André Gomes

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Problems are problems, and are worth caring about. It's not a competition. Our problems pale in comparison to some poor child in Syria who is being bombed on a daily basis, lost family, is poor, struggles to survive every day. Yet our problems are still worth caring about and deserve compassion.

hulinat

Millionaires can have problems too. Money doesn't equal happiness. I know some rich people and they have diagnosed depression and are on medication for it.

I've never said money doesnt equal happiness. Its just that there are a bit bigger problems in this world and I have no pity for him.

Jägermeister

I've never said money doesnt equal happiness. Its just that there are a bit bigger problems in this world and I have no pity for him.

Next time you‘re sad about something, just remember there are people who have it worse, boom instant happy again.

God Serena

I have suffered from anxiety although it has improved recently. Thankfully I don't have depression.

Ok, I am not sure if andre gomes meets the official diagnosis for these conditions, although some of what he said are indicators of these problems. My point still stands about people being insensitive after he has opened up about his personal issues.

I shouldn't have blown up the way I did, I'm sorry. Depression is a sensitive topic for me.

He's not showing anything close to the signs of actual depression, imo. He just seems like he doesn't enjoy his job and is ashamed of his public image as a celebrity. I used to feel like I was drowning, every single day, and that nothing was ever going to be okay... while playing video games.

Yeah okay, Gomes is having trouble adapting to the pressure of elite level football and not being anywhere near talented enough probably adds fuel to the fire, but there's a difference between sad/embarrassed, and truly, legitimately depressed. If you're just weak minded, as I believe Gomes to be, I don't see any reason to be sympathetic towards him. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen. That's all there is to it.

JamDav1982

I shouldn't have blown up the way I did, I'm sorry. Depression is a sensitive topic for me.

He's not showing anything close to the signs of actual depression, imo. He just seems like he doesn't enjoy his job and is ashamed of his public image as a celebrity. I used to feel like I was drowning, every single day, and that nothing was ever going to be okay... while playing video games.

Yeah okay, Gomes is having trouble adapting to the pressure of elite level football and not being anywhere near talented enough probably adds fuel to the fire, but there's a difference between sad/embarrassed, and truly, legitimately depressed. If you're just weak minded, as I believe Gomes to be, I don't see any reason to be sympathetic towards him. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen. That's all there is to it.

It is not about being 'weak minded'. Other players in far better positions than Gomes have spoken about similar feelings as well - Iniesta for example.

Completely irrelevant to compare it to your own situation really.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

No worries brother, sorry to hear about what you've experienced.

I think Gomes should move on from Barca, is best for all parties involved at this point. I thought a new season under a competent coach would help but he doesn't seem to have shown progress. There have been players that turned it around in similar situations at top clubs, even at Barca but they are the exception

God Serena

It is not about being 'weak minded'. Other players in far better positions than Gomes have spoken about similar feelings as well - Iniesta for example.

Completely irrelevant to compare it to your own situation really.

Other players don't deserve any more sympathy than Gomes. The difference is they learned to get used to it, while Gomes has not.

How is it irrelevant to say Gomes doesn't have depression? I'm comparing it to actual depression.

JamDav1982

Other players don't deserve any more sympathy than Gomes. The difference is they learned to get used to it, while Gomes has not.

How is it irrelevant to say Gomes doesn't have depression? I'm comparing it to actual depression.

That is not a difference at all if your argument that those in similar positions should not get those feelings in first place.

It is irrelevant to compare as that type of thing is unique to each person and people from all walks of life can suffer from it.

Gomes has not said he does but regardless if he had said that and had those feelings your situation doesnt matter. Just as people who see themselves in being in worse circumstances than you were in cant have any comment on how you feel/felt.

God Serena

No worries brother, sorry to hear about what you've experienced.

I think Gomes should move on from Barca, is best for all parties involved at this point. I thought a new season under a competent coach would help but he doesn't seem to have shown progress. There have been players that turned it around in similar situations at top clubs, even at Barca but they are the exception

The thing is, you can kind of tell which players will perform better under better coaching. Rakitic, Neymar, Alves, Alba, Pique, etc. are all players who've had pretty bad spells, but picked it up when the manager either changed or altered his tactics. Gomes was always clearly out of his depth. You could see he was never going to be Barca quality.

Windhook

Yep. Nice to see the support, really. He had great first 15 minutes, his pressuring lead to the third goal, but sadly from then on it was the ordinary Andre Gomes. I hope he overcomes the mental block.

Home of Barca Fans