André Gomes

serghei

Good then, I want to see him starting vs Alaves on Camp Nou. He needs to get used to what Barca football means. Being sharp is key, as Arda Turan found out this season.

xXKonan

Gomes is returning to Barcelona after picking up a Injury/Knock.

Sounds like it was probably a Bruise and they don't want to risk it.

Rithik

gomes

Gomes is returning to Barcelona after picking up a Injury/Knock.

Sounds like it was probably a Bruise and they don't want to risk it.

I don't get why barca signed gomes. We are a club known for our youth system. Why can't use Samper instead of him or use Roberto in CM. I'm really disappointed by the signing. Whats your opinion?

Antimadridista1

Muscle injury. Doesn't look too good to be honest, he could be out for the game against Alaves.

But from now on we got squad depth.. Iniesta will probably be back and if he's not ready there is Denis.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Muscle injury. Doesn't look too good to be honest, he could be out for the game against Alaves.

But from now on we got squad depth.. Iniesta will probably be back and if he's not ready there is Denis.

Anything more to the nature of the injury? Overbearing? A tear?

God Serena

Can anyone explain to me what Gomes brings to the team, other than the same "He could be good one day" stuff we hear all the time? I sat down and thought about it and, for the life of me, I can't grasp how him being a Barca player helps the team other than being a body to occupy space when our midfield needs rotating.

jamrock

Can anyone explain to me what Gomes brings to the team, other than the same "He could be good one day" stuff we hear all the time? I sat down and thought about it and, for the life of me, I can't grasp how him being a Barca player helps the team other than being a body to occupy space when our midfield needs rotating.

That's how improves the team by being a body to help rotate, is that worth the money we paid for him,is the better question.

spark

Is he your next target after Arda or what? He helps the team by increasing competition and if all goes well helping to control games more down the road when he settles into the team.

gasgas

It's only been two games

Two bloody games

What's wrong with you guys.
Too many premature conclusions :rolleyes:

God Serena

Is he your next target after Arda or what? He helps the team by increasing competition and if all goes well helping to control games more down the road when he settles into the team.

Didn't say a word against him. Get your panties out of a bunch for two god damn seconds and have an actual discussion if that's even possible. It has nothing to do with the games he's played, I just don't atm see where he fits in and I'm trying to find a spot for him (In my head).

Is he really the type to control games? From what I've seen of him he's more of an Iniesta role, and it seems Lucho sees him the same way as well based on where he's played so far. But he doesn't seem to be on the same level as the likes of Denis or Iniesta.

If he's the type to bring control to our games, would you say that's the role Rakitic has? If yes, it's hard to see him being able to do it at anywhere near the same level, and if no, I don't see why we'd need to add that element to our game when the midfielders we currently have are doing such an all around great job.

Someone said before that he could possibly be a good sub for Busquets but I dismissed it, because Samper had been promoted, but now, it's starting to look like that just might be where he finds himself. It's hard for me to see him asserting himself in the rest of our midfield, and knowing Rafinha is almost guaranteed minutes makes his chances look even bleaker.

Home of Barca Fans