Álvaro Negredo

T

TataMascapenes

Every midfielder from la liga who goes over shines this year it was ozil/navas last year santi year before that mata.

Yeah this is bullshit, those are all outstanding players. Pozuelo for example hasn't been great for Swansea, nor has Cañas. The latter has been solid but hasn't "shone" or anything.

DinhoR10

Yeah this is bullshit, those are all outstanding players. Pozuelo for example hasn't been great for Swansea, nor has Cañas. The latter has been solid but hasn't "shone" or anything.

Not saying they're not good but theres a reason most of them don't make the spain NT. Of the players I've called only Ozil is world class.

T

TataMascapenes

Not saying they're not good but theres a reason most of them don't make the spain NT. Of the players I've called only Ozil is world class.

The reason being Spain having a ton of world class midfielders already. All of the Spaniards you mentioned do make the NT on a regular basis though, just not the starting XI. Cazorla is definitely world class imo, although there's nothing I hate more than arguing about that particular term.

DinhoR10

The reason being Spain having a ton of world class midfielders already. All of the Spaniards you mentioned do make the NT on a regular basis though, just not the starting XI. Cazorla is definitely world class imo, although there's nothing I hate more than arguing about that particular term.

Meant starting XI i don't consider perennial benching being a real part of the team. And I don't particularly rate santi cazorla but I can see from your picture we'll have to agree to disagree about him.

On Negrado, I would say that he would be spain's backup striker but Torres always makes it onto the side no matter what( Ends up contributing to goals in the final too :lol: ) and Costa is the best striker spain have available currently but we'll see.

Alarcón

I doubt that the majority of the forum had even heard of those players until now. You can't just pick some unknown Spaniards who apparently haven't shone in the PL and cite them as proof that Spanish players don't look better playing in England than they do in Spain. The Premier League's level has been dropping for quite a few years now.

coura

Banned

Michu was average in Spain and a star in EPL. It´s the latin quality. Of course some clubs are stupid and buy luis alberto for 8M. lol

Please buy Tello Liverpool

T

TataMascapenes

I doubt that the majority of the forum had even heard of those players until now. You can't just pick some unknown Spaniards who apparently haven't shone in the PL and cite them as proof that Spanish players don't look better playing in England than they do in Spain. The Premier League's level has been dropping for quite a few years now.

I agree with the Prem's level having dropped but the guy I cited claimed that literally every midfielder from La Liga shone after coming to the Prem. I was merely pointing out this was not true :)

MrKnowitAlll

Michu was average in Spain and a star in EPL. It´s the latin quality. Of course some clubs are stupid and buy luis alberto for 8M. lol

Please buy Tello Liverpool

yh , we did wrong with the luis alberto transfer.. but i think we brought him. but tbh he is being played out of position. we're playing him like xabi alonso, n not a attacking player.
which is sad but tbh he wont play with countiho there. same with aspas he has a chance now but sturridge is back from injury so i think his chances r limited.

Djab

How long he'll be sidelined?
imgres

Home of Barca Fans