André Gomes

F

Flavia

I tend to agree with you . I have very high hopes for Gomes and hopefully we will see him ousting Rakitic out of the starting lineup ideally before Xmas . I also seeing Arda playing more and maybe sharing time with Iniesta !?!

Ousting Rakitic? Before xmas? Not happening. Rakitic is vital to Barça now. And hopefully arda won't play as a midfielder anymore for us. Gomes is very promising, and I think he'll have a great future here, but he won't oust Raki any time soon.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I tend to agree with you . I have very high hopes for Gomes and hopefully we will see him ousting Rakitic out of the starting lineup ideally before Xmas . I also seeing Arda playing more and maybe sharing time with Iniesta !?!
Arda would probably never be playing in the mid field anymore.... For one he has done bit better as LF than he did as a midfielder and secondly, there's Denis.

Gomes may earn his place in Rakitic's position in future.... But he will have to wait I guess

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Give him at least 6 months, than we can judge. But ffs - we've been complaining about a weak bench for 5 seasons, now we have a couple of players to throw in to change a game (Gomes, Arda, Denis, Alcácer) and young defenders and people still complain.

F

Flavia

Give him at least 6 months, than we can judge. But ffs - we've been complaining about a weak bench for 5 seasons, now we have a couple of players to throw in to change a game (Gomes, Arda, Denis, Alcácer) and young defenders and people still complain.

Pretty much. I think people love to whine. Before it was "bayern and rm have much better squads", now it's "we spent too much for this 'crap' player".

valonquar

Damn did Rakitic beat you up and take you lunch money or what? :lol:

xXKonan

According to MD, Lucho's technical staff believe Gomes has the skill set and talent and overall profile to be our new DM behind Busi.

they mention also their were hints of it during the 2nd leg of the Super Copa of Lucho trying something different with Gomes. Gomes at times would sit deeper and Busi would Push up.

gasgas

According to MD, Lucho's technical staff believe Gomes has the skill set and talent and overall profile to be our new DM behind Busi.

they mention also their were hints of it during the 2nd leg of the Super Copa of Lucho trying something different with Gomes. Gomes at times would sit deeper and Busi would Push up.

They must be out of their minds

BBZ8800

For people who have hopes for Samper to be our "long term" Busi's replacement, take a hint:
= for Lucho and technical staff, every player is a better pick as a Cdm than Samper
1. Busi
2. Mascherano
3. Roberto
4. Gomes

gasgas

Gomes is a CM/AM not a DM

Once again we have started mixing up player positions
Song....CB
Arda....CM
Luisito..RW
Cesc.....False 9
Vidal...RB
Ibrahimovic...RW

it never ends for us i guess

BBZ8800

Gomes is a CM/AM not a DM

Once again we have started mixing up player positions
Song....CB
Arda....CM
Luisito..RW
Cesc.....False 9
Vidal...RB
Ibrahimovic...RW

it never ends for us i guess

Sometimes it ends well, though.

Puyol was a poor RB turned into our best CB ever.
Xavi started as a defensively weak Cdm transformed into one of the best Cms ever.
Rakitic was a Cf and Amc turned into a workhorse Cm for our team.
Roberto was an allround midfielder, turned into a good RB, as it seems.
Mascherano was awesome Cdm, turned into a very good Cb for our team.
Marquez was a Cb who played as a Cdm for the whole season when we had injuries at Cdm for Edmilson and Motta (we even won a title).

There are lots of other good and bad examples.
These transformations don't always end bad.

I have read a few days ago that Halilovic will now play in his new team as a Cm and Acm, not as a winger anymore.
His new coach wants him to create from midfield and to have ball as much as possible.
It happens all the time.

Home of Barca Fans