André Gomes

Icarium

Lifestealer
Raki had a very good start but soon dropped the form, which gave him a lot of criticism in this very specific forum. Then he upped his game again.

You can surf through the history and check by yourself.

I love Raki, but I can't resist answering to revisionism and fact twisting.

Anyway, even if you were right, players instantly fitting to Barça is not the norm. It's the exception.

Until now I didn't see anything to get excited about Gomes, but I give him the benefit of the doubt to prove himself in the next two seasons (this and the following one).

I dont the criticism was because of raki playing bad at that time. It is generally towards Lucho on how he is using the midfielders out wide and how they are not making any impact while looking very lethargic in midfield. Noone will doubt iniesta and no blame went to him and it was assumed that it was luchos mistake. While raki just came to barca and easier option for being a scape goat. But when the system flourished raki was tremendous, he made an immediate impact.

FC B

He clearly needs much more time to adapt to Barca's style of play but he looked really shaky thus far..

Messi983

I would like to see him at RCM.

Agree. I hope he'll start in Rakitić spot against Alaves after NT break. We'll then have a congested fixture until start of October when there will be another NT break and Alaves at home should be the easiest game (at least on paper) for us in September.

André

Dudes..denis is here since the first day of preseason while Gomes arrived 2-3 days before Gamper. He was good vs sevilla.

I love Raki and it took a while for him too

Asylum15

Wtf am I reading here.... We've played 2 games and André Gomes is not good enough?

Give me a BREAK.

God Serena

I wasn't watching the match but apparently he was subbed off due to a possible injury.

I thought this was the Denis Suarez thread and I panicked a little, and then I realized this is the thread for Andre Gomes, and now I'm not really all too bothered.

It's not that I don't like him, he just hasn't made a mark here yet.

Home of Barca Fans