André Gomes

FCBfan22

Yeah, because the NT coach has no say in this, and knows literally nothing about the players he picks - especially so the ones in lesser exposed teams such as Barça.

Btw, on a serious note, what does marketing campaigns in the UK have to do with Fernando Santos?

Nothing to do with Santos. The UK marketing campaigns I'm talking about are Mendes selling Ronaldo as the GOAT even when he was playing at Manchester.

Every Mendes' client isn't nearly as good as he advertises him, therefore he is a marketing genius.

Trickykid

Nothing to do with Santos. The UK marketing campaigns I'm talking about are Mendes selling Ronaldo as the GOAT even when he was playing at Manchester.

Every Mendes' client isn't nearly as good as he advertises him, therefore he is a marketing genius.

I still have a hard time grasping how all this correlates to Santos picking Gomes for the NT?

God Serena

I still have a hard time grasping how all this correlates to Santos picking Gomes for the NT?

I think what he's saying is Mendes's influence played a role in Santos deciding to call him up. Possibly in a manner similar to Del Bosque calling up Munir to the NT because of Lucho.

Just a guess though.

FCBfan22

He is picked basicalyy because he plays for Barca. As simple as that. If he was still at Valencia playing like he plays with us, he possibly wouldn't be picked (unless Portugal has a shortage of CM's).

Trickykid

I think what he's saying is Mendes's influence played a role in Santos deciding to call him up. Possibly in a manner similar to Del Bosque calling up Munir to the NT because of Lucho.

Just a guess though.

That's what I'm guessing as well. It's a thoroughly silly notion, though, as I refuse to believe that a guy like Fernando Santos doesn't make up his own mind about the players he picks.

Trickykid

He is picked basicalyy because he plays for Barca. As simple as that. If he was still at Valencia playing like he plays with us, he possibly wouldn't be picked (unless Portugal has a shortage of CM's).

But then we're back to the fact that Mendes hasn't got fuck all to do with Gomes playing for the NT, which was the point I was making.

God Serena

Are rumors of him asking for his release true? I saw something on my feed while I was casually scrolling my twitter feed during class. If he really has I might have to take back what I said about him not leaving.

Barca83

Banned
The fact that this will go down as one of his better games for us says it all

Doesn't seem like a bad guy but needs to move on this Summer

He is too weak mentally to play for Barcelona, the few times he attempted a forward pass he did it pretty well, gave a nice pass to dembele.. but as you can see 95% of his passes were back passes to rakitic, this is because he has no confidence in his abilities. He can be a decent player, but not for barcelona, he needs to go to a smaller team to regain his confidence

Sorin

How fucking low is the bar set when doing 3, 4 interceptions is not being useless for a Barca mid? Maybe if he was a Leganes player this could pass as an acceptable game but not for fucking Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans