Alvaro Morata

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No, he cannot. Not even close. He is finished. Even the worst version of Morata is way better than the current version of Negredo. As much as Morata has struggled for Chelsea this season he remains their most prolific goalscorer after Hazard this season with only 3 goals fewer than Hazard with much fewer minutes played.

Only against minnows? Are you sure about that? If that was the case Valverde and the board would not be looking for a striker right now.

What will happen if Suárez gets injured for a longer time period or when the season will be decided? He will turn 32 in a few days and has had troubles with his knee for a while now. In such a case you want a reliable and quality substitute. Not a finished player who can barely move.

The way I see it the club is looking for a half-a-year emergency, not for someone who shall stay after the season. If Morata comes and performs well, however, I can see us buying him for 60m, which IMO would be a mistake. Would rather want us to get an experienced striker on loan, and look for a young striker in the summer mercato.

About minnows: Suarez is the least injury prone top striker in the world, quite literally, according to stats. Munir in his first season for us, Paco and Munir again have almost always got garbage games in which Suarez's absence did not play a role. The only time Paco was really useful was when he scored a brace against Sevilla at home to let us win 2-1, and that's it.

Last edited:

Devils

[tw]1085545165790408705[/tw]

I'm guessing that this is going to be something like a 11m loan + 30-35m purchase in the summer?

This is the only way such a thing would make sense.

Leo_Messi

The way I see it the club is looking for a half-a-year emergency, not for someone who shall stay after the season. If Morata comes and performs well, however, I can see us buying him for 60m, which IMO would be a mistake. Would rather want us to get an experienced striker on loan, and look for a young striker in the summer mercato.

About minnows: Suarez is the least injury prone top striker in the world, quite literally, according to stats. Munir in his first season for us, Paco and Munir again have almost always got garbage games in which Suarez's absence did not play a role. The only time Paco was really useful was when he scored a brace against Sevilla at home to let us win 2-1, and that's it.

Yes, and loaning Morata for the reminder of this season solves this challenge and does the job better than anyone else that I can think of and who the club actually have a chance of loaning.

That's a mere assumption. Even if Morata would perform well (how would that be a bad thing to begin with?), I doubt that the club would blindly buy him if better alternatives emerge in the summer.

Yes, until now that is. Yet the same Suárez has (supposedly) knee problems that seem somewhat chronic until he undergoes an operation. That occurred seasons ago. Suárez will turn 32 in a few days. He is not getting younger.

Once again, we are screwed if Suárez is out, say from the beginning of February and onwards for an extended period of time or when the season will be decided. We will be left without an attacker. You are arguing for the sake of arguing, it seems. How can the Morata option (say a loan worth 3 million euros and us paying only half of his salary) be a bad deal? If he fails (unlikely if you ask me and if he gets chances to prove himself), the costs of this failure will be marginal but at least the club tried and did what they should be doing.

Also, Suárez needs to be rotated more. Injured or not injured. Here a quality striker (yes, Morata is a quality striker when on form) could be a really good solution.

Anyway there are other options other than Morata out there. Just saying that he would be a good one and that I struggle to find better ones who we can actually get and who we would not need to pay for. For instance the rumor of buying a 32 year old Stuani for 15 million euros, is a much, much worse alternative IMO.

Vilarrubi

I'm guessing that this is going to be something like a 11m loan + 30-35m purchase in the summer?

11m for 6 months? Surely that's the highest loan cost of all time lol

Leo_Messi

Helena Condis.:lol:

I don't believe that rumor for a second. €11m for a 5 month (!) loan? That would be the most expensive loan in history. It's another way for the board to say that we won't pay the wages of Morata, even though he is a better option than attacker x or y, as we prefer the cheaper option. An old tactic of theirs.

Devils

Like I said though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the club were trying to loan him now but then make a agreement to purchase him in the summer.

