zincubus but I would like to hear Valverde's reasoning behind it.

JamDav1982

I still can't get over him playing entire match. How can't Valverde realize fresh Iniesta could be key in our CL campaign.

Don't want to go full Zincubus but I would like to hear Valverde's reasoning behind it.

Probably because game was still in balance and he looked the player on pitch having least difficulty with the conditions.

Horatio

You're welcome

He can get enough rest after Valencia game. Game against Eibar won't be until 9 days later if he is rested against Getafe.

Riordon

We have a lots of midfielders. But we still can't rest Don Andreas because no one is close to him. Our midfield without Iniesta is useless. Even at this age he is better than Coutinho, let alone Gomes and Denis.

JamDav1982

We have a lots of midfielders. But we still can't rest Don Andreas because no one is close to him. Our midfield without Iniesta is useless. Even at this age he is better than Coutinho, let alone Gomes and Denis.

He isnt better than Coutinho and in last three games he missed in league won 2-0 away to Atletico, 2-0 away to Villareal and 5-0 away to Betis.

xXKonan

Think part of it is also a sign of trust by Valverde, despite buying Coutinho, Iniesta is still very much important to him.

I wouldn't be against Iniesta playing more if we had Coutinho for the CL but we don't and considering Iniesta's age and muscle injury history it's a gamble to play him so much in a short span.

Home of Barca Fans