André Gomes

Windhook

mPM203A.jpg

R

reaper

Just doesn't fit the system. When I saw him starting the game I felt like we may not score - he slows the game so much. We almost didn't score for the first time in the season.

clemente

Better than Rakitic my ass lmao, Rakitic did some insane long pass and created some chance at least even while playing deeper, also not expecting anyone to notice but he also covers distance and recovers balls, I don't even rate Rakitic above Roberto but saying Gomes was better than him is like a spit to his face.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Better than Rakitic my ass lmao, Rakitic did some insane long pass and created some chance at least even while playing deeper, also not expecting anyone to notice but he also covers distance and recovers balls, I don't even rate Rakitic above Roberto but saying Gomes was better than him is like a spit to his face.

Gomes created two chances. Rakitic did insane long passes? That's called fucking switching the play and even a 90 year old could do that when the other team packs one side of the field leaving the other FB open.

What chance did he create? Perhaps for Atletico by passing the ball back and sideways all the time. Covers distance and recovers the ball. He's a fucking midfielder whose first job is to create and build up play.

You could get Paulinho or Roberto to do what Rakitic does by running all over the field, and they'd be faster and more efficient doing so as well.

JamDav1982

Rakitic was utter shite and showed no bravery on the ball bar some fairly straightforward cross field passes to the left.

Team looked better then moment he went off.

serghei

Gomes created two chances. Rakitic did insane long passes? That's called fucking switching the play and even a 90 year old could do that when the other team packs one side of the field leaving the other FB open.

What chance did he create? Perhaps for Atletico by passing the ball back and sideways all the time. Covers distance and recovers the ball. He's a fucking midfielder whose first job is to create and build up play.

You could get Paulinho or Roberto to do what Rakitic does by running all over the field, and they'd be faster and more efficient doing so as well.

Spot on, the bolded part. That's a standard thing. Almost every player can do it.

Gomes had a pretty good game. Nothing breathtaking, but more good than bad overall.

Last edited:

clemente

His job is to create? the fuck? since when? His job was not a creator for 2 years now, his job is to cover for Messi and allow RB to run forward. And I fucking said that I rate Roberto above him so you don't have repeat me that shit, what I am saying is that Gomes is nowhere as good as him, 0 off the ball, 0 on the ball. ball control throws off our whole tempo, players NEVER make runs when he has the ball because they know he wont make a good pass, you can see we run back to defend a counter attack when Gomes has the ball.

Windhook

What about his constant fouls? The moment he loses the ball I know he is going to commit a foul. And he really fouls the opponent. It's not imaginary thing that the referee sees. What follows is even more ridiculous - he goes on to argue with the fourth referee "Oh, that wasn't a foul!". WTF!? I would download this match and make a 10 minute compilation just about his faults.

JamDav1982

What about his constant fouls? The moment he loses the ball I know he is going to commit a foul. And he really fouls the opponent. It's not imaginary thing that the referee sees. What follows is even more ridiculous - he goes on to argue with the fourth referee "Oh, that wasn't a foul!". WTF!? I would download this match and make a 10 minute compilation just about his faults.

Go for it.

He was positive on the ball and was better than likes of Raki with some errors thrown in is how I see it.

Last season Gomes was shit as he looked like was terrified. Dont see that as much now which is a positive for me.

Home of Barca Fans