D10S_JC

Chelsea must offload Morata after signing Higuain. It's sure a 11m loan for half year is laughable and ridiculous.
They must compromise to reach the deal.

Leo_Messi

Chelsea must offload Morata after signing Higuain. It's sure a 11m loan for half year is laughable and ridiculous.
They must compromise to reach the deal.

Which should put the club in a good negotiation position but knowing this board they won't make much out of this opportunity.

If the board can somehow convince Morata of Barça being the right club for him and him getting enough of chances, Alba, Busquets, Piqué and others will do the rest. Alba already openly told that the squad would welcome Morata with open arms and that was 2 months ago if I recall correctly. Or at least a while ago.

From what I am aware of Morata has not too many options. He wants out of England so that leaves out English clubs. France, outside of QSG, is a big step down and no club other than QSG can afford his wages anyway. Germany? I don't see Bayern or Dortmund being interested. Italy (his wife is Italian)? A possibility but once again not many suitors out there. AC Milan is rumored to be interested but not sure if Morata would be interested if he can go back to Spain and play for either us or Atlético de Madrid. So that leaves Spain. Sevilla were rumored to be interested but they could apparently not afford his wages and they just signed Munir. So that leaves two clubs. One in BCN and the other in the right part of Madrid.

Why anyone would want this madrid reject

Reject? What are you talking about? He had a great last season for RM (2016-17) and solved his role to perfection as a super sub. It was him who wanted out to play regularly. RM seeing it like a good opportunity to cash in on him, decided to sell him. It was not due to him not being good enough to play as a super sub for RM.

Morata won't be a starter unless when rotating or when Valverde will experiment with occasional new formations (unlikely). Nor would a loan deal necessarily mean (not even close) that he would be our answer for a Suárez substitute. Obviously as things stand right now he is not good enough to replace Suárez but he is surely good enough to be a super sub or player who plays from the start every 3 games and who enters every second game with 20-30 minutes left or something alike.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

If we can get him on loan with a buy option for ~30mil I think it’s a good piece of business. He’s relatively young (26) and has scored many big goals already in his career. That being said aren’t Atleti looking to purchase him?

Devils

[tw]1085563083953766401[/tw]

Looks like Higuain will be off to Chelsea very soon.

I'm guessing once this happens, we'll move in for Morata.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yes, and loaning Morata for the reminder of this season solves this challenge and does the job better than anyone else that I can think of and who the club actually have a chance of loaning.

That's a mere assumption. Even if Morata would perform well (how would that be a bad thing to begin with?), I doubt that the club would blindly buy him if better alternatives emerge in the summer.

Yes, until now that is. Yet the same Suárez has (supposedly) knee problems that seem somewhat chronic until he undergoes an operation. That occurred seasons ago. Suárez will turn 32 in a few days. He is not getting younger.

Once again, we are screwed if Suárez is out, say from the beginning of February and onwards for an extended period of time or when the season will be decided. We will be left without an attacker. You are arguing for the sake of arguing, it seems. How can the Morata option (say a loan worth 3 million euros and us paying only half of his salary) be a bad deal? If he fails (unlikely if you ask me and if he gets chances to prove himself), the costs of this failure will be marginal but at least the club tried and did what they should be doing.

Also, Suárez needs to be rotated more. Injured or not injured. Here a quality striker (yes, Morata is a quality striker when on form) could be a really good solution.

Anyway there are other options other than Morata out there. Just saying that he would be a good one and that I struggle to find better ones who we can actually get and who we would not need to pay for. For instance the rumor of buying a 32 year old Stuani for 15 million euros, is a much, much worse alternative IMO.

You are seriously overrating Morata. His level depends on his confidence entirely, and when he feels gloomy (which is very fucking often) he is just shocking. He will not be able to deal with the pressure that he will face here. Pitchforks will come out after the very first bad game because he is a former madridista. I'll pull a BBZ here and claim that this transfer has a 90% chance of being a failure.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans