André Gomes

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Over the past year, at his better levels you can maybe afford to have him on the pitch without him ruining everything (again, big maybe. If he's on good form but playing against a high pressure/difficult opponent then I have no faith). His best level was what he showed in the CDR final and that just looked like a random assortment of actions he attempted that happened to come off, not a secure gameplan that he consistently executes to fulfill a role. At his worst, he's a complete and utter liability. The actual worst games that he had for Barca practically redefined new lows, like the Messi of playing like shit. Something like 1 of 6 tackles made and 5 fouls, less than a handful of forward passes, and just shocking overall play.He's obviously not THAT low of a player but the fact is that his worst performances for Barca are worse than any of even Douglas, let alone Song/Mathieu/Vermaelen.

Pepe Silvia

His best level was what he showed in the CDR final and that just looked like a random assortment of actions he attempted that happened to come off
This describes yesterdays performance perfectly. Portugal for first time in years have a fluid ball carrier/attack that was admittedely impressive. The chink in the chain in those fluid build up moments was almost always Gomes.

JamDav1982

This describes yesterdays performance perfectly. Portugal for first time in years have a fluid ball carrier/attack that was admittedely impressive. The chink in the chain in those fluid build up moments was almost always Gomes.

Gomes didnt play well but to make out he was breaking down attacks amongst better team mates is wrong. Pretty much the whole Portugal attack individually were shit. It looked looked like a half arsed friendly.

BigBarcaBoy

He was poor but a lot of his more illustrious colleagues didn't exactly play well

R

reaper

I think the Barca fans will boo him again this season and the usual snowflakes will attack the Barcelona fans who boo him for not showing honour and supporting a crappy Barcelona player.

God Serena

Roberto was a beast in training even back during the Tata Martino era. I remember the open training session they had that season and Roberto was like a mini Messi almost. He had a first touch where he spun around while dragging the ball with the back of his foot and it made Masche step forward as Sergi ran past him.

It was still understood that he wasn't good enough to actually play at that time, though. Even when his confidence is at his highest he's never as good in game as he was during that training. During that time even Tello was doing putting in solid fake shots that had his teammates falling over themselves.

I see that "Must impress in training" suggestion throw around a lot but I know firsthand that a player doing well there isn't nearly enough...

michelco

Sad to see the state he is in now. Looks completely lost. Compare his body language now and when he played for Valencia, its two different people. For Valencia he was brilliant, but then again at Valencia he was playing in a low sitting counter attacking system which afforded him both time and space on the ball.

clemente

Hes just strong.. Should play for Juve or Atletic but never for us, I try to defend him all the time but hes just bad.. Please just sell him, hes way too clumsy to play for us..

Home of Barca Fans