Álvaro Negredo

MVBarcaFan

Depending how many forwards Del Bosque wants to take with him to Brazil, I'd take Negredo, Villa, Costa, and Llorente (for an aerial threat). Soldado and Torres deserve no spot on the Spanish NT.

BarcaOG

Banned
negredo's settled in very comfortably at the etihad.

it's interesting. in the summer, critics pointed to City's dearth of star signings. they pointed to negredo and said, "is this City's summer purchase? An competent (but not dazzling) striker from Sevilla?"

surely by now they have been silenced by the spaniard.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Negredo is only really good as a support striker. Before today's game (against the giants that are West Ham, may I add), he was in quite poor form without his buddy Aguero. Against a good defense, he's not any good as the main striker (and Dzeko isn't good enough to play that main role so Negredo can support) and since Del Bosque will never play two strikers, I can't really see him featuring in Spain's XI.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He won't feature but I think he can still be a factor in Brasil, a very skilled forward who is enjoying a great season in England...Doing better than I imagined really

desoe

He's a bull. But I still think that Pellegrini won't start him against us, putting an extra midfielder behind Kun.

H

Haruko The Goon

What a top class finisher. Cool, Calm, and accurate.

Doesn't need multiple chances to get a goal, having a wonderful season. Top striker, I really like him.

Theconomist

He's a bull. But I still think that Pellegrini won't start him against us, putting an extra midfielder behind Kun.

Negredo is dangerous but we could handle him with Sevilla, we'll do the same with City if he plays. Kun is Kun, the danger is there we'll have to deal with it. The player that really scares me is Navas, that dude always gave us issues AND he's on top form at city+ he doesn't start. Coming on at the 65-70 min mark against tired legs, I can see them scoring on the counter espeially with those Toure long passes. Adriano/Alba will have to be VERY vigilant.

Alik

Negredo is dangerous but we could handle him with Sevilla, we'll do the same with City if he plays. Kun is Kun, the danger is there we'll have to deal with it. The player that really scares me is Navas, that dude always gave us issues AND he's on top form at city+ he doesn't start. Coming on at the 65-70 min mark against tired legs, I can see them scoring on the counter espeially with those Toure long passes. Adriano/Alba will have to be VERY vigilant.
Alba never gets tired :alba: :p

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Less worried about the wide players, its Kun, Negredo & Dzeko that will be cause for concern, for me

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He won't feature but I think he can still be a factor in Brasil, a very skilled forward who is enjoying a great season in England...Doing better than I imagined really

Just about every average Spaniard that comes to EPL shines. Not saying Negredo is average but take your pick from dozen of signings in past few years.
Another simple proof of mighty standards of EPL, eh.

DinhoR10

Just about every average Spaniard that comes to EPL shines. Not saying Negredo is average but take your pick from dozen of signings in past few years.
Another simple proof of mighty standards of EPL, eh.

Every midfielder from la liga who goes over shines this year it was ozil/navas last year santi year before that mata.

Tonykross

Those guys are not average, is just that they don't really get noticed while in Spain because of the dominance of Real and Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans