Andrei Arshavin

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He is quite a fair player though, Barcelona could do with someone revamping their tainted reputation for bad sportsmanship.

Ha ha...Nice try

Yeah, I'd take Cesc over Arshavin, today...Always better to go with one of 'your own' as opposed to a foreign player...Still, Arshavin is an unabashed Barca fan...for years...Shame it didn't work out for him but you move on

Merv

Wow, had no idea that Arsenal fans had soured so much on Arshavin. Seems public opinion has changed since he first came to the club. I haven't seen any of the matches since the CL game. I know there has been a big 'to do' over recent comments about him wanting to play at Barca. He doesn't really give off the vibe that he is loyal to his club, does he?

zanela

Actually, Villa can play at the same positions as Arhavin. Striker, LW and even AM. About durability, you can never be certain of that. But one thing I'm certain of is the older a player gets, the slower he'll be.

Arshavin can play both wings and hes a much better AM than Villa, who true can assist but i'm not sure he'll be comfortable playing alongside Xavi in Midfield. And yes, players become slower with age but Arshavin can give us a good 3 years before our youngsters(GD) can takeover full-time and then he can be our sub...which i expect the same from Villa if he came here.

Iniesta get injured, Keita, Messi or even Toure can play in his position. And we always have our B team. ;) Why spend money if we have enough talent in the youth ranks?
I'm surprised you still think Keita is a worthy replacement for Iniesta after his abysmal performances. In terms of Creativity, he is a big FAT ZERO. One of the reasons everyone 've been crying out for someone like Cesc. Toure is primarily a DM and although he can do a job in the forward role in the small games he can't offer what Iniesta can on the big stage. Messi CAN play AM but hes pretty wasted there and hes shown to be more effective as RF just like Iniesta CAN play wings but is most effective in midfield.
I'm all for the youth cause(much more than a lot of them here) but none of them are ready YET to don the full-time role in our team. The 2 Inter game highlighted the deficiencies in players/positions that needs filling.
BTW, i'm advocating Arshavin's signing along with Villa and/or Cesc. In short, i love the Russian to play for us. ;)

As for the russian being lazy blah blah blah...Since his arrival in london hes always complained about the city (the food, the women, the weather, his team's lack of squad depth etc)....When a player is unhappy somewhere hes hardly gonna give his all in every match. It's natural. Also if i were playing for Arsenal i too would become lazy after a while when you know regardless of any contribution the team 'll always finish 3rd/4th at best every year...now that isn't a very attractive incentive is it? :lol: Yes, others do it, but none of them on their team changed leagues only for the sole purpose of tasting success at the highest level and at 28 which means he isn't getting any younger to keep waiting, indicative of his frustration.
Now add all the above + the fact hes been a devoted culé all his life. where would he rather be at this point in his career? As for his work rate, when he moves to his dream club it 'll all change.. He is agile and fast. Pep 'll make sure he does. More importantly, he'll put in a better shift for his dream club ...it always works :D (no comparisons to Ibra here who basically faked about his affiliations upon joining us which he did just for CL glory+ his built restricts his mobility on the pitch)

Arshavin has the talent AND a blaugrana at heart. I can't believe how any culé can say NO to the lovely Russian. He ia true culé and deserves to play for us before he retires. So now is the time we could utilise his talent and he could fulfill his dream...

Estel, you want to know the difference...? Robinwho is a merc, c*** and an ex-madridista. Andrei is a culé. Thats a HUGE difference. But i know you won't be happy with just that...So there is more for you...The latter for his stature is better built and more strong on the ball. He is also more versatile and has a better shot in him. He is a better dribbler & doesn't need to rely on retarded ineffective stepovers. Andre being 3 yrs younger is also faster than Robinwho with/without the ball.
:)

Last edited:
G

Gold Member

Arshavin has already said that the russian paper translated it wrong.

robinho is an ok man actually... but i see u base your views on reading goal.com.

zanela

Arshavin has already said that the russian paper translated it wrong.

Arshavin has always maintained he is a culé. Whether it was translated right/wrong is irrelevant in this instance. May be you should do a bit of reading on the Russian.

robinho is an ok man actually... but i see u base your views on reading goal.com.

Robinwho has always had prob with every club hes been to. Btw what is goal.com? Never heard of it. The fact that you know of it means you're the one who reads it. :)

G

Gold Member

Arshavin has always maintained he is a culé. Whether it was translated right/wrong is irrelevant in this instance. May be you should do a bit of reading on the Russian.

I suggest u read this.

Robinwho has always had prob with every club hes been to. Btw what is goal.com? Never heard of it. The fact that you know of it means you're the one who reads it. :)

U know what goal.com is. If you don't u live in a bubble or somewhere that doesn't have much internet. But I know your lying. :wave:

robinho married his childhood girl, how many footballers do that? he also gives generously to chairty. Yea he is such a bad guy... but you obv h8 him so your viewpoint is biased and incorrect.

desoe

Since his arrival in london hes always complained about the city (the food, the women, the weather, his team's lack of squad depth etc)....When a player is unhappy somewhere hes hardly gonna give his all in every match. It's natural.

This is a ridiculous way to explain why a player you like is shite in 80% of the time, really. Next time don't forget the TV and radio shows, the quality of the gas in London and maybe the fact that Prince Charles is bald. ;)

How natural is that really. To be so biased that you point out THE WOMEN in London as a reason why he's a shite, wow :D

zanela

So?...Like i said, him being a culé has nothing to do with what was/wasn't said in this instance. Read a bit on the Russian's past or go back n read this topic.

U know what goal.com is. If you don't u live in a bubble or somewhere that doesn't have much internet. But I know your lying. :wave:

My internet provider has blocked a lot of shitty websites...

robinho married his childhood girl, how many footballers do that? he also gives generously to chairty. Yea he is such a bad guy... but you obv h8 him so your viewpoint is biased and incorrect.

There are a lot of footballers who marry their childhood girls and give generously to charity.(some do it genuinely n some for publicity stunt)...Not all our saints. The fact is Robinwho plays for Santos due to his probs with the club who owns him. And i think hes found his right match this time. :)

This is a ridiculous way to explain why a player you like is shite in 80% of the time, really. Next time don't forget the TV and radio shows, the quality of the gas in London and maybe the fact that Prince Charles is bald. ;)

How natural is that really. To be so biased that you point out THE WOMEN in London as a reason why he's a shite, wow :D

haha...wasn't trying to imply the london women to be THE reason hes shite...I was merely restating what he said. Hes made it obvious a lot of the times hes unhappy there. Also you seem to 've overlooked all the other points i've made. I'm sorry, but he is not shite 80% of the time, thats an exaggeration. He was quite impressive for them in his first few mnths and his campaign this season has suffered due to injuries.

G

Gold Member

So?...Like i said, him being a culé has nothing to do with what was/wasn't said in this instance. Read a bit on the Russian's past or go back n read this topic.

My internet provider has blocked a lot of shitty websites...

There are a lot of footballers who marry their childhood girls and give generously to charity.(some do it genuinely n some for publicity stunt)...Not all our saints. The fact is Robinwho plays for Santos due to his probs with the club who owns him. And i think hes found his right match this time. :)

omg u r ridiculous... You don't know what goal.com is but you know its "shitty"? ur lying and thats wrong just like ur opinion.

Andrei used to support barcelona as a child and admires them now. but he isn't a cule.

name pro footballers who married their childhood gf. i bet you cant name 10. robinho did not do it as a publicity stunt. he didnt tell the papers. some1 else did.

what is wrong with englands women? all the ones ive seen have been nice. where do u live that has better women? brazil?

Last edited:

zanela

omg u r ridiculous... You don't know what goal.com is but you know its "shitty"? ur lying and thats wrong just like ur opinion.

If the website is blocked means it HAS to be shitty 'cause my IP only blocks the shitty ones. You're stupid.

Andrei used to support barcelona as a child and admires them now. but he isn't a cule.

He has supported us even when he was at Zenit. He IS a culé, always has been.

name pro footballers who married their childhood gf. i bet you cant name 10. robinho did not do it as a publicity stunt. he didnt tell the papers. some1 else did.

Rooney, kaka, have all married their childhood gfs...i'm sure there are many but i'm not obssessed with footballer's personal lives to be bothered which girl they 're all married to. And it's funny how you are using this as an argument to make Robinho look like a good guy...Hey, he is married his childhood girl. So he must be a good guy. :lol:

what is wrong with englands women? all the ones ive seen have been nice. where do u live that has better women? brazil?

Do you've a prob understanding whats written?....Did I say there is something wrong with English women?

You seem to wanna argue just for the sake of it. Methinks you're that city fan who got banned.

Last edited:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Hey Goldie, pls don't take it to personal level, we all like reading a good debate and if u have good arguments d be nice reading your discussion with zanela or others, but u use all she says to attack and underest her, come on ...am sure your 'mini u' has better manners :D

G

Gold Member

I'm not here to cause problems. But i dont come on here to get talked down to. there is just so much arrogance in her posts...

Home of Barca Fans