Andres Iniesta

booge

I suppose that was abit harsh. It's just when I am watch him play I can't help but compare the performance to his former self.

When he got on that left flank, he kept running into trouble. It did not help having Digne on that flank.

BusiTheKing

The best thing he did last night was put in a cross and people are calling his performance phenomenal. I think his contribution is being severely overrated on here.

He sort of keeps trying but simply doesn't really have the knack for unlocking defenses anymore. At most, he can cause slight and intermediate disbalances in the oppenents organization with a clever unexpected touch that lets him drift past his man. But does it ever really amount to more? Very rarely, I'd say.

Even his crucial touches were bad in some situations and messed up promising attacks. Don't let his trademark flair distract you from that his contribution is mostly cosmetic these days. I feel a big similarity to Xavi 14/15 and we only really moved on to become a great side once Rakitic took over for real.

BarcaJack

I don't think any existing player (except God-mode Messi) is capable of "unlocking" an organized defense. Iniesta wasn't MOTM (of course MOTM is Messi, he scored a freekick to give us 3 points) , but he's good enough. At least in the slightly chaotic situation he's the one with a clear mind.

henias

Lol some people taking the piss. He was easily MOTM if not for Messi, he completed all his dribbles, made the tight spaces look like nothing, him and Messi were a class above all and the rest were shit.

pregra

When the pitch was at it’s worst, he was literally the only player able to control/dribble the football. Heck, some of our other players really struggled even to comprehend that the pitch was extremely wet and didn’t adjust at all...

FinBarcelonafan

When the pitch was at it’s worst, he was literally the only player able to control/dribble the football. Heck, some of our other players really struggled even to comprehend that the pitch was extremely wet and didn’t adjust at all...

True. Iniesta is just on a different level to others controlling the ball.(other than Messi)

Home of Barca Fans