Alvaro Morata

Devils

Difference is: They are proven topscorering material. Morata isn't. Give him full game time for a topclub = topscorer in the league? I'm not sure - the others are more goalgetting types, and they tend to be more expensive because it is more difficult to put the damn ball in the net than work hard and participate in the play well, as Morata does.

Aguero could be sold if a proper bid landed. Aubameyang is older but 2-3 times more likely to be the striker Chelsea need, but still Morata manage to cost the same - that is good salesmans-ship from RM.

Or was it 10M€?

Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with the Illara transfer.

khaled_a_d

Difference is: They are proven topscorering material. Morata isn't. Give him full game time for a topclub = topscorer in the league? I'm not sure - the others are more goalgetting types, and they tend to be more expensive because it is more difficult to put the damn ball in the net than work hard and participate in the play well, as Morata does.

Aguero could be sold if a proper bid landed. Aubameyang is older but 2-3 times more likely to be the striker Chelsea need, but still Morata manage to cost the same - that is good salesmans-ship from RM.

Or was it 10M€?

1-You can't use this argument when you are mentioning far less proven player like Belotti who had only one good season in his career, he could be one year wonder for all what we know
2-Chelsea want the next step in CL, that is Morata for sure not Belotti. And Chelsea prefers younger investment, how many 80M players out there was older than 26? Auba is great but age limits his value.
3-Morata was at same price range when he was in Juve, it isn't a RM pr here, he was very highly rated player even before going back to RM.
4-I respect your opinion, but look it from the market opinion not from how you rate players,one has proven himself in two different league and Championsleague, has all tools that a coach like Conte want,speed,length,strength,talent etc. No way you put him in same price tag as Belotti, and very normal to put him above Aubamayang because of age.

serghei

Agreed, that's why I think they are probably trying to get Mbappe this summer instead of next year.

That's the logical thing to do I guess. But not sure it will happen this summer. Benzema is their clear starter for 1-2 more season for sure. Mbappe would be an idiot to come and risk playing time, when he can play for Monaco in top games, whith no pressure and develop his abilities even further.

BarçaBarça

Drenthe is worse, Illarramendi is worse,Woodgate is worse, Kaka is probably worse too. Probably if I dig more I could name a dozen of worse deals

All of them with very little loss. Kaka the exception: Veeery bad deal all around that one - close to the definition of a flop.
But Barca hasn't been as bad at selling players as they are now, compared to RM. RM just got better and Barca has gotten worse (in terms of making money).

I don't think Barca are all bad in the transfer-business. A lot was against Suarez before he came here to silence everyone, but no-one gives the board any credit for that decision ever, even though it is a definitive one to securing a historic treble. Same goes with Neymar - only shitting on the board because of the shady corruptive parts, but they actually secured the biggest brazilian talent of the generation, and that is also an achievement. So everything related transfers at Barca isn't a ride towards doom, it is just annoying that RM, on average, is better at selling players than we are.

serghei

All of them with very little loss. Kaka the exception: Veeery bad deal all around that one - close to the definition of a flop.
But Barca hasn't been as bad at selling players as they are now, compared to RM. RM just got better and Barca has gotten worse (in terms of making money).

I don't think Barca are all bad in the transfer-business. A lot was against Suarez before he came here to silence everyone, but no-one gives the board any credit for that decision ever, even though it is a definitive one to securing a historic treble. Same goes with Neymar - only shitting on the board because of the shady corruptive parts, but they actually secured the biggest brazilian talent of the generation, and that is also an achievement. So everything related transfers at Barca isn't a ride towards doom, it is just annoying that RM, on average, is better at selling players than we are.

That's true. On average, they sell better. Probably that's also because their players lend themselves to more styles of play, because Madrid doesn't really have a style of their own.

BarçaBarça

1-You can't use this argument when you are mentioning far less proven player like Belotti who had only one good season in his career, he could be one year wonder for all what we know
2-Chelsea want the next step in CL, that is Morata for sure not Belotti. And Chelsea prefers younger investment, how many 80M players out there was older than 26? Auba is great but age limits his value.
3-Morata was at same price range when he was in Juve, it isn't a RM pr here, he was very highly rated player even before going back to RM.
4-I respect your opinion, but look it from the market opinion not from how you rate players,one has proven himself in two different league and Championsleague, has all tools that a coach like Conte want,speed,length,strength,talent etc. No way you put him in same price tag as Belotti, and very normal to put him above Aubamayang because of age.

1. Alright, Belotti is less proven, but already proved to be more of a goalscorer.

I still disagree that Morata is more worth than Aubameyang from a market perspective. Auba is at another level than Morata, so Chelsea buy potential along with the extra years, but that potential is assumed to be deadsure World-class quality by most people it seem. By market-logic: Griezmann is worth 100M, then what is Morata worth? Half, I would say.

Yannik

I don't think Belotti is less proven. Morata has played on a higher level, but has not made the first squad there.
Belotti meanwhile has not played there yet, but is playing first team and scoring week in, week out. And they're the same age, Belotti even a year younger.
That evens each other out.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans